Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #31
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
excellent post
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #32
Bandwagon240sx

Trader Rating: (0)
Bandwagon240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks Russ. That makes sense to me. Only problem is that I don't have the dash harness out of a clip. Guess I'm back to square one. Of course, this whole project is hinging on whether this guy on ebay will actually accept my payment and ship the DCC.
Bandwagon240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:01 PM   #33
Bandwagon240sx

I recieved my DCC unit and harness today. I am confused without a doubt now. Most of the colors listed in your chart don't even come close to what my harness has. I downloaded a PDF of the JDM manual and from what I can tell your harness matches the manual pretty well. Is it possible the guy on ebay sold me the JDM DCC with some other harness that plugs in? Like maybe for a maxima DCC or something? It had a sunload sensor attached to the harness and it also came with another sunload sensor which had the round plastic cover on it. the sunload sensor harness for example has 2 wires, one is green/yellow and the other is light green/black. Attached to that is about a 6 inch connector for a different sunload sensor with the colors black, and orange. If I remove the SS with black and orange, the other SS will plug right into the G/Y and LG/B however neither of those colors are for the SS sensor according to your site or the manual. Here are some pics (not good ones, i'll take more later if nec.) from the guy on ebay that sold it to me. What are your thoughts?

http://www.jdmmarket.com/boomer/s14%...ate%20control/
Old 06-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #34
Bandwagon240sx

After looking at the FSM a little more, it appears it is definately the wrong harness. There are pins on the 20 pin harness that should have connections that are empty on my harness. Wrote a letter to the ebay guy, this sucks. Good thing his business is only 2 hours from me
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 PM   #35
Petoria
Leaky Injector

Petoria is an unknown quantity at this point
That looks great. Just wondering how well you think the dcc would work without AC installed.
Petoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM   #36
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon240sx View Post
After looking at the FSM a little more, it appears it is definately the wrong harness. There are pins on the 20 pin harness that should have connections that are empty on my harness. Wrote a letter to the ebay guy, this sucks. Good thing his business is only 2 hours from me
He killed you, that's an S13 DCC harness. Completely useless to you. The ambient temp sensor is also wrong, that's a US S13 sensor, nothing remotely like the JDM S14 piece.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #37
Bandwagon240sx

Thanks Russ, I'll be sure to let him know that in person. Stay away from "JDM Market" on ebay.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:58 AM   #38
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoria View Post
That looks great. Just wondering how well you think the dcc would work without AC installed.
It should be fine since you can have it on auto-temp with the AC off. But don't expect it to lower the temps when it's hot outside; it'll just turn the blower to full power and you'll get a faceful of hot air.

Bandwagon240sx, in the worst case, if the plug you can try to repin the 20-pin harness and then figure out the wiring by pin position instead of colors. From the pictures, it looks like you have a correct fan control amp and sunload sensor, so you just need the ambient and in-cabin temp sensors (and the fan control amp mounting shield). Those sensors can be pulled from several donors. Anyway, good luck dealing with the seller.
chuonthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #39
Bandwagon240sx

Well its been a couple months but just an update, I was able to get my money back on the whole transaction, including shipping. The guy that setup that auction was new there, and got fired apparently during my whole ordeal or right before. Once I was able to speak with someone else there I got a refund. I'll attempt the JDM DCC sometime in the future, just not sure when.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #40
dohctwinn1

dohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
what if i dont have the 2 subharness plugs and no wires? i just have the climate control itself. will i still be able to run it?
i have the pig tail plugs if you still need them..
dohctwinn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #41
dohctwinn1

dohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymoredohctwinn1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuonthis View Post
I finally got around to putting together a how-to for the S14 digital climate control installation. I'm posting it on my website in case this thread ever gets lost. Let me know what you guys think or if there are any problems/questions.

http://www.chuonthis.com/cars/s14-dcc/
hey Chu, i just bought the full harness for the dcc swap.... its got a bunch of other connections on there that i dont need. is it best to untape the entire thing and just keep the connections that i need? also, i have all of the JDM lift motors and sensors so should i replace the USDM motors w the JDM? lmk thx
Old 03-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #42
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

chuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the roughchuonthis is a jewel in the rough
I'd untape the harness to keep things clean and tight. The USDM motors work just as well as the JDM ones, plus you won't be able to use the JDM air mix door motor because it's reversed (unless you make an adapter like Russ to unreverse it). The only exception might be the intake door motor. The USDM one only has 4 wires coming from the connector but the JDM one has 6. The harness should plug in and work fine though.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #43
dohctwinn1

thx much!! can't wait to screw something up!..
Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #44
dohctwinn1

and to the asshole who gave a negative to me... thanks brother! "im 6 months too late fucktard" if you saw when i joined and posted it was just recently moron. this info was helpful to me 6 months later as it will be to others dipshit. your probably just pissed b/c you're too much of a retard to wire a few plugs up yourself. fuck off!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM   #45
JRwerks
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
JRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of lightJRwerks is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
+rep i wish someone would make a writeup one that easy for a s13 digital climate control...
JRwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #46
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dohctwinn1 View Post
and to the asshole who gave a negative to me... thanks brother! "im 6 months too late fucktard" if you saw when i joined and posted it was just recently moron. this info was helpful to me 6 months later as it will be to others dipshit. your probably just pissed b/c you're too much of a retard to wire a few plugs up yourself. fuck off!
You're welcome. And no, I'm not pissed, I was the first one to do this shit nearly ten years ago and contributed heavily to this thread. You know, back when you were still reading comic books?

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 03-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #47
dohctwinn1

lol. internet tuff guy.... i'm 30 fuckstick!

go play in traffic
Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #48
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
then you are old enough to
1. not post bullshit in old ass threads lest it is relevant
2. +understand that your internet reputation is as fucking serious as catching a case of AIDS+
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar so quit pissing into the wind
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #49
fbiphil
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
fbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud offbiphil has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Great writeup- I hadn't seen this before, so I guess it's good that it's been resurrected...
Just to verify- there isn't a way to change the S14 or S13 digital display to show in Fahrenheit, is there?
Not that it's a big deal, but it would be nice...
fbiphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:26 PM   #50
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohctwinn1 View Post
lol. internet tuff guy.... i'm 30 fuckstick!

go play in traffic
And yet you type and act like a 12yr old. "Go play in traffic"? Wasn't that played out back in 1982? If you really are 30, please go back to the people who gave you a high school diploma and return it. They failed you miserably, no sense keeping the evidence as a stain on their good names.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #51
dohctwinn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
And yet you type and act like a 12yr old. "Go play in traffic"? Wasn't that played out back in 1982? If you really are 30, please go back to the people who gave you a high school diploma and return it. They failed you miserably, no sense keeping the evidence as a stain on their good names.
what can i say its an oldie but a goodie.... maybe you should stop acting like a 10 yr old and quit replying to me. as i see it you started the childish act of jacking my rep b/c i wanted to ask a question on an old thread... whos acting like what now? me? lol, na my friend... its you. go find someone dumber than you to argue with. piss off.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #52
dohctwinn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigOdom1 View Post
then you are old enough to
1. not post bullshit in old ass threads lest it is relevant
2. +understand that your internet reputation is as fucking serious as catching a case of AIDS+
you catch more flies with honey than vinegar so quit pissing into the wind
go pass your lame quips off on your bud. seems he needs the adjustment, not me.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #53
dohctwinn1

there is something incorrect about the wiring on this write up, everything else looks correct except the wiring.

i have wired this and taken it apart 5 different times and the only ppl who actaully have it working is Russ and Turstin that i ever heard of and both of them used the JDM harness... not Jasons wiring.

make me eat my words, if anyone else has successfully wired the s14 DCC up with this write up using JDM and USDM wires then speak up. otherwise someone should double check the wiring section.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #54
slidewaysmn
Leaky Injector

slidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really nice
Sick write up +1 for you!
Old 08-24-2008, 07:12 PM   #55
heyitzalan
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
heyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant futureheyitzalan has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
i've found your mistake on the pin out dude. defroster vent + and -, u did a mess up on that. jdm pin 5 go to usdm 8, and jdm pin 6 go to usdm 7.

because jdm pin 5 is + def - vent, usdm pin 8 match the jdm pin 5.
and jdm pin 6 is - def +vent, usdm pin 7 match the jdm pin 6.
i read everything accord to jdm fsm and usdm fsm. you don't always match those wires. fsm is the truth. i never follow anyone's write up.
heyitzalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:59 AM   #56
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

^Umm...that's what I have in my write up. JDM 5 to USDM 8 and JDM 6 to USDM 7. Maybe you're reading the table wrong? I didn't change anything.

I did change one thing recently that dohctwinn1 helped me find. I typed the wire color for USDM 1 wrong (I typed L/R instead of L/OR) and corrected it a couple months ago. The other thing that he helped me figure out was that koukis don't have a thermo control amp so the JDM AC signal wire goes straight to the ECU. I haven't updated the write up for that yet.

dohctwinn1, sorry we couldn't get your setup going. I'm thinking you still have some wires mixed up and it's pretty difficult to tell what the problem is. Sorry I never took a good picture of my wiring but I might have some time soon to take one. I don't think it'll help though cuz I'm thinking you might be confusing some of the wire colors (like R/L vs. L/R or something).

heyitzalan, let us know how your experience goes and tell me if you were able to follow the rest of the write to get it working (or if there are other parts of it that you disagree with).
Old 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #57
yuanchen

yuanchen is an unknown quantity at this point
The instruction is gone, can you repost ?
It said 404 not found
Thanks
yuanchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #58
chuonthis
Zilvia Member

It's back up. I had some web server issues.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:58 PM   #59
yuanchen

yuanchen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuonthis View Post
It's back up. I had some web server issues.
excellent post

Thank you
yuanchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #60
soldiaboy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
soldiaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
excellent post my friend

how hard would you rate the install 1-10?
soldiaboy is offline   Reply With Quote