Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-29-2014, 12:56 PM   #3121
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
For those of you running open wheel wells (cut for tubs but no tubs). How's that working for ya? I rub and would just like to cut the wheel wells but don't have the money/resources to tub at the moment and would just leave them open. Would the bay get super dirty? I daily my s14 and it rains quite a bit here in Failorida
It is stupid enough on a track car, do not do it on a daily car. Most people who tried it end up having to do tubs after all.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2014, 12:58 PM   #3122
Hiighboost2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (32)
Hiighboost2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hiighboost2
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
For those of you running open wheel wells (cut for tubs but no tubs). How's that working for ya? I rub and would just like to cut the wheel wells but don't have the money/resources to tub at the moment and would just leave them open. Would the bay get super dirty? I daily my s14 and it rains quite a bit here in Failorida
Just get a bigger hammer and bang harder.

Instagram @hiighboost @iasperformance
Hiighboost2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #3123
QFabMotorsports

Trader Rating: (0)
QFabMotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
QFab Motorsports sponsored Pro Amateur drift car in the works. Come a long way but still have a lot to do...hoping to be able to record and share first startup videos this coming weekend.

Personal build that was traded and parted out by the last owner...this one put me on the map. Every swap component was hand made by me and a friend except for the driveshaft.

A friend's built SR20det/Holset HX40 setup in his S13. All electrical work done by me.

A friend's VH45 swapped Sil coupe, all built and wired in house using Mazworx swap components.

A friend's low 10/high 9 second 2G DSM. All electrical work done by me.

facebook.com/QFabMotorsports IG:@QFabMotorsports
QFabMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #3124
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
I'd love to see more of that VH Silvia. I'm curious about the hood and exhaust clearance.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #3125
QFabMotorsports

I don't think the correct word is "clearance", unless you're discussing a severe lack of it. The structure under the hood was removed and there is still a need for a 1" spacer due to the massive plenum. The fitment of the headers is actually fantastic, besides the fact that the passenger header hangs almost an inch lower than the driver's side, and this car in particular is slammed on its nuts. I should be able to snag some current photos in the next week or two.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 PM   #3126
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Come up here and build a new harness for me <3
Old 07-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #3127
QFabMotorsports

Don't threaten me with a good time haha. I need to make a trip soon.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:34 AM   #3128
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I'd love to see more of that VH Silvia. I'm curious about the hood and exhaust clearance.
Hood clearance does not exist with a VH45. You either:

1. Run Spacers = Ghetto
2. Cut a big hole or multiples. Yes some VH swappers let the intake manifold and some other parts poke through their hood. = Ghetto
3. Run a custom hood, cowl, vent etc. Even the origin hood wouldn't work. = Ghetto

I did option #3 when I was VH, now I hate it as it serves no purpose on my LS swap. My VH lasted 100 miles before it blew and I fucked up an awesome brand new chargespeed hood to make the custom hood. But at least I had no parts sticking out or hood spacers.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:31 PM   #3129
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Or you can space down the crossmember.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:45 PM   #3130
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Or you can space down the crossmember.

would there be any down side for this?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #3131
quickdiversion
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
quickdiversion is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The hood issue might be bad with the mazworks mounts.

A friend of mine and I built a joint drift machine with this motor we used wes q45 adaptor plate, with the excessive mounts. The excessive mounts sit much lower and give you side to side adjustment for the rack pinion. We cut some of the hood webbing out and 1 1/4 hood spacers and it closes fine. No issues.

As for the guy who said this motor sucks and blew it in 100 miles and went ls1. I'm sure the ls1 is great but the vh45 is no slouch. He beats the ever living piss out of this motor to 7k in 2nd and 3rd all day at events. Its a 94, non-siamease port with 56k miles on it. We did nothing to the motor but drop it in and headers. Plus it sounds amazing, much louder and nastier than any ls I have seen on the street or track. It is a solid motor if you take care of it. I mean the thing comes stock with 6 bolt mains. You never find that on an ls.

So yeah. My experiences with it all.
quickdiversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #3132
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
would there be any down side for this?
It would affect the front suspension geometry, but no worse than excessively lowering the car, and it can always be corrected with aftermarket parts.
The main downside is that it would bring the crossmember that much closer to the ground. But if you only need a centimeter or two to get the hood with the bracing already cut out to clear, it should be alright.
Or you could lower the motor mount seats on the crossmember. Just get the motor as low as possible, depending on how much room it has above the steering rack. Possibly also lower the steering rack if necessary. As long as you know someone who can weld the crossmember, the possibilities open up.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:49 AM   #3133
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It would affect the front suspension geometry, but no worse than excessively lowering the car, and it can always be corrected with aftermarket parts.
The main downside is that it would bring the crossmember that much closer to the ground. But if you only need a centimeter or two to get the hood with the bracing already cut out to clear, it should be alright.
Or you could lower the motor mount seats on the crossmember. Just get the motor as low as possible, depending on how much room it has above the steering rack. Possibly also lower the steering rack if necessary. As long as you know someone who can weld the crossmember, the possibilities open up.

