Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:59 AM   #1
sr vegas 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sr vegas 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
built sr20

As the title states im building my 1st sr20 as a matter of fact first ever engine build, i've rebuilt few engines to oem spec but never forged engine.
My plan is to run e85, i still have a gen 2 gtx2867r its currently for sale but no buyers yet, i'm trying to go up to a gtx2917r but probably wont happen, so i'll most likely be on gtx2867r and hopping to get 430-440whp or how much i get at 28psi which is max efficiency of the turbo.
Block is bored .040" over i have brian crower 625+ rods, je asymmetrical pistons with upgraded wrist pins, crank is polished, will be using king race bearings std, head gasket will be cometic mls 1mm with 87.5 bore, mazworx 1/2" headstuds, ACL oil pump, and off course all new seals. Block is probably over built for the hp im aiming but oh well.
With all that being done to the block what else should i replace while engine is apart.
should i get new timing chain and guides?
i am getting mazworx timing chain tensioner.
The head was pressure tested and its good just getting milled, and i have a set of hks 256 vct cams for it.
Here is what i can't decide if i should get the Tomei solid lifter set up or save that money for vvl swap one day or year. vvl swap just seems too involved. I know that sr20 head ported to the max will not flow as much as vvl head so should i bother with the solid lifers or save the $$? I just pretty much answered my questions but what does everyone else think on this?

Anything else you guys suggest.
sr vegas 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2018, 06:33 PM   #2
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr vegas 240 View Post
As the title states im building my 1st sr20 as a matter of fact first ever engine build, i've rebuilt few engines to oem spec but never forged engine.
My plan is to run e85, i still have a gen 2 gtx2867r its currently for sale but no buyers yet, i'm trying to go up to a gtx2917r but probably wont happen, so i'll most likely be on gtx2867r and hopping to get 430-440whp or how much i get at 28psi which is max efficiency of the turbo.
Block is bored .040" over i have brian crower 625+ rods, je asymmetrical pistons with upgraded wrist pins, crank is polished, will be using king race bearings std, head gasket will be cometic mls 1mm with 87.5 bore, mazworx 1/2" headstuds, ACL oil pump, and off course all new seals. Block is probably over built for the hp im aiming but oh well.
With all that being done to the block what else should i replace while engine is apart.
should i get new timing chain and guides?
i am getting mazworx timing chain tensioner.
The head was pressure tested and its good just getting milled, and i have a set of hks 256 vct cams for it.
Here is what i can't decide if i should get the Tomei solid lifter set up or save that money for vvl swap one day or year. vvl swap just seems too involved. I know that sr20 head ported to the max will not flow as much as vvl head so should i bother with the solid lifers or save the $$? I just pretty much answered my questions but what does everyone else think on this?

Anything else you guys suggest.
definitely get new guides! especially if there a worn groove from the chain
Old 06-16-2018, 08:36 PM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I say if you have a question do it...then you won't worry after the fact
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #4
sr vegas 240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
sr vegas 240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I just looked at the timing chain guide and it definitely has a grove in it I'll be ordering new timing chain kit.
sr vegas 240 is offline   Reply With Quote