Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-30-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
gudmundur

Trader Rating: (0)
gudmundur is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14.5 conversion fenders - available today

Hi

The front fenders of an S14.5 project I just bought dont fit, so trying to find some that do.

Some fender options that were available are not being made any more.
Only ones I know about are Origin lab , Masa and hacking OEM s14 and s15 together.

Just wanted to check if anyone knew of any good options that are available today ?

regards
Gudmundur
gudmundur is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2015, 12:51 AM   #2
Mongomery1234
Leaky Injector

Mongomery1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
check enjuku I thought I remember them selling a conversion kit.
Mongomery1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:59 AM   #3
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Masa motorsports M-tune s14.5 fenders....

turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #4
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh shit, that car can hover...

it looks like a fucking space ship with those fake mercedes vents, just terrible
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #5
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Those vents are facing the wrong way! I can only imagine the type of spray pattern when driving in the rain...no point for fenders at that point
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I have the origin ones and they fit perfectly. I have an older version of theirs though. Fiberglass is generally a hit or miss, but I'm sure with minor modifications you would be alright too. I know there are some complaints from every company but I got lucky with mine.

I thought Masa was made to order.

There was a member called Shalley826 or something like that and he had Vertex or version select S15 fenders on his S13.5. I cannot confirm nor deny this though as I never saw installed pictures.

Avoid the duraflex ones from extreme dimensions unless you get pics from them of a test fit with the exact fenders you get (this was the reason I bought origin ones)
Avoid Chaser Aero in general. They sell the B Magic or B road branded ones

Best option is to weld S15 and S14 but that is costly. If you buy fiberglass be prepared to fix it yourself or pay someone else to
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #7
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
oh shit, that car can hover...

it looks like a fucking space ship with those fake mercedes vents, just terrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Those vents are facing the wrong way! I can only imagine the type of spray pattern when driving in the rain...no point for fenders at that point
these fenders you can custom where u vents are made so it can be made to be functional or a certain look u are looking for

turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Every time I see vents on fenders it is an indication of a product whose manufacturer took 0 seconds to design and develop a part, which signals to me "stay the hell away". Vents are dumb and pointless especially in that location as most vents are located. For what they are claimed to be for, removal of brake heat, you would see much better performance if they were facing the other way. Also vents are installed on oversized fenders because the company does not want to take the time to properly mold and shape a body part so they say "F$&@ it, put a vent, good enough".
It's hard to make quality parts, I get it, but since goofballs are going to pay ridiculous amounts of money for shitty parts, looks like vents are here to stay.

Wouldn't it be cool if you had the option of putting a hole in your body panel instead of it already having one from manufacturer? One can only dream
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #9
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I dont know man, I think it would take longer to design vents.
Think about the guy making the initial panel.

I just think having too many vents on a fender is ugly.
The masa fenders posted by turboshoebox look like they are trying to replicate the R35 front fenders. I personally would like either one of the right half on the 2x2 pic he posted.

You also gotta think about the people who buy fiberglass fenders. Not everyone is doing an S15 conversion. Those that actually buy them for weight savings (imo) would want to show off the fact that "hey I bought aftermarket performance aero pieces". A lot of people think they look cool. It's not always just about functionality. The same idea with bumpers and body kits. Why bother designing an aftermarket fiberglass bumper if its gonna look the same as an oem one and the only difference is that it has bigger openings for the heat exchangers like the intercooler, radiator, oil cooler etc?

I'm going to go ahead and assume most people who buy body kits want to show off versus those who buy it for those 10-20 lb weight savings.

I would have definitely bought mine without the vent but it is not extremely hard to close them up properly.
Our very own broadfield does it here

https://broadfield.wordpress.com/201...-fender-vents/
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 PM   #10
Sugoi_Style
Zilvia Junkie

Sugoi_Style is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone seen the S15 vented fenders from Car Modify Wonder? They're on the GLARE kit. Expensive, but I like them more than the MASA ones. I recall someone on Zilvia stating that MASA is a pain to get a hold of or to even order parts.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #11
gudmundur

Hi guys

thanks alot for some good information

Masa make a non vented fender called M14 Type I
http://www.rhdjapan.com/masa-motor-s...face-swap.html

going to try to source those or have mine changed so that they fit
Old 12-03-2015, 02:27 PM   #12
Lambo
Leaky Injector

Lambo is an unknown quantity at this point
non vented ones are nice and clean but damn, with shipping is just over $700 tho
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:16 AM   #13
gudmundur

Yeah that is alot , ended up getting a quote to fix the fenders I have and close the vents on them