Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Sema-gate 2015

So i guess there's a whole bunch of butthurt going on surrounding SEMA 2015 denials. Check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5yPwkeyByU

Guy basically says this:

- I did something 'radical and expensive' to my car to get other people (sponsors) to pay for my car parts (sponsorship).
- Nowadays sponsorships mean you have to fulfill certain obligations or they (sponsors) can charge you for all the parts they gave you.
- My $400 SEMA payment is refunded but what about all of the parts I got for free?

Conclusion:

Maybe you shouldn't fucking build a car to get parts for FREE. Maybe you should BUY THEM OUTRIGHT like 'normal' people. Maybe you should take your fucking time and build it over a few years instead of trying to shit out a car with 'big ticket items' to gain Instagram followers, e-fame, and *gasp* MORE SPONSORS. So now that this dude can't go to SEMA (missing on some more sponsorships, oh no!) he's all fucking miffed about (potentially) having to owe some of his sponsors.

Play stupid games, win stupid fucking prizes. Plenty of us work a crazy amount of hours and some of us are in the military and don't have the time to wrench. Boo-fucking-hoo you're in college with a 'full load' and want to build a swag-mobile.

Thoughts?
Old 10-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
when i was making carbon stuff, the guy i worked with did a whole interior for a lambo huracan for SEMA in green carbon kevlar. they ended up blacking out the windows and leaving the doors closed so you couldnt even see any of the work he did.
all i can say is shit happens.
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How do I get the thing under my username to stop saying whore?
I am not a ho.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:25 PM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
How do I get the thing under my username to stop saying whore?
I am not a ho.
Transfer me 600,000 GMP or MB Coins for MGS5 via PayPal and I'll use them to get you premium. Once you have that account, you can edit your title AND change the color of the whole page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danshaz View Post
when i was making carbon stuff, the guy i worked with did a whole interior for a lambo huracan for SEMA in green carbon kevlar. they ended up blacking out the windows and leaving the doors closed so you couldnt even see any of the work he did.
all i can say is shit happens.
My point is this dude is trying to act like he deserves it. Why? Because you bet it all and lost? Like you said, shit happens. SEMA spots aren't set in stone. If I was going to build a fanboy car and have a debt looming overhead if I didn't make it to SEMA then you bet your ass I'd just tell the sponsors 'no thanks'.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
plus isnt sema to show off the newest products in the industry? who the hell still wants to see a rocketbunny FRS that already made its rounds a few years ago?
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
last year there were probably 20 rocket bunny FRS.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Dude sounds like he places the blame on everyone but himself.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Dude sounds like he places the blame on everyone but himself.
It's the millennial thing. No responsibility for your actions.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A lot of heavy tension in this industry, its all dog eat dog behind the scenes from my experience.

I built a widebody out of clay for the rolloface e92 M3 that will be at the show this year.

This was done as an "internship".

The idiot owner of that company lost patience for how long it was taking to build something by hand- kicked me out, then he took the molds I made and had some other shop modify them so that the design was now less recognizable to the orignal design.

So basically he used me to get close to nothing labor for a custom design, and made sure it would be damn hard for me to take any credit.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #10
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
People are tired of looking at FRS/BRZ's with shit bolted to the side of them, how long did he think he could ride that bandwagon?

Not saying they're all like that but local frs and brz owners act exactly the same, hoonigan-douche bros that claim they're "more hardcore" than you when they don't even wrench on their own shit
Old 10-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #11
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
SEMA is the dumbest shit in the world

Rocket Bunny 86s and BRZs got old long ago... FML
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:47 PM   #12
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's StayCrushing, what do you expect? He thinks the world is owed to him for his great technical and design insight with shirts like this http://www.istaycrushing.com/product...the-team-shirt

Honestly it most likely was the wing on his car that go him banned. Would not fit through the giant bay doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #13
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Stay crushing is the faggotiest hard parker ever. Fuck him
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #14
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Stay Butthurt

This guys is a giant poser sandy vagina.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #15
Sleepy_Steve
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Sleepy_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sounds like he's thinking it's a fucking car show and not an industry trade show for aftermarket equipment.

Also sounds SUPER butthurt. I'd guess mostly because he's tried to use it as a platform for things he can't afford.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #16
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
What else can you really expect from any stancetard like him though.

Kinda sucks, he used to be cool.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #17
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Steve View Post
...because he's tried to use it as a platform for things he can't afford.
This. This is the main point I'm trying to bring up: would you 'sell your soul to the Devil' to get a bunch of name-brand parts and dick-riding fuckboy Instagram followers? That's why all these kids do it nowadays. All of the dick-riders are defending him and it's like a fucking plague is spreading.

If a company told me they'd give me $20k in parts with the caveat that I'd have to attend SEMA (or have to pay them back) then I'd make damn sure I was 100% guaranteed...then again, I'd never have someone build me a fucking car, either.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:57 PM   #18
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
You guys are all ridiculous. A generation of people who think they're owed something. Why don't you just buy parts like the rest of us? Why do you need sponsors? It's because you're impatient. Real builds don't happen that fast when you're getting parts sent to you from numerous sponsors. It's a 'look-at-me' build.

You obviously read the 'fine print' where they said you'd be charged if you didn't make it to certain shows. Why would you gamble on something you have no control over? It's because you're impatient. Regardless of financial situations, I buy my parts. I'm not poor and I'm definitely not rich...but I BUY my parts outright and it takes time. I don't shit out a project and put in on Instagram ASAP to get more followers. This is something that started with our current generation.
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #19
STR8 H8N
BANNED

seriously dude you didn't build or make any of those parts. what you pointed in the begining is true it was the time and still is the time for small builders those who fucking make, design, build their own fucking parts, but i know things are different lots of big companies etc etc. now days is easy any fucker can load 30k+ on any car and boom wanna be famous oh please sponsorship me go hell dude anyone seriously anyone can have a 10k engine, another 10k on paint another 10k on accessories and call it like do you know how many people are trying to get cert for tig, some saving for machine so they can design or at least try to come up with something, where is the motion of making your own be different yes your car is nice not hating it, but im hating you and your soft butthurt attitude like poor me my rocket shitty frs didn't make it. apologies my grammar is bad so is my trolling is not trolling cause this is coming from someone who been building my car since 2004 and till today its not done. so do you see where my rage is coming from ? lol nothing but love and peace dude i mean it keep trying dammit...
Old 10-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #20
STR8 H8N
BANNED

https://instagram.com/staycrushing/?hl=en

http://www.istaycrushing.com/

http://omgdrift.com/event-dopeness-our-trip-to-sema/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsZeZS3b5A4
Old 10-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #21
economix
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
economix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud ofeconomix has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Stay crushing is the faggotiest hard parker ever. Fuck him
"Hard parker" cracked me the fuck up
Old 10-13-2015, 02:39 PM   #22
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Apparently sema thought your wing was fucking hideous too brah.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:49 PM   #23
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
You got it wrong after watching the video. Apparently he paid before hand to have a spot, which therefore gave him incentive to go through with said build as they thought they would have a spot. If I paid for something, then get denied right before, I'd be pissed to. On grounds of basic principals.

What if you bought tickets to something before hand. Then they're like oh, sorry we don't have room. You can't come in. Yea.....you'd be pissed.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:20 PM   #24
Dat_SilEighty
Leaky Injector

Dat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her selfDat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
You got it wrong after watching the video. Apparently he paid before hand to have a spot, which therefore gave him incentive to go through with said build as they thought they would have a spot. If I paid for something, then get denied right before, I'd be pissed to. On grounds of basic principals.

