Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #211
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Planning on going with the newer steel Maverick Motorsports s chassis axle adapters to 350z along of course with the z axles. Anyone have any issues with these yet? I don't have extended Rear LCAs and don't plan to get some. I currently have solid subframe and diff bushings along with ISR ruca and toe rods. Looks like the adapters will extended the axle length approx 3/8 inch in addition to the length of each axle. Plan yo go about 1.5 - 2 inches lower but not slammed and as near 0 camber as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2018, 01:41 AM   #212
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
bump.

^curious as well. I was thinking of saving almost 100 bones with the adapters, but it seems like villians is the way to go. my car is pretty low and rear camber is zeroed out so i think I could run them, but i think i'd be better off not having to factor in the geometry change.
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:54 AM   #213
JimmBooost
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
JimmBooost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
bump.

^curious as well. I was thinking of saving almost 100 bones with the adapters, but it seems like villians is the way to go. my car is pretty low and rear camber is zeroed out so i think I could run them, but i think i'd be better off not having to factor in the geometry change.
You’re installing a major part that rotates constantly, I wouldn’t want an adapter compensating for bigger axles. Villains 6x1 bolt stubs is what you want.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:42 AM   #214
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
Planning on going with the newer steel Maverick Motorsports s chassis axle adapters to 350z along of course with the z axles. Anyone have any issues with these yet? I don't have extended Rear LCAs and don't plan to get some. I currently have solid subframe and diff bushings along with ISR ruca and toe rods. Looks like the adapters will extended the axle length approx 3/8 inch in addition to the length of each axle. Plan yo go about 1.5 - 2 inches lower but not slammed and as near 0 camber as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I installed those adapters with Z axles when my car was slammed, tucking rim on 17's with 0 camber. The axles were still too compressed and the CV's broke when I backed out of the driveway. You HAVE to extend the rear track width to run them.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #215
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
So question for those of you rocking the 350z axles with either the 350z/Armada and/or early Q45 (3.54 ratio) diff setup, what kind of power are you putting down? And how long have you had your setup? I am leaning more and more in this direction but there isnt much info out there regarding what power these setups can handle. Not into the drifting scene so I am more interested in those using the setup for straight-line type events.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:27 AM   #216
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
They will hold more power than any 240sx components will.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:16 AM   #217
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

For sure, just based off the design they are better suited to hold down some power. I am just wondering how much power in relation to my old Z32tt/Q45 3.54 setup. As we all know the Z32tt axles are a commodity so I am wondering if this will hold down the power on a slightly mild turbo LSx build. I see that people have installed the setup but there isnt much info regarding what type of driving they do and what power levels they are at.

Also interested to see if anyone has any feedback regarding this configuration:
http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import...r-upgrade-2337

Trying to find a suitable answer without trying to find a $400+ Z32tt axle if possible.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #218
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
So please help me understand,

All I have to do is:
1. get s14 350z diff bushings from 'maverick'
2. get 06 350z 3.357 6-bolt differential
3. get 350z axles

and this works? Axles are the correct length and the driveshaft angle is the same?
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #219
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

According to what I have been reading yes. Just wondering how strong this setup is in comparison to the Z32 tt axle & Q45 3.54 diff setup since the 3.54 setup has a larger spline count. It still seems the design of the 350z setup has been holding up pretty well.

There is a dude Zamiel Jesse on FB running the same setup. Only difference is that he is running the CD009. Might want to hit him up.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #220
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post

All I have to do is:
3. get 350z axles

and this works? Axles are the correct length and the driveshaft angle is the same?
I've heard that the differential ends up being lower in the subframe with the adapter bushings than the S13/14 diff is. You have to modify and widen the front mounting area like Stewart Leask did ages ago if you want to maintain the same differential height.

The driveshaft angle should be fine as long as it stays parallel to the transmission output. If the differential is tilted forward with the adapter bushings then that is no good.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:04 PM   #221
rv_zenki
Leaky Injector

rv_zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Do J30 axles fit S14s?
rv_zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #222
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
So I found a couple interesting things

1. In rockauto they sell a 300zx turbo driver axle for $90. Is this the unicorn axle? Whats the catch?
NI8399 is the brand new Q45 driver side axle
and
NI8467 is the 300zx Twin Turbo axle Driver side

ATM my plan is email(ed already) the axle company (trakmotive for example) ask them whether this NEW axle is strong enough like the OEM axles to support 800horsepower etc...

2. In car-part.com if you search for Q45 axles it differentiates between 90-94 and 95-96. According to every website they should all be the same 6-bolt axles for 3.54:1 ratio diffs. But car-part.com will show you MANY people have the 90-94 axle. and NOBODY has the 95-96 axle. ???

edit: I found this:

" Possible exceptions for the J30 LSD fitment (cut-and-pasted, from Asad):

From a search on www.car-part.com for a 1995 J30 VLSD...the years that come up in the interchange are:

1994-1997, with production dates "from 1/94" often given for the '94s (meaning it changed during the '94 model year)... and "Thru 6/96" given for '97 diffs (likewise, meaning it changed sometime in the '97 model year)... In addition, some of these diffs have in the comments "3.92 ratio" or something to that effect. If you search for a '97 J30 differential, you get 3 options: "Thru 6/96", "From 7/96 thru 11/96", and "From 12/96"... meaning there were actually TWO changes during the '97 model year. What those changes were...who knows???"

