Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey, Listen! My '95 S14 build

Part 1: April

April 3rd 2013
I Just graduated high school going in to my second semester of college. I managed to convince my parents into going halfzies with me on a smaller more “economic” car rather than a V8 1998 Dodge Dakota that I was daily driving to school and work.
During the spring break of 2012 I went to my first drift event with my cousin and a bunch of his friends at Gulf Greyhound Park or “GGP” as everyone locally calls it. I immediately fell in love with the sport. Seeing these low, aggressive and loud cars literally throw themselves sideways and slide around the track was the coolest shit I’ve ever seen and I knew I wanted to do the same. So fast forward a year, I had done a bunch of research on what cool drift cars look like, as well as what the best and most affordable chassis suitable for drifting were. I was convinced that 240’s were the coolest looking cars while having enormous aftermarket support and parts availability so I was dead set on a 240sx. At the time I was really trying to find a decent coupe but I wasn’t having any luck finding something local.
Then this 1995 S14 zenki shows up on my local craigslist.
-130,XXX or so miles on the chassis
-Ka24de
-KYB GR-2 springs and struts
-Spec D exhaust
-cold air intake
and of course I can’t forget the homie chromies!

Car was just up I-35 an hour away in Austin, TX. talked to the guy selling it and he gave me a few more details and set a date to meet.

Sealed the deal and was on my way back home.
That first cruise back home is still one of my favorite memories. Car didn’t have a radio which was a bummer but I was still too excited to care.

About a month into owning it my friend Kyle helped me do a few basic tune ups, spark plugs, fix wonky idle, fuel filter, and even let me borrow some spare 15’s he had lying around.

I went to my first “Nismo Fiesta” with all my friends which was super cool.

It sucks to know that my car is the only one out of all four 240sx in these pictures that still exist amongst my friends. Two were sold or parted out and the other two were in accidents.

A few weeks later I managed to find some cheap replica sideskirts locally and some cool looking 16” mesh wheels for a good deal.

Me and friends were planning a trip back up to GGP and I was wanting to do something different with my car and idk what came over me but I plastidipped the meshies. Didn’t come out terrible but being young, naïve, and a broke college kid with a part time job this was the best I could do at the moment!

Me and Jerry getting his car ready for GGP since him and a few others were going to be drifting that day.

I wish I could’ve driven in the event as well but I didn’t have any spare tires, this thing still had an open differential, the motor wasn’t in the best shape due to the previous owners and it was still AUTO! (more details about that soon)

So as summer was coming to an end a friend of mine mentioned to me he was planning on stripping his interior to weld in a cage and pretty much go full retard with his car. He had some clean carpet he was selling and I wanted it. Mine was gross and had tears along the rear where the passenger seats were.

Come to find out he also had a super clean uncracked dash. He told me he’d trade for my cracked dash plus some cash on top since he was just going to run a through dash type cage. He didn’t want to ruin a perfectly good uncracked dash.
So of course with my luck, my brake booster managed to take a shit and stopped working prior to me pulling the old dash out. But it worked out since its extremely easy to take the booster off without a dash board in the way.

Installed new carpet, new booster and my crown jewel of an uncracked S14 dashboard ( which to me have always been harder to find than s13 ones)

finally all back together ready to drive again!

Car held up great for a few months before one rainy afternoon as I was driving into work. I guess i didnt realize how shitty my tires were but i started sliding right into a curb.

so instead of replacing it with some used OEM LCA and Toe rods I figured it was time to buy adjustable arms

i went with Megan Racing adjustable arms.
soon as they came in slapped on the new arms and got an alignment.

Since one of my mesh wheels got pretty bent up, i needed to fix it or replace it. But at the time my good friend was selling his Impul R5’s for super cheap. They had some terrible sizing and offsets but thats why they make spacers right?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

found out 95 accord front lips kinda fit so I bought one from my local pick n pull for like $15 and zipped it onto the front bumper. While of course I wanted an SE Lip I couldn’t afford a new one and I was never able to find one locally for less than $100 which to me wasn’t worth paying for at the moment.

