Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #1
SOLDIER [X]
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SOLDIER [X] is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hud Change Help

So i just got a newer hud from one of the zilvia members on here. however my problem is i don't know how to get about installing it. I did search but all i found was basically parts needed for the install and not the install itself. Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to get the bezel off and basically get to the back of the cluster? I searched using "HUD Install" and variations but didn't find anything. Thanks again
SOLDIER [X] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2005, 08:18 PM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For S13, since you didn't specify:

The bezel comes off fairly easily. There are 2 phillips head screws in the top of the bezel surround. Remove those and un-plug all the wires plugged in to you bezel surround switches (i.e. headlight open switch, cruise switches, rear window defogger, and hazard lights switch) then remove the surround. Now remove the 10mm bolts holding the lower dash piece on, and remove it. Now to make removing the bezel easier you can remove the 2 12mm bolts that hold up the steering column. This will give you a few more inches to work with. Now CAREFULLY pull the bezel trim out exposing the Gauge Cluster. There are 3 more phillips head screws securing the Gauge Cluster to the car. Remove those and pull the Cluster out, unplugging the 3 harness plugs in the back of the Cluster. Now if you are installing a HUD set-up, you will need to remove the dash to get to the wiring harness to remove it and plug the HUD harness into the dash harness. If you've figured out how to get the Cluster out now, then removing the rest of the dash shouldn't be too hard.

Hope this helps, if not, please be more specific with your question and terminology next time.