Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Japan 日本

Old 05-14-2014, 04:50 AM   #121
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awase is actually still hoppin', I hear them from my balcony nearly every night. Such much JZ noise.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #122
Misawatwotone

Trader Rating: (1)
Misawatwotone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey all, just joined zilvia here earlier this month. my second trip in misawa and just looking to get together with othe silvia guys in the area!
Misawatwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:12 AM   #123
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anyone at Yokota AB? 2t2?

PCS'ing there in October. Trying to get some info on prices for 180sx type x's over there??
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #124
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Depends on where or who you get them.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #125
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Depends on where or who you get them.
Any advice on getting one? Trying to plan this out ahead of time.

Was gonna contact Jesse Streeter to see if he could source one out for me but have gone thru with it yet.

Also, do you have an idea of what they go for over there, price wise?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #126
Russ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post

PCS'ing there in October. Trying to get some info on prices for 180sx type x's over there??
ill be there in Sept
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 AM   #127
stk910

Trader Rating: (0)
stk910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Also, do you have an idea of what they go for over there, price wise?
Search for 180sx type X on here:

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/php/search/summary.php

As you can see, it really depends on the km's and mods it has.

If you buy through private party, auction, or from someone on the base, it is usually a few thousand cheaper than through a used car dealer like those listed on Goo-net.
stk910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #128
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stk910 View Post
Search for 180sx type X on here:

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/php/search/summary.php

As you can see, it really depends on the km's and mods it has.

If you buy through private party, auction, or from someone on the base, it is usually a few thousand cheaper than through a used car dealer like those listed on Goo-net.
Seem pretty pricey on there but thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-09-2014, 04:54 AM   #129
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:

Fellow porter myself here, i'm down in Kadena.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #130
Island_DC5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Island_DC5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

I work with 2T2s here at yokota. Whats your sqd? And a nice type x will cost you decent, ive seen mint ones out here owned by locals. You can find a 180 however for pretty cheap. Yokota youll wAnt to go thru a military guy, auctions, or ruby. If you go thru ruby youll need to know whAt youre looking at cuz he doesnt know shit about condition, but he can get you a good price. Check yokotaads.com ruby posts his cars there. Auctions are good too but youll need a contact to buy from there. Just have 5k ready to go id say and you can get you something decent.
Island_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:10 AM   #131
Houseof1817
Zilvia Junkie

Houseof1817 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Seem pretty pricey on there but thanks for the heads up!
Hey man! Don't stress out looking for a chassis quite yet. 180's are sort of picky to get ahold of. Once you get here if you really just need to get a temporary car go to Ruby. I wouldn't quite suggest trying to obtain your 180 thru him though. Try KidsHeart,Carkoubou,Accurate basically any tuner-type shop in hopes of scoring something good.
Houseof1817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #132
TWest
Leaky Injector

TWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got to Misawa. Already saw a ton of skylines/S15s/FDs etc on base so I know there's some of you on here lol
Old 07-29-2014, 04:31 AM   #133
Misawatwotone

Trader Rating: (1)
Misawatwotone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
Just got to Misawa. Already saw a ton of skylines/S15s/FDs etc on base so I know there's some of you on here lol
yeah man currently deployed. but when i get back im going hard on my baby
Misawatwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #134
joeapple8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
joeapple8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
This might be the wrong place to ask, but if I wanted to join the the forces to expand my experience in network operations, administration, and IT which branch would be the best of my choices and how would I land my ass in Japan? any help is appreciated, I'm thinking long and hard about my life... I think it's that point where I need to pick up and go, or stay here and be stuck in this point of life.
joeapple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #135
Russ
Zilvia Member

Russ is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like you'd want to be a 3D1X2 - Cyber Transport

Chances are you won't get an assignment to Japan right out of tech school. I did, but I think that was just dumb luck. So it's possible, but improbable.

Best bet would be to volunteer for a short tour in Korea(Osan AB, preferably). This will not guarantee your next follow-on assignment will be the one of the ones you asked for but it bumps you up on the priority list during the assignment selection process. This is how I secured my second tour in Japan.

