Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #271
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkoo View Post
Does anyone maybe knows if will fit gt2560r turbo on my stock s14 sr20det blacktop engine, the original turbo is blown and i need a new one, i got a good offer for gt2560r and i dont know if i need bigger injectors im rebuilding engine and i dont want to spend money on injectors he said i just need to change wastegate spring for 0.5 and everything will be okay. what should i do?
Yes that is the stock s15 turbo, i run the same unit on my s14 sr20det.
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 AM   #272
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintercellsz View Post
Drove fine until yesterday. Idle surges, and bogs/power loss when driving. Also dislikes cold starting.

I've changed plugs, cleaned MAF and throttle body. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
are you running BOV to atmosphere?
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #273
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
fpr maybe? also could be leaky injector or fuel pump not able to hold pressure...I sometimes have to let mine prime for a bit before starting...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #274
Splintercellsz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Splintercellsz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It turns out to have been the IACV.
I've looked all over abs couldn't find a solid answer. If I unplug the IACV, the car runs prefect. Am I able to leave it unplugged until I can purchase another IACV, or is running without it hooked up detrimental to the engine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Splintercellsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #275
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Iacv helps idle...may run rich during startup and be hard to idle...don't think will be that bad I have been looking to eliminate mine for better reliability with less sensors...
Old 07-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #276
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm posting this here for reference because I've seen a variety of S13 SR20 O2 options mentioned across the internet, but very little hard evidence.

Old stock redtop SR20DET O2 sensor vs. new '86 300ZX turbo O2 sensor (Denso 2343120, ordered from here)

^ Plugs only look different because the locking tab on my stock plug had broken off long ago.

There's no wire sleeve and the wires are shorter by a few inches, but otherwise the 300ZX sensor seems to be identical. Plugs into my SR20 harness just fine.

Also, I'm sure you could cross-reference that part number to find out what other models it came on. Likely came on the N/A ZX, and probably came on other stuff like Sentras too.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:45 AM   #277
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

I currently have a 96 maxima o2...just has longer pigtail
Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 AM   #278
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Longer pigtail is good is you're swapping and using the oem engine harness.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #279
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
I'm using the OEM harness. Despite it being a bit shorter than [what I assume to be] the stock O2 pigtail, the Z31 turbo O2 pigtail still reaches just fine.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:24 PM   #280
Millhouse

Millhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Sr20det swap/s14 auto

Hello! So I'm confused, not so much if its possible but as to what it will take, what extra things need to be done to swap an sr20det and 5speed into a 1995 s14 automatic. ive been looking into it and for the most part its one or the other in topic, I'm just curious to see of its easier to just do the sr 5 speed swap all at once instead of going in and taking the tranny apart if that tranny is going to go away anyways when i do the swap. If i removed the ac lines underneath and installed the clutch, gear boot and area for the shifter, would i need to do anything else, should i just do it all in 1 go? What else is needed that could complicate it?
Millhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:35 PM   #281
russaroll
Leaky Injector

russaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the rough
where do i attach the IVAC hose? before or after the BOV?
russaroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:30 AM   #282
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

You mean IACV?

Anywhere in the charge piping between the turbo and the throttle body. Relative placement to BOV doesn't matter.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #283
russaroll
Leaky Injector

russaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the roughrussaroll is a jewel in the rough
Yes IACV. I had a dyslexic moment.

Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
russaroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #284
MarkBasaldua

MarkBasaldua is an unknown quantity at this point
JDM Parts Request/ Supply

I am currently in Japan and am able to supply you with JDM Silvia parts (among many other makes) for a variety of models and years; Am and have been in the automotive industry and scene for many years, shop is based out of Texas; so no need to worry about purely overseas transactions with non US nationals. If you are searching for a part for that one off build that you can't seem to find or are just wanting to build something with JDM parts for the nostalgia, I will be more than willing to help you; feel free to contact me with any questions or needs.
MarkBasaldua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #285
Boinkswag

Boinkswag is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Guys, I have two questions I was hoping you could help with? I tried to search but either missed it or couldn't find it so I apologize in advance

I have a stock S14 kouki sr20det in my S13 coupe with the NA ecu. Why doesn't the ecu have the LED lights? Is it because it's an obdII year?

The other question I have is, it seems to be running really rich you can smell the fuel in the exhaust and it backfires a ton. The guy I got it from has a MAF sensor from a Nissan Pathfinder/QX4 which is a v6 engine. This must be the culprit right?

What's the best substitute maf to run on a stock S14 sr20det? Any input you'd have would be really helpful
Boinkswag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:22 PM   #286
Dmaxpilon

Dmaxpilon is an unknown quantity at this point
So I've recently picked up a rnn14 gtir motor that's in decent shape aside from a spun bearing on the main crank (guessing for a second time unless the own bearings came with 5 oiling holes). Since I'm assuming one of the original owners did the usual drift to death I'm replacing all the main bearings.

I've measured the crank X and Y axis. As well as measured the block with the caps and girdle torqued down with the bearings in and with the bearings out.

My problem is that even with the FSM math it still leaves me in the dark with actually selecting a size. (Probably going ACL or king) as this isn't going to be a high boost/ HP rebuild but will see quite a bit of time in the high end rev range in short spurts.

Anyone know a good place to start? Or just order a set with slightly less oil clearance and hope for the best on a plasti gauge double check? Access to parts up here in Ontario is pretty limited so don't really want to spend a fortune on ordering a bunch of different ones.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Dmaxpilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #287
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

iirc theres a rebuild article that goes over which size to select...seeing if you are still within oem spec ACL standard will usually cover you...if theres more wear you need to verify if you want +1...just throwing them on there will be your best way to spin again...
Old 02-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #288
Shaker.Est.84

Shaker.Est.84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have the specs for the 2 starter bolts on an S15 sr20de?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Shaker.Est.84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:32 AM   #289
BaileyTT1999

BaileyTT1999 is an unknown quantity at this point
In need of a diagram for S13 SR20DET fuse box connectors, and the KA24DE connectors diagram. S13 SR going into S14. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
BaileyTT1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #290
91jdmshtbox

91jdmshtbox is an unknown quantity at this point
SR SR20det no spark

A rocker arm exploded so I replaced the rocker arms, cams and installed rocker arm stoppers. After I had gotten everything put back together and timed correctly my car is getting 0 spark and I can't figure out why. I never unplugged any of the coilpacks so not sure what happened. I do have a apex power fc in the car but I don't think that would have done anything. Not sure what else to do so just looking for some advice on what could be the issue.
91jdmshtbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:38 PM   #291
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
U cas plugged in properly, connector is clean and free of debis and wayer
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #292
91jdmshtbox

91jdmshtbox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
U cas plugged in properly, connector is clean and free of debis and wayer
Yes, checked all that before plugging in. let it crank for about 15 seconds with no spark to see if something would happen and I got a loud backfire but there was still no spark
91jdmshtbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:47 PM   #293
S14rebuild
BANNED

S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Backfire means there is spark..
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #294
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can't backfire without spark. Sounds like the CAS is not timed correctly.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote