Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum

Reviews Forum Post your fair and objective reviews of private sellers and commercial businesses here.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Opie

Trader Rating: (0)
Opie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My experience with JGY

First off, I'll go ahead and say that despite my low post count, I'm no idiot. i do tech and sales for a local shop, I won't even say what shop because this is not a plug. I just want to share this experience with you guys here.

So we ordered a set of injectors from JGY. MSD 72# injectors as stated on their website. http://www.jgycustoms.com/240sx/fuel.htm

Says right there plain as day on the site MSD 72# injectors. Well the injectors we bought sit on a shelf for a few weeks as we build the bottom end of a customer's car and do other stuff. Then the customer decides to go with a bigger turbo so we need to go up to a 96# injector. So we call MSD to get their professional opinion. We give them the part number and they notify us that the injectors sold by us are not MSD injectors. So we call JGY and ask for a refund because we did not get what we purchased. They told us that since we had passed their 10 day return time, we informed them that they had sent us injectors that were not MSD as advertised. Their story was that when they say "MSD" They use it in such a manner as describing all tissues as kleenex when in reality not all brand tissues are kleenex brand. These are fuel injectors not tissues. They pretty much just blow us off and refuse to take back their product and return our money.

So then we call MSD. Those guys at MSD are awesome, they run the part number and tell us that the injectors are actually GM Rochester injectors, which in their defense are high quality injectors, but the kicker is that the rochester injectors are 75# injectors rather than 72# injectors. This is pretty important when it comes to tuning. So in the end JGY sent us the wrong brand, wrong size injectors, would not take responsibility for it. Not surprisingly, every time we called, the owner, Jason Young had "stepped out to lunch"

CLIFFNOTES: JGY Advertises MSD injectors, but actually sends Rochester injectors that are a different size altogether.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
hmmm, I've always had good experience with those guys. Sucks man.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #3
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lol...
its all about a buck. $

sorry they played you...
theres aton of shops doing these kinda of games...
I ordered a tune and had a guys chip a ecu...
holy FAIL!

gl with ya build.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Please post in the right fourm:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/forumdisplay.php?f=55

And use the full name as the title.