Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Which bike? Hmmmmmm
2008 Suzuki Gsx-r 56 30.43%
2008 Yamaha R1 50 27.17%
2008 Honda Cbr-rr 29 15.76%
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 26 14.13%
Other bikes 23 12.50%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #61
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG_RPS13 View Post
The K8 600 and 750 gixxers also have the suzuki mode selector switch which would make it ideal if you are starting out as well.

So get the 750 and start off on C mode. That way you will have a fairly "civil" introduction and as your skills improve you can work your way up to A mode. The modern 750 gixxer is about as quick as the older generation R1's so it's by no means a "small" bike. And it comes in that fantastic burnt orange.

I've said this in every post but here goes again. Do get some rider and track training. Too many guys die cause they don't know how to react in an emergency. Swerving, proper braking, proper cornering and general bike-sense (especially since you'll be commuting) are things you need to be taught. And I'm not talking about some random bar talk about bikes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on in the end.

A lot of Euro-spec bikes have mode selectors to curtail excessive power for new riders. Unfortunately most of those features don't carrry over to the power-hungry US market.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 09:12 AM   #62
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I would not buy a BRAND new bike for your first bike. I would get a used bike for 3-4k and get comfortable riding. IF you are already comfortable riding or dont care. You might want to check into Ducati. Expensive.. Sure.. But they ARE worth it in my opinion.. the recently discontinued..999r or 999s are fuckin bad ass machines...

But of the list i chose the cbr... gorgeous..
Old 06-30-2008, 03:07 AM   #63
Modrified
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Modrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of lightModrified is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
this here is my opinion and from experience. you'll probably not going to take it because deep inside you know which bike to get.

when i first got into bikes, the first ones i look at are the 1000cc bikes and above - and yes including the hayabusa. Because haha they are the top bikes to get, and ego kinda played into it to. 1000cc bikes are too much if you never riden one before. if you get the hang of it very quickly then kudos for you i guess. start with a used bike. you might think it will be very unlikely for you to drop it, but the chances of you dropping it are actually pretty good. if you're into going fast, 600cc bikes can go very fast.

starting at a lower cc is a very good idea. but sometimes people get used to it pretty fast and would go to a higher cc pretty quickly. best thing to do is go to bike dealers and get on the bikes or better yet if you have friends that let you try them that would be the best to go. hope you get the bike that you like. good luck.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #64
an_orange_s2k
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
an_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond reputean_orange_s2k has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
if i had a choice id get a yamaha. the r6 raven is the hottest bike out rite now in the states. just be careful bro.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 110KB.
the raven is sex on 2 wheels...
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #65
nismo tuned s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her selfnismo tuned s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrG_RPS13 View Post
The K8 600 and 750 gixxers also have the suzuki mode selector switch which would make it ideal if you are starting out as well.

So get the 750 and start off on C mode. That way you will have a fairly "civil" introduction and as your skills improve you can work your way up to A mode. The modern 750 gixxer is about as quick as the older generation R1's so it's by no means a "small" bike. And it comes in that fantastic burnt orange.

I've said this in every post but here goes again. Do get some rider and track training. Too many guys die cause they don't know how to react in an emergency. Swerving, proper braking, proper cornering and general bike-sense (especially since you'll be commuting) are things you need to be taught. And I'm not talking about some random bar talk about bikes.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on in the end.
well my price range for a bike is around 4k. so if i got anything bigger than the 250r it will have to be used. i think a used cbr600 wouldnt be that bad.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:35 AM   #66
jsasrsr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
jsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of lightjsasrsr is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jsasrsr
please for your own good, dont buy a ducati or another italian bike.. sure they are great...............when they run! my first and only bike was a used ducati that i thought i got the best deal ever on... damn it was an 03, and it would never start... always stalled, especially in heavy traffic for some reason, and repairs are more than ridiculous...

cant go wrong with a ninja or possibly a gixxer, although EVERYONE has one..possibly even an r6.. stay away from honda.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #67
tulsa240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tulsa240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
my best friend just bought an 07 cbr600rr and I can tell you that bike is fast and handles amazing I had an r6 but sold it die to funds for the 240, but once my 240 is complete and I look at getting a new bike im gonna look at the 07' and up cbr600rr, they are the fastest bike in its class and they handle amazingly. thats what I have to say and ps I would take it over an r6 any day
Old 07-06-2008, 02:04 AM   #68
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Buy whatever the fuck you want. Its your money. Any of those bikes will blow your mind with their performance. some more than others, but as long as you have the one you want, you will be happy with it.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #69
norbac
Zilvia Member

norbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant futurenorbac has a brilliant future
what are the insurance costs on these bikes?
Old 07-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #70
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
why do people think that 08 models are the best in overall performance?

I had the opputunity to get all those bikes listed.