What if you bought tickets to something before hand. Then they're like oh, sorry we don't have room. You can't come in. Yea.....you'd be pissed.
somebody in the YT comments had already mentioned that each exhibiting company is guaranteed only one spot

so it's not like buying a ticket to a concert in which they stop selling tickets when they run out of room, it's like buying a raffle ticket for a specific prize (each prize representing one SEMA booth) and hoping that there will be enough room for your ticket to go into the raffle drawing

I'm bad at analogies but hopefully you get the idea
Dat_SilEighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #25
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_SilEighty View Post
somebody in the YT comments had already mentioned that each exhibiting company is guaranteed only one spot

so it's not like buying a ticket to a concert in which they stop selling tickets when they run out of room, it's like buying a raffle ticket for a specific prize (each prize representing one SEMA booth) and hoping that there will be enough room for your ticket to go into the raffle drawing

I'm bad at analogies but hopefully you get the idea
BossHogg,

You can see where another user already said it's not guaranteed until you have...well...a guaranteed spot. The point is that (anyway you slice it) the car was built on borrowed money with the potential of a huge debt being accrued for not jumping through all hoops.

In other news, this seems like it pertains to dudes' attitudes nowadays:

http://store.034motorsport.com/hella...ering-kit.html
Old 10-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #26
wkpainter

wkpainter is an unknown quantity at this point
Im kinda confused. This dude makes tshirts? and hes mad he wont be in sema? .... he makes t shirts right? Tshirts? I didnt have a lot of time to dig up years of history on the dude but.... I think he makes t-shirts. Do you even wrench bro? I have a co-worker who is doing countless hours working on a vehicle that is supposed to be in sema. He is doing all of the labor for free. The shop is doing all of the labor for free. I dont even know if one of the parts suppliers (they are a member of this community) is aware of the fact this car will be at sema. Im sorry that a car that he paid people to build for him wont be at sema. Atleast he has a car though right? Maybe he should have built a car for himself, or had someone else build it for HIM, and not for SHOWS. Then he wouldn't be sad he spent too much money building a car he couldnt afford?

ramblerambleramble
wkpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #27
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkpainter View Post
Im kinda confused. This dude makes tshirts? and hes mad he wont be in sema? .... he makes t shirts right? Tshirts? I didnt have a lot of time to dig up years of history on the dude but.... I think he makes t-shirts. Do you even wrench bro? I have a co-worker who is doing countless hours working on a vehicle that is supposed to be in sema. He is doing all of the labor for free. The shop is doing all of the labor for free. I dont even know if one of the parts suppliers (they are a member of this community) is aware of the fact this car will be at sema. Im sorry that a car that he paid people to build for him wont be at sema. Atleast he has a car though right? Maybe he should have built a car for himself, or had someone else build it for HIM, and not for SHOWS. Then he wouldn't be sad he spent too much money building a car he couldnt afford?

ramblerambleramble
This is more along the lines of the conversation I'm trying to start. The timing of this guy's video just helped bring this thread about.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:31 PM   #28
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I thought the dude said he paid for the spot and it was accepted already. If it was a raffle type thing, then yea, the guys a dumbass if he wasn't for sure guaranteed.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:37 PM   #29
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I thought the dude said he paid for the spot and it was accepted already. If it was a raffle type thing, then yea, the guys a dumbass if he wasn't for sure guaranteed.
Brother, you're still missing the point: patience.

The other guys states that you don't get full confirmation until 23OCT2015. He even says he's gone numerous times and waits for this confirmation. I'll go ahead and assume his car is done and that parts aren't on 'loan' from 'sponsors. That's probably why he can wait until a few weeks before the show.

Patience. Obviously he just signed up without reading the fine print. SEMA gave him his money back so that's all they owe him. Didn't read the rules? Tough shit.

Patience. He wants a cool car NOW and wants to launch ANOTHER fucking 'car lifestyle' company. Has to get sponsors and build it FAST to get it into SEMA for more recognition. Boost for sales, right?

Patience. Doesn't even do the research before brokering these deals so now he's in a hard spot.

There's a trend here.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:25 PM   #30
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Watching that video gave me a headache. He just rambles on and on about how sad his life is.
zwzweston is offline   Reply With Quote