Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:54 PM   #1
soundbwoy

Trader Rating: (0)
soundbwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB NEO crew

hi guys, it seems like the neo's are becoming more popular and available and it seems like theres not much documentation on them as compared to the the s1 and s2 editions. i thought it might be a good idea to make a thread for us guys working with these to share information, as there are a number of small differences between the newer motors that you will come across when working with them. if its cool with the mods lets keep this thread going for q/a and post up anything you come across so we can all be baller neo crew next season!
soundbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
soundbwoy

Trader Rating: (0)
soundbwoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ok so i'll get this thing going. i recently picked up an awd neo from a stagea, i think its at round 135k but not too sure. the first major difference about this motor is that because it was in an awd car the oilpan had to be modded, as the front axles go through it to connect to the front diff. the fella i bought it off had already welded up the holes and done some grinding to remove the excess metal on the oil pan but i will go back over it and clean it up. i'll post up a picture soon when i get the motor flipped over.

the next thing i noticed is that the intake manifold had a large number of vacuum / air lines connected and runs the air pipe over the motor. i am going to go with a freddy intake so i pulled the whole thing, however there are still some water and air lines to be dealt with. i suspect a number of these lines will end up getting deleted eventually, and will post up my results after i get my hands on it and do the install.

the third thing i noticed is that the stagea version does not seem to have the oil cooler built in to the filter mount, which i found odd as i read that all the neo's have this. its not going to be an issue as i am going to run an external, but from what i have been told from a fellow dorifto the rb25 tends to run hot on the oil temp, especially in a s13.

Later this week i will start tearing into the wiring harness, which looks to have a lot of excess wires in there related to the awd / tcs components ( i think ? )

finally i'll end off with a question, i know a lot of guys like to run the big intercoolers but i'd like to start off with a small one, as i'll run the stock turbo at first until i set up the ems ( planning on going apex pfc ). anyone feel like commenting on minimum safe size for a street car with occasional drift / drag use?

i also have the r34 / r33 workshop mans translated if anyone needs it ill post it up, its pretty easy to find though.
cheers!
soundbwoy is offline   Reply With Quote