Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-14-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Smithwick is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
eBay JECS Injectors - Too Good To Be True?

Hey guys - I've been seeing super cheap injectors on eBay claiming to be genuine JECS OEM products - usually for under $100. Now, obviously I take eBay descriptions with a grain of salt, but it's not usual for an eBay seller piles of listings/feedback to be outright lying on an ad.

Here's an example - $90 shipped for 'NISMO' JECS 550cc Injectors (see pic below). Are these really the seemingly good deal they claim to be? Or am I missing something here?

Smithwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The description says re-manufactured, so they're probably re-drills.

And not even by a "reputable" company like Deatschwerks or Five O. They're no-name brand re-drills.

https://motoiq.com/tuners-test-your-injectors/

Two things in life always hold true:

1) You get what you pay for

and

2) If it's too good to be true, it probably is
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
The description says re-manufactured, so they're probably re-drills.
Ahhh, that's the tricky part. Didn't see that. Some of them say JECS and "remanufactured" and then some of them say "new" but they're generic brand.

There are some that are both though. Here are new ones that say both JECS and that they are NEW OEM. Given, they're $165, but that still seems like a pretty good deal. Would you trust those?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
good lord, 2 out of the 6 holes aren't even finished!!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
when it comes to something as important as fuel injectors, DO NOT CHEAP OUT!!!! i cant stress this enough. with my last build back in 2006/2007, i went the cheap route and bout deatshworks injectors. went thru 3-4 sets because they couldnt handle E85. i got sick of constantly sending injectors back and forth... so i manned up, bought a top feed rail with some brand name US made top feed 1000cc injectors. never ran into another problem again!

my current build, i spent the money and bought 740cc tomei injectors for the simple fact that i knew i wouldnt burn these out within weeks of tuning because of saving a few bucks by buying injectors that arent built by a trusted and quality brand.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #6
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
when it comes to something as important as fuel injectors, DO NOT CHEAP OUT!!!! i cant stress this enough. with my last build back in 2006/2007, i went the cheap route and bout deatshworks injectors. went thru 3-4 sets because they couldnt handle E85. i got sick of constantly sending injectors back and forth... so i manned up, bought a top feed rail with some brand name US made top feed 1000cc injectors. never ran into another problem again!
Haven't made a decision on what to get...I haven't even really decided whether to go 550cc vs 740cc for what's going to be a pretty mild build. I was just shocked to find that there are these cheap injectors that say that they are NEW JECS-made products. IMHO JECS is a good OEM injector maker, I guess I'm partially asking if someone has actually gotten them and found them to be a quality product actually made by JECS, or if it's something that we should be reporting to eBay as fraud.

Sucks to hear about the Deatschwerks injectors - I always heard good things about Deatschwerks. Bummer
Old 08-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Genuine Nismo 550s are close to $600 BNIB and have the nismo part number engraved on top.

These are $89, JECS "NiSm0" injectors with no part number.

Not the wisest expenditure of funds. You would be better off lighting your car a fire and saving yourself the headache....

Or.....

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:05 PM   #8
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Genuine Nismo 550s are close to $600 BNIB and have the nismo part number engraved on top.
Yeah they're definitely not nismo - trying to figure out if they're even JECS.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
I think even the JECS are (little) more expensive. But it is still a roll of the dice

Either way, let us know how it turns out whatever choice you make.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:33 PM   #10
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

I'm definitely not gonna be the guinea pig on this one.

I'll probably wind up with the Tomei ones, possibly Deatschwerks
Old 08-14-2018, 01:41 PM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Any sidefeeds apart from Nismo/Tomei is not worth the cost of entry. But that's just my 0.2cents.

Sidefeeds are pretty damn outdated by any standard.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:00 PM   #12
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Any sidefeeds apart from Nismo/Tomei is not worth the cost of entry. But that's just my 0.2cents.

Sidefeeds are pretty damn outdated by any standard.
Outdated? Is there anything really *wrong* with sidefeed? I've never known anyone that had issues with sidefeed stuff.

Does it even make sense to get a whole top feed rail for a mild build (like, T28)?
Old 08-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Outdated =/= issues. For a simple setup they work. You got a few options;

1) Buy a set of Tomei/Nismo BNIB for close to 600
2) Buy a used set for a few hundred which you MUST get flow tested for another 100
3) Buy top feeds.

Its really that simple.

Or....

4) Buy some rebuilt STI 550 for peanuts compared to buying Nismo 740.

Your call.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:25 PM   #14
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Outdated =/= issues. For a simple setup they work. You got a few options;

1) Buy a set of Tomei/Nismo BNIB for close to 600
2) Buy a used set for a few hundred which you MUST get flow tested for another 100
3) Buy top feeds.

Its really that simple.

Or....

4) Buy some rebuilt STI 550 for peanuts compared to buying Nismo 740.

Your call.
Yeah, have considered the STI 550's.

What would you say a top feed setup plus injectors would cost? i've seen a wide range of prices but I really don't know anything about what is good / what isn't good. and YES I searched
Old 08-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithwick View Post
Haven't made a decision on what to get...I haven't even really decided whether to go 550cc vs 740cc for what's going to be a pretty mild build. I was just shocked to find that there are these cheap injectors that say that they are NEW JECS-made products. IMHO JECS is a good OEM injector maker, I guess I'm partially asking if someone has actually gotten them and found them to be a quality product actually made by JECS, or if it's something that we should be reporting to eBay as fraud.

Sucks to hear about the Deatschwerks injectors - I always heard good things about Deatschwerks. Bummer
better to go with the larger injectors... honestly, better to have too much head room with the injector versus not enough. simple build or not, if you ever want to go with a larger turbo, cams, head work etc, the 740cc's will allow for you to add more power versus topping out the 550cc's and having to buy a whole new set.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithwick View Post
Yeah, have considered the STI 550's.

What would you say a top feed setup plus injectors would cost? i've seen a wide range of prices but I really don't know anything about what is good / what isn't good. and YES I searched
top feed injectors tend to run a bit cheaper than sidefeeds do... however, you will need to purchase a new fuel rail as well as run new fuel lines from the send and return lines in your engine bay. honestly, the cost of going top feed versus staying side feed is roughly the same.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #17
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
I got my 600 cc/min sidefeeds from a local company that rebuilds injectors. Really good reputation locally. I just put my injectors in, so I can't give first hand experience, but the PFI injectors are powering most of the local big hp imports.
You may have someone local to you that does similar.

This is one of the PFI listings, a lot less than $600 for sidefeeds:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SR20DET...UAAOSw14xWKW-T
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #18
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeo View Post
I got my 600 cc/min sidefeeds from a local company that rebuilds injectors. Really good reputation locally. I just put my injectors in, so I can't give first hand experience, but the PFI injectors are powering most of the local big hp imports.
You may have someone local to you that does similar.

This is one of the PFI listings, a lot less than $600 for sidefeeds:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SR20DET...UAAOSw14xWKW-T
Cool, never heard of them before. Definitely will check them out!
Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 PM   #19
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

OK so, talked to a bunch of people about this, and the consensus seems to be that these are most likely knock offs (I'm talking about these that say that they are 'NEW' 'JECS' injectors). Problem is, there's not really any way to know for sure without someone actually buying them (and then most likely winding up with trash and/or trying to get their money back)...and I don't want to be that guinea pig.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The PFI guys definitely seem to know what they're talking about, may be giving them a shot on this build...or just going with my original plan and getting Nismo/Tomei ones.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:06 AM   #20
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
If you want cheap reliable sidefeeds around 550cc, get the yellow sti injectors. They're 525cc. That said, I recommend going bigger. I thought for sure I'd have room to grow with these but I'm at ~88% dc at 290whp.
Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #21
Abeo
Leaky Injector

Abeo is an unknown quantity at this point
If you want to go big for cheap, looks like PFI has some rebuilt 800 cc/min sidefeeds
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-engines-and-...ationFlag=true
Abeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #22
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Should just point out that the Nissan and Subaru side-feed injector connectors are slightly different.

You can modify the two to work together, but I think the Nissan connector will no longer lock to the Subaru injector. It will just slide on and off.

The better solution is to grab the Subaru connectors as well and repin them to your Nissan engine harness. Or splice the Subaru connectors in. Or use patch harnesses.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #23
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
I run DENSO/Sard Racing 550cc injectors (pink) on my SR20 and I have no issues with them. I run them with a gt28 turbo, tomei poncams and a tune making about 320 whp. I just replaced the O-rings on them with OEM Nissan injector o-rings because I heard they seal a bit better. And they are side feed in the OEM fuel rail.

You can find a set for around $500, and they are a good, trusted brand as they make a lot of OEM JDM injectors.

https://www.sard.co.jp/after_eng/pro...or_syasyu.html
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #24
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
good information came out of this thread.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:49 PM   #25
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
good information came out of this thread.
I actually decided to try the PFI setup that Abeo recommended. Could be a disaster, could be great - doesn't seem like there's a ton of feedback on them, at least that I found.

I talked to my tuner and he hasn't seen them before, but felt like they were worth trying. Doing the 550's. Unfortunately, it's looking like I'm not going to be getting to the turbo upgrade this season - so it's going to be a T25 with the PowerFC, PFI top feed fuel rail, Z32 MAF (plus the usual supporting mods and bolt-ons). And yeah, I realize that I could up the boost on the T25 without the Z32 MAF or the Injectors, but this is just how I'm doing it. Curious what kind of power I can make with the T25. Will be on the dyno in a few weeks.

Over the winter, I'll try to hunt down a good deal on a bigger turbo and install/retune sometime next season.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #26
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
If you want cheap reliable sidefeeds around 550cc, get the yellow sti injectors. They're 525cc. That said, I recommend going bigger. I thought for sure I'd have room to grow with these but I'm at ~88% dc at 290whp.
What latency are you using for the yellows?
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:54 AM   #27
Lordy240

Lordy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this thread is a little old but I thought I'd point this out for future reference, in case anyone searches and finds this thread.

Those injectors pictured by OP are not Nismo 550s. They're probably Subaru 525cc (aka 550.)

The clip is a Subaru clip. Here's a picture of a Nissan style clip.

Note how OP's picture has a single, triangle tab on the bottom of the clip. Nissan has a square tab with guides on each side of the tab.

You'll need Subaru connectors to run those. Or you can cut off the little tab on the underside of the clip... but then you'll need to ghetto fab something to make sure the connector doesn't come off the injector while driving (electrical tape if you're feeling really saucy.)
Lordy240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:12 AM   #28
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Or use these. Best purchase I ever made for my STI injectors

https://motorwestperformance.com/product/c120-4pack-l1/

If the link goes down you are looking for:
Denso Female to Jecs Male Adapter.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #29
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Or use these. Best purchase I ever made for my STI injectors

https://motorwestperformance.com/product/c120-4pack-l1/

If the link goes down you are looking for:
Denso Female to Jecs Male Adapter.
Damn they're cutting into my hustle. Been selling for years. Get them by the hundreds.