I am AF so I can't speak for the other services.
This is first hand experience.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #136
gaijindrift

gaijindrift is an unknown quantity at this point
still in Misawa since '03!!! I work at the MDG!
gaijindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:11 PM   #137
gaijindrift

gaijindrift is an unknown quantity at this point
speaking of which, are you back in Japan Razz?
gaijindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 04:23 PM   #138
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_DC5 View Post
I work with 2T2s here at yokota. Whats your sqd? And a nice type x will cost you decent, ive seen mint ones out here owned by locals. You can find a 180 however for pretty cheap. Yokota youll wAnt to go thru a military guy, auctions, or ruby. If you go thru ruby youll need to know whAt youre looking at cuz he doesnt know shit about condition, but he can get you a good price. Check yokotaads.com ruby posts his cars there. Auctions are good too but youll need a contact to buy from there. Just have 5k ready to go id say and you can get you something decent.
Selling all my stuff here and my 180sx project here so should have more than enough saved by the time I get out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseof1817 View Post
Hey man! Don't stress out looking for a chassis quite yet. 180's are sort of picky to get ahold of. Once you get here if you really just need to get a temporary car go to Ruby. I wouldn't quite suggest trying to obtain your 180 thru him though. Try KidsHeart,Carkoubou,Accurate basically any tuner-type shop in hopes of scoring something good.
Found some clean ones, but they're pricey. Was going to see if I could get someone out there to look at one for me before I actually get over there. Probably do that when its closer to my pcs date.Also, not actually sure how long i'll be there yet. Trying to plan it out so I get the newest car possible that I could bring back.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #139
MULE10

MULE10 is an unknown quantity at this point
What's going on brothers? Any 11B over in Japan? Shout out from Florida.
MULE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:41 AM   #140
turbronegro
Zilvia Junkie

turbronegro is an unknown quantity at this point
Any of you guys can source me a Toyota 4-VU engine haha
turbronegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #141
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
Not a whole lot of ppl on here from Misawa. maybe 2 other ppl.. (if that)About 90% of GT-R owners in Misawa are Band Wagoners. Very sad and depressing
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-21-2014 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Terminology
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #142
MULE10

MULE10 is an unknown quantity at this point
It would be the fan boys that get to enjoy that beautiful machine
MULE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #143
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
Not a whole lot of ppl on here from Misawa. maybe 2 other ppl.. (if that)About 90% of GT-R owners in Misawa are Fanboi's. Very sad and depressing
Why are you calling yourself a fanboy Pat?

Not all of them are fanboys, I imagine a few are "entrepreneurs" since they think they'll make lots of money on them, when they try to sell them stateside.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #144
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Why are you calling yourself a fanboy Pat?

Not all of them are fanboys, I imagine a few are "entrepreneurs" since they think they'll make lots of money on them, when they try to sell them stateside.
Damn it, it was 7:00am when I wrote that. What I ment to say was Band Wagoner, cuz none of these ppl know anything about skylines or even how to work on the car they just know them from F&F movies. Ive had to fix a few of them and tell them how to do stuff or how it works.

Saldy im pretty much the most modded GT-R on base that wasnt bought that way.

yeah thats about 60% of the ppl that bought them hoping to make a quick buck and they still owe a shit ton of money on them
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 08-21-2014 at 10:01 PM..
Old 08-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #145
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Well see how flooded the US market will be with R32 GTRs in the next year or so. I see the supply coming in pretty constant and the demand going down the shitter since nobody has $15-20K cash to drop on a 25 yr old car. USAA will tell me to go fuck off if I try to get a loan for one.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #146
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Anyone have an idea how much shipping/customs fees blah blah blah would cost for a 25 yr old car?

Debating on just getting a chaser or s15, paying a company to hold it when i leave and ship it when it hits 25 yrs instead of buying a 180sx like i had planned.

Thoughts?

As of right now ill be able to ship a car with a build date of 11/1992.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #147
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Bump will arrive at Yokota the 19th
Old 11-04-2014, 08:01 PM   #148
nissan180sxer
Zilvia Junkie

nissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura aboutnissan180sxer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Anyone have an idea how much shipping/customs fees blah blah blah would cost for a 25 yr old car?

Debating on just getting a chaser or s15, paying a company to hold it when i leave and ship it when it hits 25 yrs instead of buying a 180sx like i had planned.

Thoughts?

I've always thought it was free when we PCS?
nissan180sxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:20 AM   #149
BannisteR

BannisteR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan180sxer View Post
I've always thought it was free when we PCS?
Depending on if you have a car in storage already, but if you plan ahead you can have them ship for free for you. I'm taking full advantage of this in a few months with my '89 K's
Old 11-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #150
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:

Thoughts?

So if you buy an S15 you are gonna pay a company to store a car for 10 years? you will be paying more for storage then what the car is worth. And id find it hard to believe you could find a friend that would let you store it at their place for 10 years. and you'd be in the same boat depending on what model Chaser you buy.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp