Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
S13adin

Trader Rating: (0)
S13adin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ka24de turbo?

So i have a ka24de swap in my car that has 75,000 miles on it and is still running strong, i dont have the money for an a better engine swap but i want to turbo it, is it worth it for the money? I know one or two other people with turboed ka's but most people say just do an sr swap. From what ive read the ka can produce plenty of horsepower for what im interested in doing.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
mathewsr20
Leaky Injector

mathewsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
alot of people have problems with this dont worry about it. For me my decision was made on if i can afford to have the downtime changing ka engines or not, I dont want to give the impression the sr20 wont blow up, it happens all the time, however!... i personally feel that the ka24 is a gamble, but thats just me, if you have the time to swap in ka24's if your turbo build blows and are mechanically able to do so then it might be a little cheaper. It all depends, the sr20 gives me slightly more peace of mind, and i have a history of working, driving, problem solving with them, so my choice was easy. either way try not to be cheap, if you need to wait a couple months for the right parts do it, you wont regret it
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
mmmS13
Leaky Injector

mmmS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
It all depends on how much money you want to put into it and how much power your looking to make. If you do it right it is well worth it

Some helpful links

www.ka-t.org :: View topic - Sticky: DOHC Turbo For Dummies

Also, if your curious. My little build, high mileage KA-T

www.ka-t.org :: View topic - mmmS13's Backwards build.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #4
S13adin

thanks

yeah im not doing ebay parts thats for sure, eventually i want a swap but for now this should be good, i plan on keeping a turbo safe and not running more than what the engine is meant to handle, for what im doing right now it should give me plenty of horsepower and torque
Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
milto0n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
milto0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The great thing about boosting a ka is how you can work your way up to it. For example, you can start off by installing gauges and upgraded fuel components (pump and regulator) before even slapping on a turbo. In addition, you can simply piece things together instead of dropping over 2g's on a swap at once. Since finances seem to be an issue, you'll probably be going the 370cc, t25, n60 mafs route which is super cheap and easy to find. But before doing any of that, look into the websites mmms13 provided and really educate yourself on boost.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
S13adin

Yeah those links will be really helpful, this is my first build so i will be using that page alot
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
OrangeVirus1
BANNED

OrangeVirus1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I never could understand why someone would want to drop a bunch of $$ under their hood, esp some parts that could potential blow a new breather hole in the block, when thier finances aren't in order.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
search. this has been discussed a billion times before

this before it turns into a KA-T vs SR thread.

xquizitditz
Closed Thread