Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
SonnyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
240SX Drifter Set Up?

Hi I would first like to start out with my name and car
My name is Sonny and my car I drive is a 1995 240SX S14 Zenkei
I don't know much about cars but am willing to learn
Since my uncle pretty much grew up around cars and so did I
I would just like to know if anyone knows a good drifter set up or any parts that you recommend a 5 out of 5 that's a good and reliable part
Such as a boost control, oil coolers/inter coolers, brakes, bow, t28, manifolds ,LSD, fuel injectors , sway bars, arm bars , coilovers, e brake set up and any thing else that I might of missed!
I'm trying to get a good 325-350whp to still be a fast car and a drifter but one that would also be one that would last me forever
Thanks!

Last edited by SonnyBoy; 01-01-2012 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: Updated
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So you want someone to give you a complete parts list for a drift set up? It's called google
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

No just what they recommend
I want real people not some rating that I can't see
But if you don't want to help and try to be an ass about it your better off not posting
And I'm here to learn about my car and good set up cause I'm sure other people have a good set up they wouldn't mind sharing this is what the forums are for to LEARN
So don't make zilvia look bad
Bye
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
ebay has amazing parts for next to nothing. everyone on here loves ebay parts!

Cliff notes: Florida
Old 01-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyBoy View Post
But if you don't want to help and try to be an ass about it your better off not posting
And I'm here to learn about my car and good set up cause I'm sure other people have a good set up they wouldn't mind sharing this is what the forums are for to LEARN
Bye
Ah Ok I am going to try and put it nicely. This is Zilvia, people here don't like holding hands. There is a wealth of information on this forum to pretty much answer all your questions. The suggestion is read its all here.

Oh and no one considers telling you to do your homework as making Zilvia look bad.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
Old 01-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Bye
to learn not to be spoon fed you dumbass. its not that hard to search and read. maybe your better off buying a car thats done already. because next your going to be asking where to get your ebay coils installed
Old 01-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #7
Project "Rojo" s13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Project "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her selfProject "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her selfProject "Rojo" s13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It good that your wondering how to get started with your car project, but be sure to use the search bar first broski. I got burnt up years ago for the same thing homie.

If you looking for how to's

Drifting.com has some very good videos to get you well educated so you at least what your doing. I have a couple of there dvds and they helped me out alot. And the gave me the confidence to work on my own stuff.

As far as a parts list, zilvia is chock full of those homie, and looking at other peoples builds can point you in the right direction also.

Remember the search bar is your friend.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Yeah I tried the search bar but didnt get much from it
But I'll go check out drifting.com at least some people can help while others are still full of themselves thanks though
Old 01-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Find that so hard to believe, that you cant find any info on this subject
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #10
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Yup getting my ass chewed out but I dont mind
Old 01-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
saliaga08
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
saliaga08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dont bother listening to the haters cause haters gonna hate
But the number one most important rule of any forum is to search before you ask. Whether it be a google search or the forum search.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
gunmetalr32
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
gunmetalr32 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Old 01-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Why do so many people insist on being spoon fed rather than researching shit for themselves?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #14
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

I guess your right
But then again it's a forum post and threads come from somewhere and I'm asking on a site
It's not harassment lol
Why does everybody take shit serious and hate lol
Chill and just say do research
But I get the point
I'm not a douch bag about my life lol
But then thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #15
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Why do so many people insist on being spoon fed rather than researching shit for themselves?
and then when you tell them to search because there tons of build threads and review threads and discussion threads about what there asking they call you a hater
Old 01-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

GhostlyCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of having a forum to create discussions?

When people asked me at car shows what engine my Corvette came with, I didn't look at them and say "Google it you idiot, the answer is easy to find" even though I was asked that question hundreds of times.

Just some food for thought.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyCoupe View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of having a forum to create discussions?

When people asked me at car shows what engine my Corvette came with, I didn't look at them and say "Google it you idiot, the answer is easy to find" even though I was asked that question hundreds of times.

Just some food for thought.
Ya except that is a bit a different. When you are at a car show there are not a ton of books to read with the info like a library.

To put that in perspective, the forum with all its info, writeups, faqs, build threads and what not is virtual encyclopedia on information about the cars.

Now if you go into the library and ask how do I do this, the librarian promptly responds search the card catalog ( in the old days lol) or now tells you to check the computer.

You look up the books with the info and read and learn. Its the same deal here. All this info posted would go to waste if no one bothered reading and learning.
Search the subject, find the posts and read, anybody saying they have searched and cannot find the info really has not.
Almost all questions about the cars have been asked by now as we are talking about 20 year old cars and setting them up has been gone over thousands of times or more.

Seriously that is the amazing thing about the forums and the internet. You have all this data to read at your fingertips.

So yes its different than being at a car show. LOL

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Exactly ghost but idk man
If people go crazy and mad over shit like this
I think it's some other issues honestly lol
But they "hater" comment isn't towards you Alex just all who trolls
Old 01-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

So then what happens when you post on a old thread then hey look another douche bag says you just bumped up a old thread good job!
Then somehow it's all your fault just some how lol
Old 01-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #20
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ya except that is a bit a different. When you are at a car show there are not a ton of books to read with the info like a library.

To put that in perspective, the forum with all its info, writeups, faqs, build threads and what not is virtual encyclopedia on information about the cars.

Now if you go into the library and ask how do I do this, the librarian promptly responds search the card catalog ( in the old days lol) or now tells you to check the computer.

You look up the books with the info and read and learn. Its the same deal here. All this info posted would go to waste if no one bothered reading and learning.
Search the subject, find the posts and read, anybody saying they have searched and cannot find the info really has not.
Almost all questions about the cars have been asked by now as we are talking about 20 year old cars and setting them up has been gone over thousands of times or more.

Seriously that is the amazing thing about the forums and the internet. You have all this data to read at your fingertips.

So yes its different than being at a car show. LOL
Almost all automotive projects have already been completed and documented in periodicals (magazines), books, and other print materials too.

Therefore, there's no point to having a forum at all because all knowledge can be found from a book if you're willing to "do your research".

If you aren't passionate about cars to answer some questions for new people even when you've answered them a thousand times before then I don't understand the point of being on an interactive chat forum.

Maybe I'm different, but to me part of the lure of the hobby has always been to have open discussions with others who have even the slightest intrest in the same things as me.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

But obvious this has caused everyone to go emo and rage from a little thread
Thank you for all who helped and advised
And this made me laugh so thanks to the flamers lol
Old 01-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
Jersthecool
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Jersthecool is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you want a drift car I'd recommend coilovers, lsd, bucket seat and aftermarket steering wheel... also don't forget lots of tires! Those are the basics to start out with then anything else is up to you.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
GhostlyCoupe
Zilvia Member

Quote:
It happens! lol

Really the best piece of advice is this:

The search tool sucks. Don't bother using it.

Use Google instead and here's how:

Type "site:zilvia.net" followed by whatever you're looking for into the Google search bar. This will allow you to use google's much more powerful search options and it usually a LOT faster.

Your original question is pretty broad. I'd say first I would try to drift the thing then decide what the weak areas are and attack those first. It's hard to give a specific list until you have an idea of what's "wrong" with the car
Old 01-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #24
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Alright thank jersthecool
And thank you GhostlyCoupe your words are wise lol
Much appreciate advised!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostlyCoupe View Post
Almost all automotive projects have already been completed and documented in periodicals (magazines), books, and other print materials too.

Therefore, there's no point to having a forum at all because all knowledge can be found from a book if you're willing to "do your research".

If you aren't passionate about cars to answer some questions for new people even when you've answered them a thousand times before then I don't understand the point of being on an interactive chat forum.

Maybe I'm different, but to me part of the lure of the hobby has always been to have open discussions with others who have even the slightest intrest in the same things as me.
well again you are missing my point and at the same time you mention forums which means its right in front of your eyes.

Shall I type in caps to make you realize? THE BEAUTY OF THE INTERNET IS THIS INFORMATION IS HERE FOR YOU TO READ WITHOUT HAVING TO GO TO THE LIBRARY OR BUY A MAGAZINE ETC....
USE IT!!!
LOL sorry but you shear lack of thinking brought that response on.

No one here is against discussions but like I previously posted the OP asked some very generic questions. If they had been more perhaps specific it might warrant discussion.

Though how many times have these questions already been asked here? Thousands, like I said before. There are suspension writeups, there are engine writeups, etc.. its all here already.

Oh and I see that you told him exactly the same thing I did earlier, but he kept on going off on people for them telling that in different words.

Quote:
Rage and emo? No, you are now blowing it out of perspective. Put yourself in the shoes of the people that have been here for years and had these questions asked time and again. You would tired of it as well.
When all the info is here for the reading, ya some of us get annoyed that you as a noob do not take to read and learn before asking.

That is all.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #26
SonnyBoy
Leaky Injector

Then if you do not want to answer you don't have to yes you are a veteran but the choice is your to choose to reply leave it alone or then again just give advise
No one needs to go nuts I'm just asking questions
Some answered some not but by people experienced will tell the best advised
And one learned through and passed down yes I'm a noob fresh off the boat some would say lol
But back to it it's your choice weather you want to answer it or ignore it
Thanks again though
Old 01-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #27
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Sonny with a chance!
I have a total crush on Demi Lovato.

Btw don't waste your time arguing with drift freaq, there are some things in life that just aren't worth the effort and that is one of them.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
As soon as I read the title I knew I would see some ..

SonnyBoy, a majority of the subject has been covered here on Zilvia and other 240sx forums. There are a million ways to go and you just have to do extensive research and analysis. Try making a checklist, calculate the amount of cost, and see which route you want to go with. Some cars have just stock KAs and SR20s with mild suspension upgrades drifting and there are others went with a overhaul of modifications.

Check out what others have on their modification list and perform more research. Learn from their mistakes and educate yourself.

Determine which engine
Which turbo?
Built Short-block?
Built Heads?
Custom intake manifold?
Radiator
Cooling fans
Clutch / Flywheel
Fuel setup (injectors, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel rail, regulator)
Ignition
Exhaust setup
Tune
ECU / Wideband / EBC
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Rear end / Drivetrain
Brakes
Tires
Rims
Roll cage
Different Seats
Quick Release Hub
Handbrake upgrade
Large pink dildo shift knob
Fancy ebrake handle
Weight reduction mods
Aero cosmetics?

There's plenty more. 99% of the builds do not happen over night and it just take lots of patience, time, intellectual activity, experience and most importantly cash! If you are dead serious about getting into this sport get involved with it. Show up at the events, talk to people, and get your feet wet by taking your car to the track. Good luck!
Old 01-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post

Rage and emo? No, you are now blowing it out of perspective. Put yourself in the shoes of the people that have been here for years and had these questions asked time and again. You would tired of it as well.
When all the info is here for the reading, ya some of us get annoyed that you as a noob do not take to read and learn before asking.

That is all.

You know, you didnt have to come to his thread and have to ANSWER anything. If you get annoyed or what not, just simply click the back button.

easy as that. Let the mods do their job, if they think its a waste of a thread and cluttering shit up, let them close it.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #30
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
BTW Sonny, theres a search bar here on Zilvia. or even Google.

Just type in the info such as "best coilovers for your buck...etc" theres PLENTY of products and review threads. Just food for thought. Because some people here on zilvia loves to feel superior over the internet.

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Closed Thread