So... Who knows? The site that I got that from has it all wrong too. its rlly old.

update:
so here is what I wound up doing. I was able to contact "trackmotive" and asked about axle strength, and they gave me the "up to OEM standards or better" speech so I guess its worth a shot. I bought a brand new 300zx driver side axle from Ebay "trackmotive". then I bought a complete Q45 subframe from a junkyard Q45 1994. It didn't have ABS sensor in the input flange area so everything (driver side axle, hubs, and differential 3.5:1 ratio, my same driveshaft length) bolted right into my S14 240sx and I used that new driver side 300ZX axle for the driver side of the 240sx. The only 'custom mod' necessary was the drilling of the input flange of the 3.5:1 diff. I was able to keep ALL my stock arms in the rear end. Which seems like it works really well for launching this V8/4l80e on a 3.5:1 ratio

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 07-23-2018 at 07:49 PM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #223
Mobne

Mobne is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I installed those adapters with Z axles when my car was slammed, tucking rim on 17's with 0 camber. The axles were still too compressed and the CV's broke when I backed out of the driveway. You HAVE to extend the rear track width to run them.
How much do you need to widen the track?
I want to be able to run 3degree camber in the rear with 350z axles and adapters. The adapters are about 15mm wide.
I’m thinking of going 25mm wider track on each side. Would this be ok?
Old 05-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #224
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobne View Post
How much do you need to widen the track?

I want to be able to run 3degree camber in the rear with 350z axles and adapters. The adapters are about 15mm wide.

I’m thinking of going 25mm wider track on each side. Would this be ok?

Why not run the modified 350z pattern stub shafts instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #225
Mobne

Because i have s15 helical diff and what I know it uses special output shafts.
And I have already bought the adapters and have all adjustable driftworks rear end.

So any ideas about how much I need to extend the track?
Old 07-16-2018, 12:48 AM   #226
Mobne

25mm was needed to fit the axles and make it work.
Problem when widening the track with the adjustable rods is that if you mess up the tractionrod/ruca ratio bump steer gets really bad :/
Old 07-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #227
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I'd have sent off the S15 output shafts to get modified with z33 axle flanges instead.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:13 PM   #228
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Anyone here have any experience with the Insane Shafts axles? I'm thinking about buying the 500hp axles, which is about the same price for just the DSS solid bar upgrade. I know a lot of Honda guys have been running insane shafts with good results, and in a way I feel like DSS can mark up their items, due to how their brand has saturated the market, making it hard for anyone else to really come up.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 PM   #229
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post

All I have to do is:
3. get 350z axles

You need adjustable rear lower control arms, Maverick Motorsports replied to me & said "the axles"will be too compressed to work. You'd need about 1" extra width to make it all fit up."

Im lowered but not slammed & at -0.5 rear camber

Driveshaft wise I believe the bolt holes dont match the stub on the 350z diff so you have to drill them out to match. Length wise it doesnt change though.

I've been interested in the Z/G diff/axles etc because I have a turbo LS and want longer gearing and stronger axles but I have no plans on widening my rear track width.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:55 PM   #230
RZRSHARP_240SX
Leaky Injector

RZRSHARP_240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
Anyone here have any experience with the Insane Shafts axles? I'm thinking about buying the 500hp axles, which is about the same price for just the DSS solid bar upgrade. I know a lot of Honda guys have been running insane shafts with good results, and in a way I feel like DSS can mark up their items, due to how their brand has saturated the market, making it hard for anyone else to really come up.
I am running the 1000hp insane shafts right now. I’m putting just over 500whp though them and haven’t had a issue. I haven’t had a chance to track test them yet.
RZRSHARP_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:18 PM   #231
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZRSHARP_240SX View Post
I am running the 1000hp insane shafts right now. I’m putting just over 500whp though them and haven’t had a issue. I haven’t had a chance to track test them yet.
Thanks for the feedback. My car ain't gonna be over 500whp, if it somehow does, I'd be fucking ecstatic!!! But, I used my 15% Ebay coupon, which knocked off almost $100, plus free shipping for the 500 hp insane shafts, so not a bad deal.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #232
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys there is a g35 sedan in my local yard, I am curious if the axles off the g35 sedan will work in an s13 using the villans stub adapters. Thanks.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:10 AM   #233
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30gangsta View Post
Hey guys there is a g35 sedan in my local yard, I am curious if the axles off the g35 sedan will work in an s13 using the villans stub adapters. Thanks.

yes . axles from z33 and g35 coupe / sedan are all the same … i compared all 3

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:18 AM   #234
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I'm not sure if this has been posted in here, but 370Z axles are 30 spline on the hub side and can be used with Z32/Q45 hubs.

Also Weir has finally released their chromoly Z33 conversion stubs, which are really nice. Unfortunately they're behind the times and I've only seen pictures on instagram so I can't easily upload one here.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #235
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
yes . axles from z33 and g35 coupe / sedan are all the same … i compared all 3
Thank you

Msglength
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #236
Mobne

How much axle in and out play is necessary to prevent overcompression/extension?

If you loosen the cv axle nut you can measure the play.

I’m currently on 15mm on the right side and 12mm on the left with 0-1degree camber.

Can anyone confirm if this is enough? Or what is the guideline on the in and out axle play.

350z diff and 350z cv axles on s14 subframe.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #237
Mobne

Can anyone check this for me?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #238
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I don't think anyone has really established a tolerance for axle plunge. Just that you don't want it to sit static at either end of it's range. Hard to say what is safe.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:32 AM   #239
Mobne

It should be pretty easy to check. Just loosen the cv axle nut and se how much in and out play it t is.

Please help me out!
Old 01-18-2019, 01:15 AM   #240
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
s13 chassis and subframe. nismo lca. voodo adjustable arms. 18x10.5+5 wheels running around -0.5 camber. dual caliper brackets (maybe 10mm thickness at hub). os giken lsd. weir 6 bolt conversion 29 spline diff stubs. z32 tt 31 spline (or 32 cant remember) hubs. bought some q45/z32 axles locally. they are about 10-15mm shy of bolting up. wrong axles? need axle spacers? did i forget something?