Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
S15 Shift knob problems

Just bought an S15 Shift Knob, thinking it would fit right onto my S13 SR Shifter. Well apparently it doesn't.

The threads on the Shifter are skinnier than the knobs threads, thus the shift knob just "sitting" on the shifter.

What do I need to make this fitting properly? Couldn't find anything close when searching.

TIA
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
S13 = M10x1.25
S15 = M12x1.25

Get those small plastic pieces that increase the width but maintain the same thread pitch.

My YouTube Channel
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
That would make the S15 the first Nissan shifter that was not 10x1.25, wow.
Not doubting what has been said, just surprised.

And I write too!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertsnowcarver View Post
S13 = M10x1.25
S15 = M12x1.25

Get those small plastic pieces that increase the width but maintain the same thread pitch.
^^^ what he said.

when i changed to a 6spd i had to get rid of my old titanium knob from my 5 speed. but i do like the stock s15 knob alot suprisingly
Old 02-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, so far I'm trying to look for said adapter to make the width wider.

Leave a review
Old 02-03-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Anyone know any other ways I can use this shift knob? I'm having no luck right now finding anything that i can use to make the threads wider.

Might just have to sell it.

Leave a review
Old 02-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fill it with resin and re-tap?
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Try a helicoil.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 AM   #9
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Fill it with resin and re-tap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95drifto View Post
Try a helicoil.

Just found a site Knob Adapters: Gennie Shifter and Gennie Shifter Knobs

They may have what I need, if not the Resin and Helicoil will be my options.

Thanks guys

Leave a review
Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Any decent hardware store will have reducer bushings, you can drill/tap one out or just thread it on without threading, then force the knob on.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 02-03-2010, 10:37 AM   #11
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Thanks everyone for their Input.

Chris Mattessich from WC Lathe Werks LLC, has got what I need to make this work.

It's an extension, it will raise the knob up by 2" but thats no big deal....

Leave a review

Last edited by Soup Nazi; 02-03-2010 at 11:17 AM..
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Just go 5 lug.......
Closed Thread