Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #31
Sideways570sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
Sideways570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Media+the average person (you) get together, and say 'OMG THINGS ARE BAD', then the people that do have money and know what they are doing, all start to sell.

But its ok, because I've learned from you people. I make money on fear trading now.

I wait until a massive company runs into problems, and fear mongering takes it down to well below its value. Then I buy a lot of share, because when people realize (in this case FORD and GM) are not going anywhere, and I profit 200-400%

Purchased for at $3.80 a few years back, sold at $13..something. GM I was daytrading lots, and made about 10% after all the smoke cleared. ...because I bought into the fear that people like you start.

so everyone, don't listen to thread creators like this. They are 'negative nancy' types. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing tin-foil on his head.

PS. Gold is just like any other currency. If you fear mongers really wanted to make money, invest in resources and commodities and real-estate. Now is the best time to buy a house. People always need food and shelter, and resources drive industry regardless where it is in the world.

And thats the way, the cookie crumbles.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #32
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

If you fear mongers really wanted to make money, invest in resources and commodities and real-estate. Now is the best time to buy a house. People always need food and shelter, and resources drive industry regardless where it is in the world.

Buahhahaha! You just completely agreed with me. You just suggested people who want to make money should invest in commodities.....GOLD is a resource and a commodity along with real estate, guns and tools. Things with actual intrinsic or practical value is what I suggest.

Quote:

PS. Gold is just like any other currency.
Uhh, no it's not.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #33
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
^uh, yes it is. Besides conducting electricity, it doesn't really do much, and there is more presious metals that are worth more.

keep watching youtube man, waste your time.

as for agreeing with you, no I just proved you are a Fear Monger. I still play the market. I still make lots of money based on fear

But I'll give you a little tip, next time a big disaster happens, pay attention. My friend made several million dollars from September 11 because the moment the 2nd plane hit, he was buying airport security companies. I came out ahead when everyone was selling back in 2007 and 2008 from the crash. Why? because I wasn't a sheep and followed everyone to the slaughter house.

You NEVER listen to the fear mongers when you invest in a company, you a) evaluate the earnings, and b) evaluate its physical assets.

...so I guess I shouldn't reply to your bs and be thankful that enough of it makes me rich. So EVERYONE, believe everything bad you hear on the internet!!!!

But serious, all you are doing is teaching this next generation to hate corporations, hate companies. This is bad. Btw, I'm not replying to this, keep preaching.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #34
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

GhostlyCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
The value of the US dollar has fallen almost every year since it's inception.

Nothing new here. It's not the end of America.
GhostlyCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #35
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Media+the average person (you) get together, and say 'OMG THINGS ARE BAD', then the people that do have money and know what they are doing, all start to sell.

But its ok, because I've learned from you people. I make money on fear trading now.

I wait until a massive company runs into problems, and fear mongering takes it down to well below its value. Then I buy a lot of share, because when people realize (in this case FORD and GM) are not going anywhere, and I profit 200-400%

Purchased for at $3.80 a few years back, sold at $13..something. GM I was daytrading lots, and made about 10% after all the smoke cleared. ...because I bought into the fear that people like you start.

so everyone, don't listen to thread creators like this. They are 'negative nancy' types. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wearing tin-foil on his head.

PS. Gold is just like any other currency. If you fear mongers really wanted to make money, invest in resources and commodities and real-estate. Now is the best time to buy a house. People always need food and shelter, and resources drive industry regardless where it is in the world.
I bought Ford shares when they were under $2/share. Sold around $12/share. That was some good money.
BarrigaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #36
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I still play the market. I still make lots of money based on fear

That's fantastic, I'm happy your making lots of money based of fear. I make money filling an actual need in a real market place. The question is what do either of us do with our money if paper money goes south rapidly. Having yours in a stock will do you no good in that situation. The solution for both of us is gold, a "currency" that can't be reprinted and is always the default means of trade in disaster economic situations which is what is coming (sooner or later).

Last edited by Fred Allen Burge; 01-27-2012 at 11:10 PM..
Fred Allen Burge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #37
wonpoo
Zilvia Junkie

wonpoo is an unknown quantity at this point
GO BUY YOUR GOLD AND GTFO

not to be a jerk and all...
Old 01-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #38
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonpoo View Post
GO BUY YOUR GOLD AND GTFO

not to be a jerk and all...
You bring a lot to the conversation.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #39
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
I trade as well and have made some really good returns in the fear market. Last 2 months for example made a good return when apple stock fell to 365 and now trades at 446.

But, I definitely see the other side of the issue too. I don't see anything inherently wrong with the dollar other then the way we use it. Our government has very clearly misused our currency and credit where it might never be able to recover.

Fact is our national debt is skyrocketing. Fact is that if the Dollar is no longer the Standard Currency that would have a noticeable impact on our economy. Would it affect to the point of apocalypse? No, but we might have to make some major credit and banking changes to cover the loss of the Dollars devaluation on the world oil stage.

I believe the Dollar is still a solid asset and is still pretty stable in the face of the euro and lesser currencies. What it's not is infallible. There are possible scenarios that can take place and might if our government keeps it's current financial model that will bring the Dollar to it's knees and bring forth hyperinflation.

I believe that the Dollar and the US economy are still strong and there really is plenty of wealth to go around. But to completely rule out the possibility of the Dollar failing due to misuse is just as asinine of any tin foil hat theory.

Our curency and economy/stock market was really brought to the brink of utter colopase the past 3 years. It took qualitative easing and record low interest rates to get the credit flowing again.

So I am not really as scared of any "act of god" scenario that might destroy our countries finances so much so of the "act of man".
To say the there is nothing wrong with the Dollar today is false. Hence the high gold and silver prices. People are scared. Why are people so scared?