My s14 was starting to look kinda cool. But I wasn’t totally satisfied.

Started saving over the next couple of months and finally I had enough to buy my first set of coilovers. I went with PBM due to the fact that they are completely rebuildable, came with decent spring rates, were affordable and my friend had been running them on his car for months and he loved them so I figured why not.

also bought some Tein Inners a while back since one of my oem ones had a slight bend in it.

Its now the 21st of November 2013,
Literally the day they showed up at my house I called my buddy Kyle and he helped me install them.

This shit was soo low but I loved it. Idk why I let my friend convince me to see how low they went, but I was so happy to finally have coil overs that it didn’t bother me regardless of how much my exhaust was scraping on the road.

Picked up some RUCAs to help with the natural camber that was added after slamming the car.

got used to driving around with such a low car over the next few days because a week after I was going to drive back up to Houston with some of friends to go check out Wekfest TX.

saw some cool cars, ate some good food, and had a bunch of laughs with my friends.

well the weekend was over and it was time to head back. Then around 11:00pm still about an hour away from home, my water temp starting rising, which was odd at first because the whole way home prior to, the needle was sitting below where it usually would mark. So I just assumed it would slowly climb back down since it was about 35 degrees outside, but I was wrong. A few miles further down the road and I started to see smoke coming from the hood. Killed the motor and started to pull off to the shoulder on the highway. My friends immediately pulled up behind me and started to help me figure out what was going on. Sure enough my water pump pretty much seized up and was useless
Thinking back on it, I don’t remember why we thought we could fix it on the side of the highway in the middle of the night in freezing weather. But I called a tow truck, which took like 3.5 hours to show up -________- but my friends stuck around with me and we waited til about 5 in the morning to get this thing loaded up and on the way back home.

ordered a new water pump and got this thing back on the road.

Drove the car as much as i could, whether it was to local car meets or just cruising with friends.

test fitted my cousins 15's

I could barely even drive down the street without scraping subframe...

quickly realized it was a bad idea and took them off.

Soo earlier I mentioned this car was still automatic, well over for the past few months I was slowly gathering parts to do a five speed swap.
Managed to get a drive shaft, transmission cross member, clutch pedal and lines off of my friend parting out his s14, found a KA Transmission for under $100 and a slightly used clutch and pressure plate for a good price as well.

I had done the research online, found countless threads and I was finally ready to do a 5 speed conversion on this car.

Luckily my cousin was kind enough to help me and let me do the swap in his drive way.
Drove over to his house with literally every part for the swap in the trunk of the 240… yes I had a spare transmission in the trunk…

Got the car up on jack stands and started to get to work.
Started to follow the steps according to the “how to” threads and everything was going smoothly until I got to the pilot bearing. It just wouldn’t come out. So I said whatever and kept it in there.

Wish I would’ve take more pictures this night.
But I was way too busy trying to make sure I was doing everything correctly.

the weekend was quickly ending and I was running out of time.

I managed to only get as far as pulling the old transmission off, cutting the hole for the clutch master cylinder and installing the clutch plate, pressure plate, and flywheel. I would have to come back next weekend to finish.

As the weekend came along I immediately drove over to Jerrys house as soon as I got off work on Friday and tried to get this swap done before the weekend ended.

With the help of my cousin, uncle, a few friends, and a bunch of beer. We managed to get everything back together. Added some new fluids, made sure all the wires were connected and lowered it off the jack stands.

Tried to turn it on but nothing was happening when I turned the key.

Turns out I simply overlooked the starter wires and forgot to bolt it down correctly.

Tried it again and it turned over first try.

I was in shock. I couldn’t believe it was working. I didn’t know what to feel in that moment. I was nervous and happy all at the same time. It was such a cool feeling knowing that I managed to get it running with the couple of tools and basic mechanical knowledge that I had back then.

Well here is a good time to mention I never really drove a standard vehicle before.

I mean… I knew how it all worked and understood the concept of shifting gears but I never had a car to practice on… until now.
So since that was the case I let my cousin drive it around first to make sure everything was in working order. We climbed in and took it around the block.
The transmission was shifting smoothly and the clutch was engaging properly. So now it was my turn. Got in and started her up. It was a little shaky at first but within a few minutes I managed to get the hang of it. Drove it around the streets for about 30 minutes with my cousin and then came back.

This is where it gets shitty.

I was finally ready to leave back home in what felt to me for just a moment, a new car, as I get on the highway im shifting up through the gears and as I was going to put it into fifth gear, I guess I miss the gate and throw it back into third. The motor only revved up to about 6300 rpms but I guess that was enough for catastrophic damage.

The motor blew out a loud bang and I could hear metal shards jumping around the engine bay. I drove it down the road another ¼ mile before eventually a cloud of smoke started emerging from the hood of the car. I pulled over and turned the car off and got out to a trail of oil leading back to where the bang first happened. i just remember looking at the poor KA and thinking “Well, it was fun while it lasted.”
my dad was just up the road in front of me so I called him and had him tow me all the way home.

PART 2: A New Heart

Well, I blew up my fucking motor…

It was time for an SR!

The KA had developed a knock shortly after I bought it but it ran longer than I ever expected it to, that's why I didn't really mind doing a 5-speed conversion on it, i figured it would've lasted a little bit longer, but oh well...

I started to consider an RB25 but after doing some calculations I realized it was much more cost effective to do an SR20. I wanted the car back on the road as soon as possible.
So I started looking around the interwebz for an S14 SR20DET. I got a few leads on ebay and a few others with some local engine importers. Just shy of two months of looking I finally found a shop in town, that imports motors and had an SR that fit all of my requirements.

Met up with the shop owner, he was kind enough to do a compression test for me as well just so I can have that peace of mind.
While they went to lunch I pulled out cash from the bank and brought home April’s new heart.

so due to previous water pump failure with the KA, I didn’t want to have to go through that same process of towing it home so first thing I did while the motor was out was install a new water pump.

Job was simple enough.
so I was too excited to get this car running again I didn’t really bother with changing out any other components on the motor so I just ordered the rest of the parts to complete a swap.

I bought the standard stuff for the swap
-3in turbo elbow
-front mount intercooler and piping
-Wiring specialties harness
-Redline MT-90 trans fluid
-3in down pipe, went with “ISR formerly Isis” since my buddy said it pretty much sits above frame rails which was convincing enough for me

cleaned up the bay a bit, found a bunch of metal chunks from the KA, scraped out a bunch of old grime and gunk that had accumulated over the years.

Last edited by HGs14; 02-04-2018 at 11:31 PM..
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #2
HGs14
Leaky Injector

240 Friends came over to help me work on the car.

I couldn't wait to go cruising around with everyone again.

The day finally came where I could drop the motor in and start bolting everything on

SR swap... you've seen it a thousand times blah blah

finally starting to look like a car again!

So this parts pretty funny actually when I look back on it.

Everything was finally wired up, I had all the piping and vacuum lines installed
But when I go to turn it on, it wouldn’t rev past 3k
The car was basically in limp mode and it wouldn’t run properly.
I tried so many things,
Unplugging the maf, unplugging the ecu, double checked all of my grounds and wires.

Nothing worked.
I even went as far as buying another MAF sensor.

Then one day my friend Eric came over and I asked to see how his MAF was wired up, and sure enough It hit me… I had the maf set up backwards. Basically the air was flowing in reverse through the sensor causing the computer to not meter the air properly. I had a good laugh about it with my friend and proceeded to fix the maf and install it in its proper direction.

the car felt great! I was so excited to finally drive it again.

It took from February to the end of May to get all the parts in and the car running again.
At this point I was soo stoked, I did my first motor swap at the age of 20. I was somewhat on a budget but everything worked and I was grateful.

A month goes by and I pick up some kouki skirts

A buddy of mine was looking to get rid of his bride reps for some s14 seats plus cash so I took advantage of that and came home with some new seats!

Tried to enjoy the car as much as possible, worked out a few small kinks such as blowing off couplers and weird idle issues.

