Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
isr water pump questions (SR20)

before putting the engine in the car I want to freshen up as much as possible so I don't have to worry about issues down the road. Low mileage engine (SR20) everything was clean for the most part. Since it is a low mileage engine I'd like to assume the water pump should be ok but part of me wants to replace the thermostat and water pump while it's out for peace of mind. I was looking at the ISR water pumps the price isn't bad, has anyone used them and are they decent? I will be dailying the car. I was also told a KA thermostat should work fine so i'll probably just get that. Any info is much appreciated, thanks in advance!
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #2
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
The SR water pump OEM is about 50 shipped. Why would you take the chance with an off brand one that is LITERALLY 8 dollars cheaper than the OEM but can cause 1-2K in damage if it fails unnoticed?!?!?!

Also S14 and S13 water pumps are different. The impellers are different.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Or p2m pump (that's what I have ) theyre r&d is very well done, I have a lot of their stuff. But... I also have the black nylon ISR turbo lines and they're awesome, also theyre full 3" elbow (I have no flex pipe) and it hasn't snapped or anything, its tough as fuck. So I've been lucky but others haven't been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #4
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm with rallyart, just buy the OE one!

That's what I'd want for my car, but go buy any part you want for your car!

Good luck! And maybe look at a nismo thermostat too
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #5
doridoridori
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
doridoridori is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
The SR water pump OEM is about 50 shipped. Why would you take the chance with an off brand one that is LITERALLY 8 dollars cheaper than the OEM but can cause 1-2K in damage if it fails unnoticed?!?!?!

Also S14 and S13 water pumps are different. The impellers are different.
where you find it for 50 at? i don't mind getting oem i usually prefer so im just tight on cash but i don't like to cut corners either. I wasn't sure how good the ISR one was so wasn't sure if it was worth getting or not
doridoridori is offline   Reply With Quote