I think people are scared because the government and huge banking and insurance companies have shown their true colors. That they are as greedy as they are incompetent. The don't care about job creation, middle class, and a stable currency for future generation. All they care about is profit margins, election years, bonuses and life long pensions.

It really is Capitalism at it's best. And really I'm all for it. Just not at the cost of what we saw in 2008.

And to the poster who said the great depression was caused by fear, you need to refresh your history a little. When the market collapsed in 1929 thousands of banks failed. There was no FDIC back then to insure people's savings. So when a bank failed it took your account with it. So that's why people rallied to banks. The problem was the financial structure it self. Not the general populous.

And even then the causes the market crash of 1929 are eerily similar the crash of 2008. Predatory loans and false high valuation. Only this time the loans were not real estate loans but loans on the stock itself.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #40
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_Tuner View Post
kinda hard for business owners to employ more people when no one is buying...
it can go both ways
Companies were given billions in incentives to hire more people but after they started laying people realized they could make do with the amount of employees they had left over. Which is why you hear many people complaing they are doing the work of 2-3 people for the same pay.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #41
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Oh ma gawd!

Just becuase it happened in your lifetime (recession) doesn't mean it has not happened again. This is jsut a cycle, and it will be over before you know it, but by that time the rich will have invested and made fortunes once again.

We are the only nation in the world that can self-sustain - we have every resource imaginable to keep ourselves alive. Other countries have to trade because they produce only a few valued goods, i.e. Iraq - only produces oil; U.S. produces avocados, cars, iPhones, corn, you name it.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
If you want to impress me, tell me why the YEN is so high still, even after a massive disaster.

i want to know this. fred can you answer this?
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #43
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
i want to know this. fred can you answer this?
I can not, I'm no economist or expert on currencies
Old 02-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #44
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc1honda View Post

And to the poster who said the great depression was caused by fear, you need to refresh your history a little. When the market collapsed in 1929 thousands of banks failed. There was no FDIC back then to insure people's savings. So when a bank failed it took your account with it. So that's why people rallied to banks. The problem was the financial structure it self. Not the general populous.
Thank god the fed took us away from the gold standard right?

None of this would be an issue if the dollar was worth what it was a hundred years ago and still tied to our monster gold reserves.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #45
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Simple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Allen Burge View Post
I can not, I'm no economist or expert on currencies
I'm not an economist either, but there is one huge underlying factor in all this. A natural disaster causes a stimulus in the economy. Lots of rebuilding, borrowing, expansion, etc. Believe it or not disasters and wars are great under certain circumstances. I'm sure there are other reasons why the YEN is so high but I tend to believe this is a huge factor. Another factor can be the fact that there is a high demand for Japanese goods, they are large exporter of electronics, cars, etc. So the price of those goods has gone up because there is a shortage, and i'm sure that will factor into the YEN's valuation.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #46
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
While the Yen and and Yuan have slowly crept up(using the value of gold as the base line) the US dollar has gone down down down.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #47
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
I'm not an economist either, but there is one huge underlying factor in all this. A natural disaster causes a stimulus in the economy. Lots of rebuilding, borrowing, expansion, etc. Believe it or not disasters and wars are great under certain circumstances.
what about when katrina came in? a lot of destroy properties and needs rebuilding. but still a lot of people are unemployed.
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #48
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

That's what happens when government intervenes too much and fucks it all up. There should be a huge boom in the south.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #49
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangan_cruiser View Post
what about when katrina came in? a lot of destroy properties and needs rebuilding. but still a lot of people are unemployed.
FEMA came in and tried to fix things first of all. Second it's not a national disaster really, it's a disaster in the state but other states were fine, and the place didn't really have a huge economic impact on the whole nation. Why do you think Europe came back so strong after WWII? It's because the place was destroyed, there were a lot of things that needed to be fixed. It really depends on the location and it's impact on world economies. If Congo got destroyed it would only go down the gutter further than it already is, if Germany got wiped out it would come back stronger than before.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #50
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Thank god the fed took us away from the gold standard right?

None of this would be an issue if the dollar was worth what it was a hundred years ago and still tied to our monster gold reserves.
I know you are being sarcastic but no. I hate the idea of the FED. Also i hate the idea of a commodity based currency.

The truth is (tin foil hot on tight) is the FED is a private organization that answers to it's investors more then to the American government.

Do I believe the FED wants to destroy society, no. But i do believe the the FED and other central banks do wanna rule the financial world. And they do get legislation passed that is sympathetic to their goals and no so much the Americans people goals, and that is inherently flawed.

Let our votes control our budget and currency though government minting. No some obscure organization that has no real interest in creating policy to help average Americans.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #51
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

What is wrong with a commodity based currency?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #52
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
What is wrong with a commodity based currency?
It's unstable. Much more unstable then Fiat. Gold can be hoarded and resources are finite. Also production can be slowed on purpose or due to outside circumstances like weather and natural disasters.

Fiat currency with the right policies can be very fluid, adaptive and stable. Now Fiat should be considered finite to a degree so as to avoid obvious inflation and deflation. But fiat will never fall victim to natural disasters or many of the other pitfalls of commodity based currencies.

It's the way we handle fiat that causes so many problems. Not the fiat itself. Bubbles aren't really caused by the currency itself but of the overvaluation of other goods, or services.

Debt is really the downfall of fiat. If debt was kept in check so would inflation/defaltion would also be kept in check. And since all of America's fiat is debt to begin with it's inherently flawed. Government minting would help solve this issue, assuming the officials in charge of minting have half a brain in there head.