Went to Mineral Wells with my cousin and my friend to hang out and watch some drifting!

Met Yokoi-san which was very rad!

as the end of summer approached I did a few more things to the car like installed some SS Turbo lines.

The engine Importer had originally told me it came with an s15 turbo so when i ordered the lines, I requested it come with an S15 oil restrictor, I soon came to find out it was just a stock s14 T28 so i had to order the correct size oil restrictor.

It was finally time to get some new wheels. My birthday was coming up and wanted to get myself something cool for the car. I was still wanting some 15’s or 16’s but after scouring all over the internet, I managed to find some Carving Head 40’s in awesome sizes and since they’re 9 hole, they would fit my car now and in the future whenever I would decide to do a 5 lug swap.

17x9JJ-5 fronts and 17x9JJ-15 rears

got some 205/40 tires from my local discount tire then took them to the local shop to have them mounted.

fronts fit great but would still rub a bit but the rears in order to fit the wheels I had to pull the rear qp a shit load. But before I could get my hands on a fender roller I settled with raising the rear a tad to keep rubbing to a minimum.

So fast forward a few months, drove the car up to Austin to hang out with my friend on Halloween. I managed to get my hands on a roller and I went to work on pulling the front fenders and rear QP to fit the carving heads the way I wanted.

Around Christmas time the Power steering rack decided to blow up on me. So I parked the car and drove my parents old truck they had while I found a new steering rack.

The time came that I realized, 240s aren’t that reliable.
Well I realized that a long time ago, but it was time to get a real daily.

I knew I wanted a 4 door rear, standard transmission, rear wheel drive car under 10K. since I work at a financial institution I didn’t really worry too much about financing since they always are willing to help and get me a good rate.
I was stuck between a G35 and a lexus IS300
But the 07-08 model G35’s were still a bit too pricey and I had found a unicorn of an IS300 I couldn’t pass up.
Drove up to Houston with my dad the third week of January 2015 and bought my first grown up car.

-2003 Lexus IS300
-all black leather interior
-vlsd
-5 speed manual trans
-102,XXXmiles on the odo
-under 10k

I was super happy with my new car I didn’t even bother trying to fix the 240 for months

(240 still broken but lookin good^^^)

My Cousin got his IS300 a couple of days before me, which was cool.

Replaced the steering rack and installed new moog outer tie rods and got the car on the road again!

So I was finally trying to get a new kit, I was tired of the oem front bumper with the shitty accord lip.

Navan aero was always amongst my favorite styles and I found one online for a decent price.
Sure I could’ve gone brand new and bought a rep bumper but I love having the authenticity and quality of real oem Nissan aero.
For the longest time I opted for quick alternatives because I couldn't afford all of the most expensive name brand parts.
but I do believe I spend my money on the parts that matter.

I quickly learned how true and accurate oem aero pieces fit as opposed to replica parts.

Threw it on the same day it arrived.

Didnt have the kouki skirts on so i quickly put on my other set of sides too.

while I was buying aero, I had been meaning to get rid of the accord rear valance thing and get legit navan spats.

I came across a pair for a decent price and had them shipped out to me.

Ended up borrowing some Aero Marker mirrors my cousin had sitting in his garage and decided to throw my kouki skirts back on for a change.

met up with Taeisbeast! can't wait to see his car back on the road!

I was tired of having this giant fart can slapping around all over the road and constantly breaking the welds on the exhaust hangers so I opted for a quick fix and cut the can off and got a sharp looking fence pipe welded on the end instead.
Sounded pretty rad too!

went to a local car show/meet benefiting some cause for kids I think… did some limbo thing. Turned out the only car lower than mine was a miata literally slammed to the ground…

Last edited by HGs14; 02-05-2018 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pleasantly surprised by this.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Sooo while I was changing out my exhaust I came to see there was a crack that had developed on my rear subframe. So instead of just having it welded, I decided to completely replace it and do rear energy suspension polyurethane bushings while the subframe was out.

This was a much more troubling task than I ever thought it would be.

