Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
jzxfanboy
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (0)
jzxfanboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Don't want to be a teacher forever..

Hey guys, how are you all doing? Maybe I'll get flamed for this since I'm still new and the topic isn't to uplifting. Well, he goes. Recently, I've had some change in thoughts. My biggest dream was to move and live in Japan. I had already accomplished this 4 years ago. Next year marks my 5th year. I've been teaching English these past 4 years. It's a great job and the children are great. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants an entrance at living in Japan. However, I've recently felt that I don't want to be teaching English forever. I wish there was more to life besides just teaching English in Japan. I've been looking at other job opportunities, but it's quite difficult for me since I can't read or write Japanese. I can only fluently speak the language.

The next thing at came to mind, as a car enthusiast and lover was doing some sort of car related business. I thought this would be fun a very motivating since I love JDM cars and parts. As you can see my user name is jzxfanboy because I really am a JZX fan. I've owned two since I moved here. My heart will always be s-chassis though. Back home I've always been into 240's.

A few weeks ago I had the most amazing experience, I went to USS Tokyo which is an auction location. It was crazy seeing such a huge amount of beautiful condition cars. What surprised me more so was that these good quality cars would go down the line half price from what the dealerships would be selling them. My friend who has been doing an import business for nearly 20 years asked me about sending cars or parts to the US. I told him I have no clue and no idea if that would even be ideal to do a business since there is so much competition in the US. He has provided me with a 20 and 40 foot container, but I have no confidence in starting this business. I'm sure many of the companies in the US have their contacts and trusted co-partnerships, especially companies that have been doing a parts business for 20 years or more.

Anyway, this question in my head just keeps coming around about doing a parts/car shipping business. I would love to do this kind of job since it's my type of field compared to teaching English forever. Also, I would love to go and find parts and cars for people who share the same passion as I do.

Anyone have any ideas of a cool job that might be worth trying to apply for besides teaching English? I know it sound funny asking that. Well, if anybody is planning a trip or plans to come to see Japan, I'll be more than willing to show you around. Keep it peaceful guys. Thanks for reading my thoughts. If anyone has questions about Japan, I'd love to talk about it also. Take it easy guys.

Sean
jzxfanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
That is quite disappointing to hear.

I was told by someone that Japan is a "Gateway" to people's passions such as being a dancer or DJ after he met someone who moved to Japan to teach as a means to an end, but was really there to chase his dreams. That person most likely worked hard for it and it probably wasn't as easy as it seemed (put in more time after his teaching job).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
The import gig sounds like an amazing opportunity. So many of us let fear of failure paralyze us from realizing our dreams. Here you have someone who is willing to even help you get started... You already took the leap of faith and moved to Japan. Take another leap, man and just try it. Do your homework. Get prepared, take a car at it and give your Zilvia bros the homie hookup...lol... If you fail, so what? Bounce back and come harder next time.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 PM   #4
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Sounds like you already know the answer. Go for it.

Don't worry about the competition. They are mediocre at best. Look at some sales seminars and training material to hone your skills. I recommend Grant Cardone to get you started.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:38 AM   #5
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
Already banned from the marketplace. Probably not a good thing if you want to sling parts.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #6
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Hey check your email associated with your Zilvia acct
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
jammartinez760

jammartinez760 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes same here, I fully understand you
Old 09-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #8
adamt1026

adamt1026 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tour Guide maybe?
adamt1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Failure is honestly the only way to learn of how NOT to do something. Its kind of like when I started investing my money; no fucking clue. I'm over here thinking i needed a sizeable chuck of money set aside to do it when in reality..you really don't.

Talk to your friend, discuss doing this on the weekends or as a part time thing, nothing crazy initially. Be analytical with how you'd go about doing it and develop a business model once you've tried it out fro a month or so. If you can project your potential earnings from doing it and it makes sense..the only thing left would be making the jump.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote