Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

View Poll Results: Voting Donald Trump for president?
Trump will get my support. 144 38.92%
Trump will not get my support. 226 61.08%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2016, 10:54 PM   #631
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
D No, I still think he's an idiot with an impulsive mouth. I don't think he's entirely a bad person, but definitely in it for the same reason a career politician would be in it. Same shit, diff pile.
Alexander the Great is arguably the greatest leader of all time. He controlled much of the known western world (at the time) and laid the foundation for bringing the modern eastern and western worlds together. People adored him. History has a tendancy to adore him. And for the TLDR people, AtG is the perfect example for why people from total assholes to shear lucky people can be successful and great in the eyes of history by making many more people successful, despite SERIOUS character flaws.

Alexander the Great:
-died before 28
-Was what we would be called a lifelong gay in today's terms, yet married the daughter of his once most opposing force (more to come)
-took slaves, tortured them for rudimentary science
-basked in vanity
-Boasted and had a huge ego in his younger life and political years (when he First became king by declaring himself king after the Battle of Issus *irony much?*)
-the list of character flaws continues along the deplorable tracks to include rape and so on
-Is argued to have been not really 'special' relative to other people and wasnt particularly known as 'the smart kid' or 'the strong kid' or anything like that, he was just 'the kid' (until his dad emboldened AtG's ambition)
-is argued to have just been one super lucky SoB to have been totally undefeated even through his death.

He was so successful in the eyes of history despite what a lot of people today would consider damning flaws, because aside from his obvious geniology and hierarchical advantage:
-He lead from the front
-He aspired to be an expert at the art of strategy
-Gained an extreme amount of ambition ("thanks dad")
-Gained and maintained the affection of his people by being/acting (debated) as a commoner. People killed themselves when he died. (The fact it's debated, I believe, shows this is a massive piece to a political leadership success)
-Gained the affection of those he defeated in war, similarly
-TOOK CHANCES
-showed compassion by sparing enemy royalty and sometimes their local government officials. Even displaying chivalry to them.
-encouraged interracial relationships for his troops directly and by example (remember?)
-Was a diverse thinker that could eventually harness not just the adoration of family friends fellow-soldiers and global politics, but also economics and wartime strategy.
-Constantly pushed the limits of 'scientific', engineering, and human innovation
-Had extremely strong moral courage (meaning to continue to do what he believed in while facing adversity, as opposed to upholding modern-to-us standards)

Read up on AtG sometime. Its kind of obvious people and history will readily sidestep YUGE character flaws if it means that humanity benefitted in the long run. I was about to write an opposing argument, but this is zilvia so i need not say more on that.

In conclusion:
Give Trump a chance, he's no where near as crazy as AtG was.
Even if he ISNT the common man he appears, and if he does the right thing by people and history as a whole he'll go down in history as a legend. Albeit not likely anywhere near as badass as AtG but would be legendary nontheless. I'm not going to do it because I do not think he'll match AtG, but one could readily argue that history has already beckoned trump's success based on the lines you can draw connecting himself and AtG. The similarities are striking, but probably dont amount to much significance as many other leaders have tried to replicate AtG and failed

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 12-09-2016 at 05:06 AM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2016, 07:02 AM   #632
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Pathetic. These next 4 years will either go extremely bad or unexpectedly well.
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #633
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post

Alexander the Great:

-Was what we would be called a lifelong gay in today's terms, yet married the daughter of his once most opposing force (more to come)
This is what happens when you get your alexander info from the history channel/popular culture, instead of an actual biography.
Alexander wasn't a *SNIP*, he had multiple wives, many who would offer no real political benefit. One of the wives he took while conquering freaking Afghanistan (supposedly unconquerable) was taken because she was "renowned for her beauty " . It seems like all the more modern historic info you read gets further and further from the truth. Like, "new study finds that alexander, genghis khan, and others were actually gay" etc etc.

they read chapters of old history books that say, "so and so was alexanders best-friend from chidhood" and think "ah this totally means they fucked". Modern historians are shit, because they think their historic perspective, written like 2000+ years later is more accurate than actual history books from eyewtnesses written about 100 years after it happened.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #634
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
many debate that he was intimate with him, if it was a him, because that wouldnt have been taboo what-so-ever in their ancient times (and modern Afghanistan).

Women can be viewed as cows for baby making and boys are for pleasure.

It hasnt always been so cut and dry on who is and isnt a *SNIP*
I should have made that more clear when I called him gay because nowadays if youre a dude and you see a dick youre berated as full on gay
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #635
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
This is what happens when you get your alexander info from the history channel/popular culture, instead of an actual biography.
Alexander wasn't a *SNIP* , he had multiple wives, many who would offer no real political benefit. One of the wives he took while conquering freaking Afghanistan (supposedly unconquerable) was taken because she was "renowned for her beauty " . It seems like all the more modern historic info you read gets further and further from the truth. Like, "new study finds that alexander, genghis khan, and others were actually gay" etc etc.

they read chapters of old history books that say, "so and so was alexanders best-friend from chidhood" and think "ah this totally means they fucked". Modern historians are shit, because they think their historic perspective, written like 2000+ years later is more accurate than actual history books from eyewtnesses written about 100 years after it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
many debate that he was intimate with him, if it was a him, because that wouldnt have been taboo what-so-ever in their ancient times (and modern Afghanistan).

Women can be viewed as cows for baby making and boys are for pleasure.

It hasnt always been so cut and dry on who is and isnt a *SNIP*
I should have made that more clear when I called him gay because nowadays if youre a dude and you see a dick youre berated as full on gay
Both of you have been on Zilvia long enough to know better.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #636
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ahhhahahaha you got in trouble.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:08 AM   #637
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
"Bye Felicia"
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:47 PM   #638
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
I think the site needed a break from one of those guys....
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:39 AM   #639
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
LOL! I sat from the side lines and watched it all come unraveled for those two.

VNG704, I am surprised you bothered to continue the debate for so long

P.S Who is going to pay for that monumental tax break Trump offered to Carrier to save 110........wait, Trump had it wrong. To save a little over 700 jobs?? The same people who praised him for saving those "700 or so" jobs, NOT Carrier.
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #640
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
LOL! I sat from the side lines and watched it all come unraveled for those two.

VNG704, I am surprised you bothered to continue the debate for so long

P.S Who is going to pay for that monumental tax break Trump offered to Carrier to save 110........wait, Trump had it wrong. To save a little over 700 jobs?? The same people who praised him for saving those "700 or so" jobs, NOT Carrier.
You know when you talk to people, you don't know how they think until you actually have dialogue with them? That's why it went on for as long as it did. And then I wanted to help them understand but they kept ignoring the fact that Trump reneged, so I finally left the "dialogue."

More recorded proof Trump reneged on his promises below. One of his biggest campaign strengths he had on Hillary, the swamp draining. He was supposed to be someone different. Bringer of change. "Hillary was a career politician, so let's vote Trump." He's essentially admitting to lying to everyone. "Draining the swamp" was a gimmick he made up and only kept saying it because he realized people liked it. I know Trevor Noah is very anti Trump, but watch the video objectively and just pay attention to the parts where Trump is actually talking himself. Also, pure example of "some" of Trump's supporters. As he tells them the truth that they were used and lied to, they're clapping. lol. Come on guys, .
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/i9tog6...inkId=32425738
Old 12-24-2016, 05:35 AM   #641
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ing-class.html

Probably the only thing I've agreed with Biden on. The "Elitism" is one of the reasons the Left lost. I've pointed out that exact attitude in this thread.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:28 AM   #642
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Bump.

So it's been, what? 7 months since the left lost and the right got their guy in?
How are we all feeling about this administration at this point?

lol
Old 08-22-2017, 07:41 AM   #643
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Failed to repeal,
No tax overhaul plan,
No infrastructure plan,
Is posturing war with NK (and now wants to remain in Afghan),
Looks directly at eclipse,
Blames both sides for Neo Nazi killing girl in Charlotte (because you know, the driver of the vehicle was a Neo Nazi and all),
Praised Putin for firing 700+ Americans,
Has all his manufacturing counsel step down,
Lied about calls with Mexican President and boy scout president,
Hired the mooch,
Blames his own staff for not closing the deal om repeal,
Stepped out of the Energy counsel,

I need a drink of water......And that was only the last month......

Looks good to me! He is doing a fine job.........
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 AM   #644
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
No complaints

Somebody is always going to complain about who is in power. Get the fuck over it
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 AM   #645
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Failed to repeal,
No tax overhaul plan,
No infrastructure plan,
Blames both sides for Neo Nazi killing girl in Charlotte (because you know, the driver of the vehicle was a Neo Nazi and all),
Hired the mooch,

I thought that news of him exhausting the Secret Service's budget in 6/7 months was particularly noteworthy...lol
Old 08-22-2017, 08:07 AM   #646
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I thought that news of him exhausting the Secret Service's budget in 6/7 months was particularly noteworthy...lol
......I had to get a glass of water.

As far as that budget is concerned (yep I read it as well, but it was not explicitly stated FY or CY), I hope its the FY and not the calendar year ......

However, the SS has been in shambles for quiet some time even before Trump took office, so there is that. But it does not excuse his hypocrisy when he complained about how many times Obama played golf, when in the last 7 months, trump has played more golf than the last 6 presidents combined. And with his "entourage" of family (42 members) and their subsequent trips, he easily surpassed all the last presidents in budgetary spending in regards to security detail.....

MAGA. Fucking over the very people who voted for him by exhausting tax payer dollars on all his lavish trips......Yep. That's our president.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:11 AM   #647
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
No complaints

Somebody is always going to complain about who is in power. Get the fuck over it
Agreed about people always gonna complain, but you gotta admit this guys an idiot. Lol. At the same time, some people will never admit they made a mistake choosing him because "fk those damn lefties/dems/etc."

President talks shit/tweets about the dumbest things, impulsively. Yet, tip toed around the Charlottesville incident like he didn't wanna hurt the nazis' feelings. Lol gtfoh.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #648
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
No complaints

You're right. I just don't think we all expected so many of the complaints to be coming from his own supporters or both active & former staff.
Ppl are abandoning him left & right. His base & support are shrinking by the day. Can't do this job alone.

Sidenote: I find it interesting how the conversation of bringing up impeachment charges is transitioning to whether he'll resign from frustration before we even reach that point.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:23 AM   #649
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
You're right. I just don't think we all expected so many of the complaints to be coming from his own supporters or both active & former staff.
Ppl are abandoning him left & right. His base & support are shrinking by the day.
Exactly. And that staff is coming and going, quick.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #650
simmode1
Post Whore!

I think, with his support dwindling like it is, the midterms are going to be very interesting. That is, if he's still in office at that point. With resignation speculation making the rounds, it's interesting to note that he won't be the first president to do so, if he chose to. Nixon resigned too.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #651
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
I think, with his support dwindling like it is, the midterms are going to be very interesting. That is, if he's still in office at that point. With resignation speculation making the rounds, it's interesting to note that he won't be the first president to do so, if he chose to. Nixon resigned too.
If he resigns we get religious nutwing Pence......lol

What's bizarre is that his Evangelical base is silent the entire 7 months and counting and still support him. Makes you wonder if being religious is just blind faith?? (sorry to detract).

But back to our president.

I do not see him resigning. He is way too stubborn and considering his entire life being from money and always being told he is a winner, the chances of him seceding I think are very small. However, what I do see is if more reasonable human beings join the insane clown posse and reigning in Trump (read: John Kelly), he may have a fighting chance.

Now as far as his support dwindling, I am 50/50 on that. There are still ALOT of people who support him..........especially in high and influential places. That is what concerns me. The people who are actually pulling the levers to effect change.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #652
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Oh, I'm not saying he has no support. But it certainly is a lot less of what it was before. Still formidable though.

That good ol Evangelical base... They're pretty selective about what they decide to get vocal about. You are right though. Pence is even more worrying for a lot of ppl because he actually knows how to govern his ideals into law, unlike Trump.

I was thinking the same thing though about him actually improving his chances of staying in office when the Steve Bannon separation happened. He was probably the most polarizing member of Trump's cabinet, so we'll see if things become a little more reasonable with him out.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #653
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Waking up everyday not having hillary as potus is a victory alone, not matter how bad he fucks up. He did fuck up by promising so much in so little, but i guess that's how politics work... Guy's only been in for 7 months ffs.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #654
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Waking up everyday not having hillary as potus is a victory alone, not matter how bad he fucks up. He did fuck up by promising so much in so little, but i guess that's how politics work... Guy's only been in for 7 months ffs.
He's an absolute disaster. Fucking embarrassment to the country.
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:36 PM   #655
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
Let me pose a legitimate question to you: What has HRC done (apart from her emails, which have yet to be proven. Benghazi was a witch hunt that uncovered NOTHING which YOUR tax dollars payed for. And her foundation actually does good and I can properly cite this information), that is

1) Grossly incompetent
2) Grossly incompetent in comparison to trump??

Serious question here.

Now, HRC is not perfect and I am not totting her line. But this is a democracy and I would like to know why HRC is so bad in your eyes??
Old 08-22-2017, 01:00 PM   #656
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Failed to repeal,
No tax overhaul plan,
No infrastructure plan,
Blames both sides for Neo Nazi killing girl in Charlottesville (because you know, the driver of the vehicle was a Neo Nazi and all),
Hired the mooch,

Fixed that for you... Those places are almost 5 hours apart. One is closer to you than they are to each other.
Otherwise, I agree.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:01 PM   #657
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Agreed about people always gonna complain, but you gotta admit this guys an idiot. Lol. At the same time, some people will never admit they made a mistake choosing him because "fk those damn lefties/dems/etc."

President talks shit/tweets about the dumbest things, impulsively. Yet, tip toed around the Charlottesville incident like he didn't wanna hurt the nazis' feelings. Lol gtfoh.
Here's one.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM   #658
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
I mentioned that on FB or Twitter or something last week...
There was a meeting on 08/07/74 wherein some GOP Senators met with Nixon and told him, in so many words: "look, we can't fuck with you. You got too much shit on you and we can't risk smelling shitty too."
08/08/74, he resigned. 45 Keeps starting shit with literally everyone who dares not suck his butt and he will be in a similar position.

Another theory I have is that Paul Ryan is doing a bangup job of keeping his nose clean and letting Trump get into shit with the Senate and not the House.
That means something.
Paul Ryan, should Trump not manage to piss someone off into impeaching him or freely resign when his presidency starts costing him real world net worth, will primary Trump in 2020 and win.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:38 PM   #659
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I could see that. That would probably be preferable to letting Pence take a whack at it.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #660
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

As much as I am not a fan of Ryan, he sure as hell was put between a rock and hard place when he became Speaker of the House when trump came on board.