I soon came to find out that s13 and s14 rear subframes have different steps to follow and they also vary depending on what type of bushings you’re installing. I began to follow instructions online according to someone installing solid bushings on an S14, I looked for more threads but that was the most detailed one I could find.

I ended up cutting out one of the outer rings on the rear side of the subframe that I shouldn’t have.
Didn’t even realize what I had done and proceeded to install the subframe bushings as well as the arms and differential.
A couple of friends came over and we began to install the subframe back on to the car only to find out that once the 4 bolts were torqued down and I dropped the jack off the differential the entire subframe started to droop. I was seriously annoyed with the whole thing I didn’t even want to look at the saggy subframe anymore so I put it back on the ground and called it a night.

It took me about two weeks to find another rear s14 subframe in good condition locally. The worst part about it all was that I paid $40 for the first subframe and $100 for the second one. -___-

So the second time around, I cut out the the old bushing correctly and was able to do it a lot faster with the help of my friends pneumatic tools. Seriously so much easier to do with air hammers than with a sawzall, a flat head and a rubber mallet.

In the middle of all this subframe commotion I went to dallas with some friends to hang out and watch them drive their cars at mineral wells.
My friend dug up some cool GT style mirrors in his garage that he gave me for free, since he didn’t own an s14 anymore!

Got the Subframe installed and threw on my new mirrors.
what an amazing feeling it was to be driving the car again after 2+ months

Finally had some time to install the Circuit Sports Zenki headlight clear covers.

what an amazing and simple modification.

I had sold the kouki skirts a while ago and had been wanting to find some navan sides so I could go full navan.

Looked all over to try and find some oem skirts here in the states for a reasonable price. But I found some on YAJ for a solid price that I couldn’t pass up.
I hit up everyone’s favorite parts importer Mr. Streeter and he helped me get squared away!

Navan Sides skirts showed up

Also bought a Bride Type LF seat rail. (Best seat rail in my opinion)

This was one of my favorite stages of the car, so much time and money and hard work and it finally looked like a proper street car.

me and some friends had been planning a trip to Houston in december to go check out HIN... which quickly switched to Japanese Nostalgic Car Meet, (which was a better idea to begin with)

drove all through the night with these idiots

[IMG]https://78.media.tumblr.com/3d45a35f4b9f54d0a1c9dea870551616/tumblr_p3etd7Sqpg1wlzl8fo5_1280.jpg/IMG]

MANDATORY Buc-ees stop.

Got some Pho once we were back in San Antonio.

it was an excellent trip to end the year on a good note.

Last edited by HGs14; 03-25-2018 at 11:35 PM..
Old 02-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #5
HGs14
Leaky Injector

PART 3: Get In The Fucking Robot

2015 had just ended and I had a lot of plans for myself and the 240 in 2016

I transferred schools from my community college to Texas A&M San Antonio to finally finish my degree.

So just like I had mentioned in the beginning my intentions with this car were to get it on a track and learn to drift.

while i was installing the new subframe with new bushings, I also had an s13 welded differential laying around so I simply swapped over my back plate and installed it on my car with fresh new fluids.

Over the Christmas break I found some Ganadors on Ebay cheaper than I've ever seen so of course i bought them.

also i finally wanted to get my steering wheel situation updated so I found a really clean Nardi Classic 330 on yahoo auctions.

it even has an FET stamp which is worth mentioning as well i think.

So on my way to work one morning in January, i guess my tire pressure dropped over night and since I had to go in to work at 6 i didnt really have any time to check or stop and get air.

i felt the car drive differently and i did notice it was scraping in unusual areas of the road on my regular commute to work.

i prayed the car would make it to work at least and i could add air afterwards because i couldnt be late. but luck was not on my side that morning.

tired debeaded and pretty much everything went to shit.

luckily the wheel was still salvageable
If anyone needs any kind of wheel repair in the San Antonio area hit up Wheel Love,
Jud will take care of you.

had the wheel machined and took less than a week to get it back to me.

mean while, my friend who was at the time living in Okinawa went up to UP Garage for me and ordered me a pair of AVS Model 6 wheels i found so i could use them as spares.

the car got its first alignment in approximately 2 years.

