Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #31
pancakes
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
pancakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Suspension/steering mods,upgraded clutch and flywheel, 2way LSD, bucket seat, and steering wheel.

Then lots of seat time.

THEN add power.
gft

suspension>brakes>horsepower

WTB s14 abs 5 speed drive shaft and vlsd
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #32
jlopez7354
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jlopez7354 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1234 View Post
So I just picked up my s14 for 4000 and I was wondering which way I should go. Ive already done the research and I know all the pro's between rb25, 2jz, rb26, ls1 blah blah blah. What I really need to know is which is the best way to go with $8000 usd. What do you guys think I should do with my 8 grand?
Fuck all the tips you just received this is what you should do. Drive the car bone stock for a while about a year or more, learn the car and it's limits before you drop a turbo in there and you end up crashing your car in the wall. When you have had the car for a while you will know if the 240 life is for you or you want to sell your car and get something newer or more reliable I have seen many people come and go they get their car start dropping loads of money into it and abandoning the project halfway selling the car and cutting their losses. For most people it is just a phase. Take it from me. I got my first 240 2 years ago and haven't done anything to it I now feel comfortable enough and sure that I want to drop some money into my car even though I could sell it and buy something newer.
jlopez7354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #33
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
@DEOLIO....LMFAO you made me spit my fucking tea all over my comp.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:04 AM   #34
l adam l
Zilvia Member

l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad1234 View Post
What I really need to know is which is the best way to go with $8000 usd. What do you guys think I should do with my 8 grand?

What you really should do is put it in a box and send it to me. Or send it via PayPal.

Seriously though I debated on forever what I wanted to do with mine...it's really in what you want to do with the car. I finally decided to go with the 26, because I want a reliable 500hp. Why? I wanna go fast in a straight line, consider this I've spent 4 grand and all I have is a r33 rb26 and all its doing is sitting on an engine stand... a lot of work will go into a 26 swap.
l adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #35
staykasaurus
Leaky Injector

staykasaurus is an unknown quantity at this point
The best cars are in florida. They are the DILLIGAF driven cars. Not the stance AM I COOL YET GUYS cars

"Rimmed up? That's gangster."
staykasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM   #36
Jplace00

Jplace00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rb25det that's what I have in my kouki and I love it
Jplace00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #37
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Trade it for nice Canadian s13 convertible
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #38
xdhjdjyj

xdhjdjyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep the KA, it's reliable. Drive the hell out of your car and when it goes boom get an LSX. I've gone through two SRs and it's just not worth it.
xdhjdjyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #39
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If you have never built a car before (which is obvious you haven't else you wouldn't have made this dumb fucking post) just drive it stock and figure out what you want to improve.

If you wanna be a scene stance bro, make it look cool, no one cares about a swap besides the fact that it sounds good.

If you want to be fast. Plan to spend double your modding budget.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #40
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Simple formula provided in link below. Parts list at the bottom. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://southrnfresh.com/cash-240/
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #41
shihabby

shihabby is an unknown quantity at this point
I 2nd the suggestion of selling the 240 and taking the cash and buying a well-sorted low-miles 350Z. If you want a project to drain all your money away for years, import a Skyline GTS-T or GTR.
shihabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #42
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Coilovers. Diff. Seat. Wheel. Shift knob (this one is pretty subjective). Z32 brakes or whatever. Cool wheels. Cool wheels. Make sure you keep the car really clean and nice. Keep the stock KA while you're still learning. This is the formula to being happy happy happy with your car.

SRs are super cool and fun as fuck but sometimes I feel like I'd rather have a really reliable KA and a nicer car than a somewhat reliable SR like my car has right now. But don't even open the hood aside from oil changes until you have lots of experience. A healthy KA has more than enough power to drift.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:27 PM   #43
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Coilovers. Diff. Seat. Wheel. Shift knob (this one is pretty subjective). Z32 brakes or whatever. Cool wheels. Cool wheels. Make sure you keep the car really clean and nice. Keep the stock KA while you're still learning. This is the formula to being happy happy happy with your car.

SRs are super cool and fun as fuck but sometimes I feel like I'd rather have a really reliable KA and a nicer car than a somewhat reliable SR like my car has right now. But don't even open the hood aside from oil changes until you have lots of experience. A healthy KA has more than enough power to drift.
+1 what Reece said.

OP, just please don't pull ISIS on that bitch (the KA) like the ancient cryptic lost language speaking homeboy that just joined...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorkz View Post
so i had a 240sx got that by my dad from working on weekends i blew that bitch up sold it
Fucking silly man.