Lots of ways to do it. I was more looking into the easy basic way to do it.
I think the best way to do it if you don't want spacing the hood is to notch the top part of the tarantula intake manifold.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:48 AM   #3134
niscur29
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
niscur29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdiversion View Post
The hood issue might be bad with the mazworks mounts.

A friend of mine and I built a joint drift machine with this motor we used wes q45 adaptor plate, with the excessive mounts. The excessive mounts sit much lower and give you side to side adjustment for the rack pinion. We cut some of the hood webbing out and 1 1/4 hood spacers and it closes fine. No issues.

As for the guy who said this motor sucks and blew it in 100 miles and went ls1. I'm sure the ls1 is great but the vh45 is no slouch. He beats the ever living piss out of this motor to 7k in 2nd and 3rd all day at events. Its a 94, non-siamease port with 56k miles on it. We did nothing to the motor but drop it in and headers. Plus it sounds amazing, much louder and nastier than any ls I have seen on the street or track. It is a solid motor if you take care of it. I mean the thing comes stock with 6 bolt mains. You never find that on an ls.

So yeah. My experiences with it all.
Reading isn't ur strength is it. I don't believe I stated a vh45 sucks. I simply stated mine, which was used with extremely low miles I.e. almost new, blew before I had put 100 miles on a 6k swap. I used the entire xcessive kit so I think I have more then enough time money and effort to know that the hood don't close. The xcessive mounts aim the motor towards the passenger side of the car. They don't offer any steering rack adjustment whatsoever as the rack is fixed to the crossmember by the two brackets that hold it on. Headers determine steering clearance on a vh swap not the mounts/block. Mazwox headers fit and clear just fine with xcessive mount. Yes the xcessive mounts have some slotted holes that allow a very finite amount of wiggle room but not much. They also dip the motor severely on the passenger side requiring shims to level it. This has been veried by several of us on v8nissans.

You cut the webbing and still added 1.25" spacers. So your drift machines hood still don't close! Adding spacers doesn't qualify as "dat shit werks bro" it's fucking ghetto

btw, the ls comes with 6 bolt mains on EVERY version of the block from 4.8l iron blocks to the ls7. Know your shit before you spout stupid on the interwebs.
niscur29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:15 PM   #3135
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #3136
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Wow. A simple question that should have been a simple answer and we've got people flaming and dick measuring. The VH is fine and so is the LS. Totally different price points and builds.

I've seen people with unmodified cross members and custom mounts with ok hood clearance. I was hoping that if this guy's was good they had pictures of how they achieved it. Both the Mazworx and Xcessive kits seem to suck in the mount department.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:15 AM   #3137
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Absolutely fucking gorgeous
Bullitt_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #3138
_kouki_monster_
Leaky Injector

_kouki_monster_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats probably the best looking 300zx bay ever!!! They are normally super cluttered.
_kouki_monster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 AM   #3139
eastcoaststeeze
Zilvia Member

eastcoaststeeze is an unknown quantity at this point

my work in progress, almost ready for paint
eastcoaststeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #3140
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Daigo's new Mark II
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:16 PM   #3141
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX

Old 08-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #3142
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by QFabMotorsports View Post
A friend's built SR20det/Holset HX40 setup in his S13. All electrical work done by me.

[/IMG]
Seems like your friend is in the same boat as me. Big turbo with little sidefeed injectors. limiting the potential of our engines.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #3143
AngeloAJC
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
AngeloAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
AngeloAJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #3144
iBelarryfool

iBelarryfool is an unknown quantity at this point
All these look awesome! heres my old one.. ill post my new set up soon!

iBelarryfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #3145
TwoForDeh
Zilvia Junkie

TwoForDeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Buddy started filler work today, should be painted this weekend. It's going to be Valencia orange from the BMW 1M with additional flake. Exterior of the car is metallic white with gold flake.

This is my RB that will be offsetting the orange (I'll finish putting it together this weekend)
TwoForDeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:27 AM   #3146
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
my turd:

ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #3147
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 08-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #3148
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #3149
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
^^wowwwwwwwwwww

slowly getting better...
Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #3150
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Brotary Grunter w/flex juice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First Track 2 Mazfest 2014.jpg (125.2 KB, 69 views)