I had a legit D-Max trunk spoiler chillin in my room for over a year, my intentions were to paint the car and install the trunk spoiler but I was tired of it sitting so i just sprayed it black and threw it on with double sided tape.

The day had come, the car was finally ready for a drift event, or at least i thought.

scrambled around for almost an hour trying to figure something out for a battery tie down so i could pass tech.
finally got that sorted out and did my first couple of runs.

Still one of my most favorite pictures.

overall it was a successful day and i learned a lot in just those few hours of driving i got in.

on the bad side, i mangled my wiring harness quite a bit. and my 75A fuse blew up.

i fixed up the harness and tucked it up even higher than i previously had it.

Not fun^^^

My buddy Tyler Greene rode along with me a couple laps and gave me some pointers

After my first two drift events I knew I caught the drift bug so of course I wanted to drive better and have the car perform properly

I wanted to get some properly sized spares and take out as much rear camber as possible.

My cousin was wanting to sell his full set of chrome R33’s and I always wanted to have a set so I worked out a deal with him and decided to go 5 lug!

My friends Tyler and Pooter came over and helped me do the hub swap for the rear.

Got some tires mounted on the R33's and took out almost 5 degrees of camber in the rear.

drove to Nismo Fiesta and took some pictures next to this weird car.

US As Fuck!!

I've always loved the style behind simple one word car/team names and front windshield logos.

some examples:

FOOL

"EnJoy"

Moccomans

LOOKING

You get the idea...

So i came up with this.

Last edited by HGs14; 04-24-2018 at 12:23 AM..
Old 02-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cool build. Enjoyed the read. Have any spare Listen! decals?

The entire time I was hoping you would swap out those front wheels, lol.

Put the 6's up front, and the R33's in the rear, or vice versa.
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:49 PM   #7
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Nice build! Motivating my build tax season is here!
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Dude! Youre the owner of this car!? I love the style of the wheels with the zenki. Cholo as fk
Old 02-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #9
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sx_sr20det View Post
Cool build. Enjoyed the read. Have any spare Listen! decals?

The entire time I was hoping you would swap out those front wheels, lol.

Put the 6's up front, and the R33's in the rear, or vice versa.
Thank you, and no its more of like a 1 of 1 thing for just my car,
but i do have a box logo design i need to make more of to give out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo's Silvia View Post
Nice build! Motivating my build tax season is here!
Thanks dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Dude! Youre the owner of this car!? I love the style of the wheels with the zenki. Cholo as fk
Yessir, and thanks man!
Old 02-24-2017, 12:40 AM   #10
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Passenger side rear brake caliper decided to take a shit while I was driving home.

this thing was a huge pain in the ass, slider pins were seized and managed to take a mini torch my friend Tyler had and heated it up until the pins broke loose.

Drove my first event since going 5 lug and taking out 5 degrees of camber in the rear.

my friend Eric had this test pipe that he wasn’t using yet so I bought it off of him and made him order a new one lol

Gaskets were soo fucked.

I love YAJ

Thanks again Streeter!

I had been needing some gauges for the longest time but I never had the money or couldn’t find cool ones and I didn’t really want to go the auto meter route either. But then IcedSole himself said he was trying to sell his Defis and the price was worth it, so I picked these up, as well as this cool door gauge pod holder.

Me and my friends did a lot of bike riding that summer,

Had a lot of summer hangs, summer cruises are always the best!

But friendly reminder,

with every good day, there also comes some super shitty ones...

damage wasn't as bad as it looked.

it pushed the rad support in a tad, but i was able to tie a ratchet strap to the back of my friends tahoe and I pulled it back into place.

took the broken housing, and my old cornbread lens and taped them together in the mean time while I was on the look for new headlights!

Used vertex 10 star came up for sale for cheap.
I love my Nardi, but ive always been a fan of the deep concave steering wheels, because of how far back they reach, especially when drifting.

