Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:43 PM   #11611
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Dude is annoying as fuck, but probably the most in-depth video out right now.
That is an understatement...
Old 01-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #11612
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
haha that dude is creepy as hell trying to talk with his rictus grin
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:26 PM   #11613
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Now that is fugly. I wonder how long before someone swaps a 2j into it just cuz.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:54 PM   #11614
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Now that is fugly. I wonder how long before someone swaps a 2j into it just cuz.
There was a video I saw with a shop that had an engine in a stand ready to go.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:51 PM   #11615
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

197hp you are going to need something to move that boat
Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 PM   #11616
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
dude. I read all of it.

CHP Its a instant ticket fine. Under the officer discretion. read the BAR. Doesn't not hand out CoC. You can't get out of it unless you have a BAR CoC approved aftermarket exhaust system to begin with. You probably have to take your time to fight it on court even if you had a CoC exhaust.

This was implemented to stop takeovers and sideshows? Which is horseshit. How can you approve or act like it's nothing. this law is oppressive to the car/bike enthusiast community.

I have a bike with a exhaust. Which comes handy when splitting Lane's. So yeah it's a bit concerning. Theres very little info on bar on motorcycles.

Who the hell read news in Facebook?
cvc 27150.7 - A court may dismiss any action in which a person is prosecuted for operating a vehicle in violation of Section 27150 or 27151 if a certificate of compliance has been issued by a station pursuant to Section 27150.2 , or if the defendant had reasonable grounds to believe that the exhaust system was in good working order and had reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in violation of Section 27150 or 27151

Which if you read the all the rules like you claimed means if you take your exhaust to a ref get it tested and get a 95b certificate of compliance you are all good.

It also does not mean you get an automatic 1k it means once its written you go to court to pay a fine. If you go to the court with certificate of compliancd in hand you can get the shit dismissed.

Now I am not happy I have to prove if but most current aftermarket exhausts sold here already fall into the 95b compliance range.
If your exhuast does not its ear drum damaging loud.

Again its overbearing but its not as bad or draconian as people are claiming amd freaking out about it like you are.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:02 PM   #11617
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Old 01-15-2019, 12:04 AM   #11618
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
cvc 27150.7 - A court may dismiss any action in which a person is prosecuted for operating a vehicle in violation of Section 27150 or 27151 if a certificate of compliance has been issued by a station pursuant to Section 27150.2 , or if the defendant had reasonable grounds to believe that the exhaust system was in good working order and had reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in violation of Section 27150 or 27151

Which if you read the all the rules like you claimed means if you take your exhaust to a ref get it tested and get a 95b certificate of compliance you are all good.

It also does not mean you get an automatic 1k it means once its written you go to court to pay a fine. If you go to the court with certificate of compliancd in hand you can get the shit dismissed.

Now I am not happy I have to prove if but most current aftermarket exhausts sold here already fall into the 95b compliance range.
If your exhuast does not its ear drum damaging loud.

Again its overbearing but its not as bad or draconian as people are claiming amd freaking out about it like you are.
takes your time and make you jump all thru those hoops.

Quote:
Consumers in receipt of a violation still have the option of seeking a certificate of compliance from the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) demonstrating that their exhaust emits no more than 95-decibels. This SEMA-sponsored program allows courts to dismiss citations for exhaust systems that have been tested and for which a certificate of compliance has been issued. BAR does not currently issue preemptive certificates of compliance.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:00 PM   #11619
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
supra starts $50,900ish.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-toyota...oes-1831719119
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #11620
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-16-2019, 03:45 PM   #11621
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
It’s like that chick with the fat ass then she turns around and
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 PM   #11622
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Looks like a God damn Z4.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #11623
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
It is a z4
Old 01-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #11624
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v_FA0cjwuo

all that work. turns out to be a z4
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #11625
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
It is a z4
Its what I have been saying all along lol.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #11626
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
It is a z4
Duh

Old 01-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #11627
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I did see a good article headline that read "Since When is BMW Engineering Bad?". Valid point indeed, but I'd argue that since the brand no longer cared about being the Ultimate Driving Machine. Especially recently since they made it clear they are moving away from manual transmissions. I still don't care about these super fast shifting autos being quicker cars. I want to be connected to the cars drivetrain. Its so natural to shift a manual transmission. I have tried and tried to use the fantastic feeling paddle shifter in my XC40 but upshifting and downshifting just isn't instinctive for me.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:53 AM   #11628
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I saw a post somewhere yesterday that a Toyota exec. stated a manual option is supposed to come out later on after launch, most likely in a revised model (chuki/kouki etc.) a couple years later.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:59 AM   #11629
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I saw a post somewhere yesterday that a Toyota exec. stated a manual option is supposed to come out later on after launch, most likely in a revised model (chuki/kouki etc.) a couple years later.
Great way to drive away potential customers who will decide to wait.

You know, hold out to buy that BRZ, turbo is may come out next year....

Old 01-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #11630
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Once some sorts out that stupid pointy nose with an aftermarket bumper, it's going to look worlds better.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:45 AM   #11631
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:

Once some sorts out that stupid pointy nose with an aftermarket bumper, it's going to look worlds better.
MKIII Supra - 1986
E31 8-series - 1990

Old 01-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #11632
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/10-year-challenge/

This is just plain funny. Every car on the list (and on the market for that matter) has had multiple major changes, most of the better...except the 370z. Lol.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #11633
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

I dig this.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #11634
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
I like the new Supra..... I also liked the z4m coupe.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:25 PM   #11635
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Randomly went on another idX YouTube video kick.

My heart genuinely hurts right now. I never truly got over it. All these years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #11636
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Randomly went on another idX YouTube video kick.

My heart genuinely hurts right now. I never truly got over it. All these years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, theres certain topics we no longer discuss because reasons.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #11637
Corbic
Post Whore!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:30 AM   #11638
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

That front bumper fix alone looks WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 AM   #11639
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:

That's pretty good, but if you saw the cars side by side, stock to stock (the BMW is lowered), it would be a different story, the sheer bulk of the BMW makes it look very different.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #11640
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I did see a good article headline that read "Since When is BMW Engineering Bad?". Valid point indeed, but I'd argue that since the brand no longer cared about being the Ultimate Driving Machine. Especially recently since they made it clear they are moving away from manual transmissions. I still don't care about these super fast shifting autos being quicker cars. I want to be connected to the cars drivetrain. Its so natural to shift a manual transmission. I have tried and tried to use the fantastic feeling paddle shifter in my XC40 but upshifting and downshifting just isn't instinctive for me.
BMW engineering isn't bad, their quality control is bad (which is partly the engineering). Their cars are complicated and have poor longevity and service needs. Not really in line with Toyota's brand image. BMWs are fantastic cars for the first 60k miles (notwithstanding your point about the transmissions and straying from the ultimate driving machine, which is quite true).