Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:21 PM   #661
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki_559 View Post
Damn, i remember reading this thread a couple of years back. It's pretty cool to literally be able to see how much you've grown, learned, and how much effort you have put in to this car. With all of your set backs, down time due to paint and engine building/tuning, etc, how many miles do you think you have actually driven this since you first bought it? Keep up the awesome work!
I appreciate the kind words..

I've literally probably driven this car less than 50 miles. i went to school with it once back in high school (5 mile round trip) and i went for an alignment 2 towns over (20 miles or so) and then quick rides here and there. Finally i can start driving this thing.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #662
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Tomorrow i am installing a new coolant temp sensor because i've been having a shitty problem.. i will pull up to a red light get ready to stop and the car will stall out and it wont start for 5-10 minutes, its literally stranded. then boom i crank and it fires right up, perfect.

if anyone has any advice here, i'm listening. I have good fuel pressure, the motor cranks strong, but doesn't start. my first step is replacing this sensor.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:20 AM   #663
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I would start there, if it still continues I'd check to see if the coils are overheating.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:26 PM   #664
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Got the new coolant temp sensor in there today, drove the car and had no problems. did a little donuts got the car hot, and it stalled when i came to a stop. My next step is the coilpack, i found some on enjuku "p2n" $140 for all 4. i would love to hear some reviews on these before i buy them, its those or the yellow jackets.

**temp gauge reads very very low when driving today, is that related to the 1 prong plug?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #665
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just went through your build thread and man this is a clean hatch! Good work for sure! Goals for my s13 build
Old 09-06-2018, 04:42 PM   #666
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

got the car running 100% no issues ! ill have to get some pictures.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:05 AM   #667
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Car didn't sell? Could've sworn it was on craigslist a few months back.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #668
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Car didn't sell? Could've sworn it was on craigslist a few months back.
Nope, never sold it.. had one person look at it thats it. I love this car, just have no time for it whatsoever. Hopefully i can get it inside for the winter and keep making it great..
Old 07-25-2021, 06:37 PM   #669
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

i regretfully sold this car 2 years ago.. wah wah. one day i will build another one with so much more knowledge at hand. it was fun.
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #670
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Upon lots of reflection, although most probably wont see this, I really appreciate all the guys who gave such honest and truthful feedback back in the day. I wish I had the awareness to listen to you guys and buy better parts. You guys were all right... haha.

Although, i didnt really ever drive this car much anyway, and I definitely regret selling it. I just recently got back into the car game with a super clean 95 e36 m3, and it's made me realize just how much i miss that car. Live and learn! Some day I'll have a nice shop at my house and take on another 240 build for sure, with much higher quality parts, and craftsmanship.

If anything, this car was a major teacher in my life and I am very grateful for all that I learned.