I got some money from my insurance co, from the accident and since i fixed it myself I decided to spend some of it on new parts for the car!

I had been contemplating on which exhaust manifold to go with for months now but of all the options I had I decided to go with the Tomei Expreme.

Parts were starting to pile up!

Dazed was parting out his car, it sucked cuz I had been a huge fan of his style for years but when he said he was convinced on parting it out, I knew I had to have a part off that car.
I always wanted that MoreCollage spoiler since first seeing pictures of it online.
I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to buy it.
Brad is a real cool dude; can’t wait to see what he’s going to build next!

Sanded it down and painted it black in the mean time.

Dropped in the new manifold

I bought some megan motor mounts off of my friend Eric, about a year ago but i never had the chance or time to install them until now.

Also put in a P2M upper rad hose with the port for water temp sensors.

my buddy tyler came over and helped me wire up the Defi water temp gauge and change out the old transmission fluid for some fresh redline mt 90

So in the mean time there was a dude selling some Try-Force Zeldas in the coolest sizes ive ever seen. Ive always loved these wheels and i finally had the chance to get my hands on a set.

somehow only 3 show up at first, while the 4th ended up getting lost through a distribution center -____-
a week goes by and it never shows up, so i file a claim with UPS and it takes them another 2 weeks to locate the wheel and get it to my house.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #11
MaxfromVA

MaxfromVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice Zenki man, wish I could find one that is as clean as yours.
MaxfromVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:52 PM   #12
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
At least you got that 4th wheel! I don't usually like cars like yours, but I REALLY like yours. Subscribed.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:16 PM   #13
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
i like your wheel selection.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #14
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This thread started off ruff but now is great!
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 PM   #15
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxfromVA View Post
Nice Zenki man, wish I could find one that is as clean as yours.
thanks man, they're getting harder to find now a days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
At least you got that 4th wheel! I don't usually like cars like yours, but I REALLY like yours. Subscribed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
i like your wheel selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
This thread started off ruff but now is great!
It was definitely a relief once it showed up.
and thanks dudes!
Old 02-27-2017, 12:47 AM   #16
HGs14
Leaky Injector

all four wheels finally showed up, did a quick test fit while i figured out my tire situation.

I hate the fact that finding 225/40/17 tires is literally impossible, so i opted for some 235/40/17 after realizing that 215/40/17 are just too small for a 17x10

Ended up taking a weekend trip down to Marfa, TX and Big Bend with my gf and some friends!

came back and drove a local drift day

got the MoreCollage wing mounted on finally,

Old 02-27-2017, 01:38 AM   #17
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Keep going
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:44 AM   #18
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
If you ever decide to let go of the morecollage, hmu first! haha
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 10:46 AM   #19
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
If there is one thing to take away from this it is:

Quote:
The time came that I realized, 240s aren’t that reliable.
Well I realized that a long time ago, but it was time to get a real daily.
LOL.

Liking the progress....
Old 02-28-2017, 08:44 PM   #20
HGs14
Leaky Injector

drove a couple more events,
car ran great every time without skipping a beat.

sure i had a bunch of little issues to sort out in between events but that's all apart of driving.
drifted a night event which was soo much fun.

drove the car as much as I could in between fixing things like boost leaks and what not.

Drove up to Fort Worth with my girlfriend to check out the modern art museum to see KAWS exhibit, "Where the End Starts".

These sculptures are unbelievable, it was so cool to actually be able to see them in person.

couple days later while browsing YAJ i found my holy grail of steering wheels for sale.

And also came across something I never thought I'd see on YAJ.
but ill talk about that more later...

I put up the R33's for sale since I had the Zeldas and the Carving Heads.
I also wanted to pull the rear quarter panels a bit more to be able to fit the carving heads in the rear with minimal camber. So i borrowed my friends fender roller and my heat gun and started working the QPs.

ended up pulling them where i wanted to without buckling up the rear QP and to be able to fit the carving heads.

I was pretty happy with how it came out now.