I chose a 2002 Honda 954RR.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #71
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
After owning many many bikes, and including a 05 r1, a 02 r6, a built zx7r, cbr900rr, 2 cbr 929rrs, etc.

I can honestly say the 929rr was the best on the street for fun factor, power delivery, and ease of killing yourself.

On the track is another story though.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #72
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
^Yea.

Very true. I have nothing but positive comments regaurding the 929rr.

Great power delivery mid range!

Hows the r1? Lets ride!

skeet skeet.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #73
blu808
Post Whore!

Im down for a ride. You should roll down to my shop, then we could ride around the mountains.

What are you riding now anyways?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #74
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

2002 Honda CBR 954RR.

I'll be worked this whole week at the construction site...and with parting out my coupe.

Next week we'll go ride...and eat afterwards.

Drew you in?

Old 07-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #75
blv2xlr8
Leaky Injector

blv2xlr8 is on the path to ruinblv2xlr8 is on the path to ruin
I debated getting the daytona 675. I love the exposed frame and it reminds of the ducatis.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:17 PM   #76
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an 2006 R6 50th anniversary Limited Edition...

If its your first bike, i would recommend a ninja 250, looks good and gets pretty gas mileage...You are looking at 1000's and that is a very very bad idea, wich can only lead to you getting hurt or you killing urself...

But if you had to choose, I would wait for 2009 R1, wich is redone, stronger and faster ... Its already creating the buzz that it will out do the honda cbr 1000...
Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 AM   #77
SR_Elliott24
Leaky Injector

SR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enoughSR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enoughSR_Elliott24 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SR_Elliott24
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
Some people just need to learn the hard way
Hell yeah. My friend got a hayabusa for his first bike. Crashed it twice within 2 months of each other.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #78
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways View Post
2002 Honda CBR 954RR.

I'll be worked this whole week at the construction site...and with parting out my coupe.

Next week we'll go ride...and eat afterwards.

Drew you in?

I'll be down for a ride when i get my bike.. Everything was going good using my friends 250 but he took it to school cause his car broke so he came and picked it up.. Next thing i know I'm getting a call from him telling me to pick him up at the hospital. He got cut off by a g35 and he went over a lane and a car speeding clipped him, so the bike is done. He can't even drive his 240 anymore, Not for like 3 months! I've done lots of research and thinking.. I think I'm gonna pick up a 08 Kawi zx-6r. Hear lots of good things about it and i really like the styling, Hear it's nice and stable for the street.. If i don't get a 08 I'm gonna get a 04 Gixxer 750.. So yea ill be down for a ride up in nor-cal, I'm gonna be going up there alot seeing as that's where my Lady is
Old 07-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #79
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

werd playa.

(510)712-9688

Holla when your up north.

thats a longggg ride...get an ipod setup or something to keep you company.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #80
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
noname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I sold my R1 last month. That bike was awesome. I really miss it, but for some reason I thought I needed 2 s13's...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #81
posdriftin
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
posdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond reputeposdriftin has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i just bought 01 f4i for 2k... ok bike to start on..
Old 07-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #82
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by posdriftin View Post
i just bought 01 f4i for 2k... ok bike to start on..

damm right, one of my all time fav bikes.. that bike came with the passenger seat if im correct, and the tourque that monster carries is bad ass for a small bike...GL and dont forget to respect the bike..
Old 07-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #83
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways View Post
werd playa.

(510)712-9688

Holla when your up north.

thats a longggg ride...get an ipod setup or something to keep you company.

Fo sho!! Yea it's going to be a long ass ride.. The first time my back and legs will be sore as fuck,balls probly numb but i will get used to it after like 3-5 times.. Ill probly be stuck in riding position the first time hahaha. A few friends of mine have a bet going around that i won't get a bike cause they think my lady has me She said i can't get one.. So I'm gonna win like $60. I'm already getting a ipod set-up.. Mixture of music.. Trance,techno,electro,All sorts of rock,couple rap songs ye know
Old 07-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #84
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Hahaha.

I got a friend who's mom said..if he gets a bike he's getting kicked outta the house.

His girlfriend also says, if he gets a bike she's leaving his ass.

fail! lmao.

my balls always get numb after 30 mins of riding.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #85
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

Hhaha my mom just said she will sabotage it if it's ever on her property.... I gotta hurry and get another job! First pay check I'm going down to berts mega mall and picking up meh bike.I could get it now but i would be out of money in a few months(Extra savings i have left over) That's what I'm living off of right now
Old 07-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #86
noname7198
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
noname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to beholdnoname7198 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My mom also said I couldn't live at home if I bought a bike. When I got my first bike I made a deal with her, I agreed to go to church with her on Sunday's and pray for safety. I've now had 3 bikes, never crashed (which is impressive considering all the really stupid stuff I used to do). Also, I met a pretty cute girl there last summer...
Closed Thread