Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-01-2023, 03:07 PM   #1
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
J Replace Rep Metal S13 Fenders

Googling random things and this enjuku listing came up as a result:

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...9-94-left.html

"J Replace" aftermarket stamped steel OE replacement fender. Have these always been a thing and I've somehow never knew they existed? I can't find anything on them, is this something new that enjuku just snuck by us? I know a lot of cars have aftermarket Taiwanese repop fenders but to my knowledge your S13 options were always just OEM and FRP.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2023, 07:50 PM   #2
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Nice find! I think the only way to know for sure is to email enjuku and ask. I know im definitely interested. Someone here needs to be the guinea pig and test the fitment of these. But Ive never seen aftermarket metal fenders and im still skeptical
snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:30 AM   #3
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
New to me. Nice to see even though popup front fenders have never been too hard to find, nice straight ones are getting rare and I'm sure Nissan is just blowing out the last of the ones they have in Japan at this point.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 10:08 AM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
is this not the same thing Alex Chang was doing? An "aftermarket" vendor who produces NEW fenders, with nissan approval and packaging and all that?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:13 AM   #5
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
is this not the same thing Alex Chang was doing? An "aftermarket" vendor who produces NEW fenders, with nissan approval and packaging and all that?
no, nowhere near what I was doing... christ.

Mine are genuine Nissan from Nissan.

I never went through any factories, I bought direct from Nissan.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 11:16 AM   #6
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Googling random things and this enjuku listing came up as a result:

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...9-94-left.html

"J Replace" aftermarket stamped steel OE replacement fender. Have these always been a thing and I've somehow never knew they existed? I can't find anything on them, is this something new that enjuku just snuck by us? I know a lot of cars have aftermarket Taiwanese repop fenders but to my knowledge your S13 options were always just OEM and FRP.

not new, been available for many years...

https://www.king-autoparts.com/produ....asp?seq=37126

so I've contacted this company in the past but they refuse to sell to the US/North America, because of existing contractual obligations. I'm sure Enjuku got these via ISR/existing sources for ISR products.

buy while you can. I still have 2 pairs of my own 180SX fenders that no one wants.

people are cheap. this is perfect for them

[email protected]
Old 03-02-2023, 01:05 PM   #7
AKADriver
Post Whore!

AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
I remember you mentioning the economics of the King parts when we talked about Silvia fenders (though they don't make those because they seem focused on US and greater Europe/Asian market cars). It's "new" in the sense of never before available in North America.

This is kind of a midrange option between genuine parts and junk parts. Hopefully less work to get straight than a junkyard fender. Totally fine for a 'driver' restoration like mine, but I don't need fronts anyway.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:59 PM   #8
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
I remember you mentioning the economics of the King parts when we talked about Silvia fenders (though they don't make those because they seem focused on US and greater Europe/Asian market cars). It's "new" in the sense of never before available in North America.

This is kind of a midrange option between genuine parts and junk parts. Hopefully less work to get straight than a junkyard fender. Totally fine for a 'driver' restoration like mine, but I don't need fronts anyway.
the unknown is whether this is Nissan's actual vendor for parts.

there is no way in hell that stamped sheet metal for genuine parts can be that cheap when ordering in tiny quantities like what I was doing. Unless Nissan decided to suddenly offer new inventory after saying for years it was out of stock.

lots and lots of companies out there offload manufacturing offshore, but repackage and say something is "made in (insert your desired country)".

bottom line is, if it is metal it is at least 99% as good as original. there is no way Enjuku invested in the tooling or MOQ needed to make the numbers work, especially not at $200 each which includes their freight from overseas to the US.

genuine parts actually are very close to OE replacement parts, if you see lots of replacement body parts every day bc of a body shop environment you'd know exactly what I am talking about.

[email protected]
Old 03-02-2023, 03:56 PM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
no, nowhere near what I was doing... christ.

Mine are genuine Nissan from Nissan.

I never went through any factories, I bought direct from Nissan.
right, but NISSAN went through A FACTORY, who made nissan fenders FOR NISSAN, so that NISSAN could put them in a NISSAN box, and sell them TO YOU, FROM NISSAN.

no?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 04:48 PM   #10
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
right, but NISSAN went through A FACTORY, who made nissan fenders FOR NISSAN, so that NISSAN could put them in a NISSAN box, and sell them TO YOU, FROM NISSAN.

no?
if you take out the "aftermarket" and "with nissan approval" part of your post, then it is more accurate.

nothing Nissan sells is made by any entity owned or operated by Nissan. they are all via contract manufacturing. the only time it can be actually made by Nissan is when they stamp the sheet metal at the factory to save on manufacturing costs.

its why people refer to Nissan parts as genuine OEM, OEM, OEM replacement, OEM aftermarket, or everything else (performance replacement, etc). even when parts are from the same factory it still needs to be separated, since non-genuine parts won't have Nissan stamping or logos. a few things such as the Hitachi IACV I sold last year for KA24E was without Nissan hamburger logo because Hitachi could not sell it as genuine Nissan and had no rights to sell it, even though the part was the same as genuine Nissan parts.

The first 2 tiers are very important, these details matter. just look at spark plugs for, say, a Camry.

genuine OEM Toyota
OEM Denso (actual part/manufacturer as genuine)
OEM replacement (plenty of makers)
OEM aftermarket (anything that fits)
performance replacement (racing plugs from NGK, for example)
racing aftermarket (HKS iridium plugs, same as their NGK counterparts minus the name)

[email protected]
Old 03-11-2023, 11:24 AM   #11
hippo_chips
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
hippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nicehippo_chips is just really nice
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Just to add, I bought an aftermarket metal fender years ago, suuuuuper cheap back then. Not sure if it’s the same company as the enjuku ones, but they did not fit like oem. Definitely needed some fitting like opening up the bolt holes cause some were off, especially where it meets the bumper. But again, don’t know if it’s the same company.
hippo_chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:53 PM   #12
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
JDM240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a fender on order and will post an update on fitment.
Old 03-20-2023, 07:44 AM   #13
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM240z View Post
I have a fender on order and will post an update on fitment.
Awesome, keen to hear a review.
Old 03-22-2023, 03:58 PM   #14
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Don't buy. Fitment is atrocious.pix to come shortly.
Old 03-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #15
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Review:
-Many bolt holes don't match up.
-Seems to be 13mm wider than the factory fender
-All three of my busted OEM fenders fit better.
-Great for patch panels or a custom wide body OE style look.
-Out of the box it looks to be well made and the body lines match up and are the same size. Buyer beware. Discounted on Enjuku for a reason. Fast shipping though if that matters.

http://ibb.co/album/ByJ2yy
Old 03-22-2023, 06:11 PM   #16
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM240z View Post
Review:
-Many bolt holes don't match up.
-Seems to be 13mm wider than the factory fender
-All three of my busted OEM fenders fit better.
-Great for patch panels or a custom wide body OE style look.
-Out of the box it looks to be well made and the body lines match up and are the same size. Buyer beware. Discounted on Enjuku for a reason. Fast shipping though if that matters.

http://ibb.co/album/ByJ2yy

fixed pics for you / us
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 06:58 PM   #17
DP-AE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
DP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfectionDP-AE86 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
what in the world? that bow is pretty crazy.
is the fender taller?
Old 03-23-2023, 03:26 AM   #18
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
fixed pics for you / us

Thanks my guy! Your pic fix is so much more helpful than
the actual fitment of this trash fender.
Old 03-23-2023, 03:27 AM   #19
JDM240z
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP-AE86 View Post
what in the world? that bow is pretty crazy.
is the fender taller?
Its an easy 13mm way the fuck off. No where close to OEM. Not even after some panel love.
Old 03-23-2023, 07:15 AM   #20
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Wow that's bad.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:50 AM   #21
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

looks like reverse engineered from fenders that may have not had a test car to fit on.

word. glad I got rid of my genuine fenders when I did.

edit: see below, looks like it was test fitted after all.

[email protected]
Old 03-23-2023, 01:19 PM   #22
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (29)
Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enjuku Racing
These fenders have been tested and fit GREAT!! We have sold over 100 of these and this is the first complaint on these. We have had a handful of shipping damages, that is expected with such a thin part.

The two small tabs infront of the door on the chassis are very easy to bend as well as the small front tab which mounts to the core support, if you had attempted to remove the fenders with those bolts still attached you could have very easily bent the OEM chassis tabs, or if the vehicle was in a wreck prior it is possible those tabs were bent, making it more difficult to fit the new fenders. Also, the tabs on the fenders themselves could have been bent in shipping.

But, with that being said, the two different chassis we test fit the fender on here fit identical to OEM.

It is likely that either your chassis and/or tabs were damaged, or the fender was damaged in shipping. These fenders were made off 100% brand new, un-used, OEM Nissan fenders and are made to fit exactly the same as OEM.

See Images below.

[email protected]

Enjuku Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:07 PM   #23
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Idk who to believe lol. JDM240z's pics look a lot more off than just some bent chassis tabs.
Old 03-23-2023, 02:58 PM   #24
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Enjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to beholdEnjuku Racing is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Idk who to believe lol. JDM240z's pics look a lot more off than just some bent chassis tabs.
Our assumption is there are a lot of things going on with the car and/or the fenders were bent in shipping. We have reached out to the customer to see if we can figure out a solution.

We have even offered to pay to ship them back to us and test them on these same cars. Customer can sign his name on them before sending them back.

This helps everyone know exactly where the issue may lie.

We are always here to help!! It's why we have been in business for 24 years!!
[email protected]

Old 03-23-2023, 04:15 PM   #25
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjuku Racing View Post
Our assumption is there are a lot of things going on with the car and/or the fenders were bent in shipping. We have reached out to the customer to see if we can figure out a solution.

We have even offered to pay to ship them back to us and test them on these same cars. Customer can sign his name on them before sending them back.

This is what I like to see. I appreciate you guys taking the time to logon and make a post on here. Love seeing the discussion on this thread from everybody.

Not that it matters for me at least but hopefully we get something similar to this for S13 Silvia Fenders.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:47 PM   #26
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:

Great sh!t ER! Love the customer service. Ordered some nice Feal 442's and were really good about keeping me in the loop. I am so love the ISR Series 2 GT Exhaust High Mount.... Sounds better than my old Blitz Nurspec
Old 03-24-2023, 07:42 PM   #27
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
These fenders were made off 100% brand new, un-used, OEM Nissan fenders and are made to fit exactly the same as OEM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Not that it matters for me at least but hopefully we get something similar to this for S13 Silvia Fenders.
Someone beat me to it, but S13 Silvia Fenders would be great. Then maybe s14 zenki and kouki and s15 fenders, but S13 Silvia fenders are pretty difficult to get nowadays.

Quote:
We have reached out to the customer to see if we can figure out a solution.

Really hope he takes the offer and ships them back so we can all see what went wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2023, 09:50 PM   #28
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Someone beat me to it, but S13 Silvia Fenders would be great. Then maybe s14 zenki and kouki and s15 fenders, but S13 Silvia fenders are pretty difficult to get nowadays.
if its not already made it won't happen.

[email protected]
Old 03-27-2023, 02:18 PM   #29
Enjuku Racing
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Never say never!
[email protected]

Old 03-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #30
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
What, are Silvia ones too magical or something? Sure, finding a mint base to replicate is a bit harder, but if they just came out with these for 180sx, the process for Silvia is hardly different.