In the process of pulling the fenders I installed a gktech rack spacer.

didnt make a night and day difference but it was definitely enough to be able to notice some better angle.

went drifting in the last event of the year for 2016.

had a bunch of fun even though it was freezing cold.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:53 PM   #21
HGs14
Leaky Injector

My new steering wheel showed up.

I was sad to let go of my Vertex but I couldnt wait to put on my new Key!s wheel.

While browsing YAJ i came across a full set of Stich Gulf I couldnt pass up on.

So during the december event i ended up running into a barrier and messed up the front bumper a bit

I was planning to fix it and paint the entire car but I decided to go a different route...

A bit of inspiration, these have always been among some of my favorite cars...

I seriously couldn't believe I found this kit for sale,

I hit up ATK-Garage (ATK Jordan) who was able to help me get the kit on a container and shipped over to me.
Seriously super legit services! I cant thank him enough for helping me get the kit overseas.

The SR20 has had an awesome year of drifting as well as 3 years of driving all across Texas.
Its been a long time coming but it was time to pull the motor and freshen everything back up.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:36 AM   #22
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
love the style of this car in every stage

cant wait to see the 326 kit on
Old 03-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #23
ebeale

Trader Rating: (2)
ebeale is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love every bit of this

It's like memory lane
ebeale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:49 PM   #24
scweet14
Zilvia Junkie

scweet14 is an unknown quantity at this point
literally love every single piece of this build so far. please for gods sake dont stop
scweet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:59 PM   #25
Malik
Nissanaholic!

new aero kit is a nice selection.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #26
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
love the style of this car in every stage

cant wait to see the 326 kit on

Quote:
Originally Posted by scweet14 View Post
literally love every single piece of this build so far. please for gods sake dont stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
new aero kit is a nice selection.
Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeale View Post
I love every bit of this

It's like memory lane
dude I know, I cant wait to cruise again soon buddy!
Old 03-03-2017, 01:29 AM   #27
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Part 4: April's Reprisal

It was time to give the SR a refresh. Its been an amazing motor to me for the past 3 years but the front and rear main seals were starting to go, the front cover was leaking, the upper oil pan had 2 partially stripped bolts that were slightly leaking.

The motor was just leaving oil on the ground every time i moved it.

So with the motor coming out and getting new seals and gaskets I decided It would also be nice to be able to turn up the boost and make more power.

I wanted to make more power but I didn't really want to break the whole motor down and spend the money on an entire engine rebuild.

My friend Dustin offered helping me pull the motor and keeping the car in his garage while the motor was getting refreshed.

I had previously drained the oil so it wouldn't leak all over my drive way, so when the day came to start pulling the motor, I added oil back in the motor and drove the car over to my friend Dustin's house.

Got the motor pulled out and off to R&N Garage here in San Antonio where my motor was going to get rebuilt by my buddy Justin.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:15 AM   #28
HGs14
Leaky Injector

started to clean the motor off.

It was good to see 20 years of grime and dirt being knocked off.

Cool parts started to show up.

I decided I wanted to get this car back on the road with a bit more power without going overboard, dumping money into it.

Here's a parts list for the new setup.
-A'PEXi Metal Head Gasket
-Tomei 256 PonCam
-ARP Head Studs
-S15 Spec R Dual BB turbo

Also finally had the chance to put on the oil filter relocation kit i've had laying around for months.

Motor got completely torn down and resealed.

the motor cleaned up pretty well.

The head came back from the machine shop.
Definitely surprised how fast the turn around time from the machine shop was. literally it took less than 2 days.

motor started to get put back together

Also picked up an OEM S14 SR20DET gasket set from Nissan.

glad i got the cams replaced

cleaned off the intake ports

Got the cams installed,

Old 03-08-2017, 02:13 PM   #29
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good stuff, definitely subscribing. Please tell me you are buying some Schwerts to go with the 326 kit.
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:50 AM   #30
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubkidd View Post
Good stuff, definitely subscribing. Please tell me you are buying some Schwerts to go with the 326 kit.
As much as I like Schwerts, I definitely think that belongs more on a a DLUX kit.