Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #91
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
sad to hear a two tone dying, but holy wow did you ever make up for it with this Vert,
this is a thing of beauty!! Keep up the progress dude, your work is immaculate
also, congrats on your wedding next month!!

where did you get the Silvia door sills from ?
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #92
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Great Job! Makes me want to get my subframe out and refinished!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #93
S13MATT
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
S13MATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Damn now I want to go by a vert! Great build by the way.
S13MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #94
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Looks good so far. Really wish I had time to finish my build up, but time is a commodity I don't have much of.
Thanks man. I'm lucky that I have the time to work on this thing at least a few times a week. Its sad that I don't have the huge garage like I had in Michigan here at my house, I have to rent a space and drive 10 miles to get there or I would work on it more. You need to get back to yours, I've been watching it the entire time!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 239twinZ View Post
Hey man clean build keep up the good work! I was wondering if you still happen to the those se wheels that came on the vert? If so would you be interested in selling them?
Thanks man, its a labor of love.
I still have them, not sure if I want to get rid of those but I have another set I would sell for $150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Want to give me a hand?
Doing what? I usually don't have a problem helping people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztouring04 View Post
Awesome build. And it seems u live close to me.... One day if I can ever get my 240 running ill have to check it out..lol
Bring it on by man. The shop is in North Cape Coral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
WOW vert builds finally!!
Yes, I've done one before, but its still in Michigan so I can't work on it all the time. So I bought this one to feed my hunger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
That ring looks pretty big btw.

I love verts, I got rid of mine a year ago when I spun a rod bearing.
Yeah the ring is a good size, she has small hands too. I think the center store is 2ct and the total weight with the side stones is a little over 2.5ct. It was definitely the most I've ever spent on something at once that wasn't a down payment on a house.

I've always had this love affair with verts, I don't know what it is but I always come back to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
sad to hear a two tone dying, but holy wow did you ever make up for it with this Vert,
this is a thing of beauty!! Keep up the progress dude, your work is immaculate
also, congrats on your wedding next month!!

where did you get the Silvia door sills from ?
It breaks my heart to know that my two tone is beyond saving, I've been on the lookout for a replacement for years and years but sadly so many have been turned into missiles that I had to move onto something else. I do still have some money tucked back for when the perfect two tone turns up.

Thanks for the kind words and the congrats on the wedding, I've been spending almost all my spare money on wedding stuff lately, thankfully I bought most of what I needed for this build before we started planning the wedding.

I bought the Gains sills here in the for sale section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Great Job! Makes me want to get my subframe out and refinished!
Thanks,

Just do it, it actually wasn't that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S13MATT View Post
Damn now I want to go by a vert! Great build by the way.
Thanks man, and I say go buy a vert, they are getting harder to find so now is the time.

On TOPIC:

I have gotten a lot of stuff done on the car, unfortunately I left the camera at the shop so I will get that today and make a proper update.

Thanks again for all the positive comments guys, I really do appreciate it.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #95
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
OK so I retrieved the camera today in a maze of errands and work to be done. So here is the update.

I was completely unhappy with the job done on the shaving of the bay, lesson learned, I didn't have my own welder down here yet when I had it done and I let someone else do it. I should have known better. SO I started sanding it all down and grinding all the spots that were shaven.

It was a horrible job, none of the original body filler was ever sanded, it was just painted over and looked like shit. Which is a surprise because the car body and paint are actually extremely well done.

I don't know maybe I was just being a picky jackass but I wanted it as close to perfect as it could be, I don't care that its "only an engine bay".

Once I had that ready for my buddy that can paint to help me with the skim coats and final prep for the new paint I focused on the front suspension of the car.

First up was to handle making the K-member look as good as possible. So after an hour of degreasing and scrubbing, several coats of primer, and some fresh paint it looks like this.

Then I decided to make the FLCA's and the spindles match.

I have a Nismo Power Brace and SPL front Tension arms for the front of the car to round out that. Here is everything together.

After seeing how well Trevor's interior turned out I want to pull my dash bar and paint it as well.

But I moved on to the rear of the car. Like I said my fiance dyed all the interior plastics and the carpet that is glued in place in the verts black and reinstalled them. I ordered some carpet to make the new trunk floor piece out of so it will be new, but I threw the old dirty one in for some pics to get and idea of what it will look like. Its all a little dusty.

And for now closed the trunk on that and the build for the day.

More to come over the weekend!!!!!!

Last edited by holemilk00; 09-11-2013 at 06:54 PM..
holemilk00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #96
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Looking good man.

As soon as I am back up and running tristas vert will be getting the same treatment. I just need some more fenders.

MOAR FANDERS!!!
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #97
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
PG BOOSTED is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy204 View Post
Can you not see his location under his screen name??
I see that now.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #98
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by holemilk00 View Post
Thanks man. I'm lucky that I have the time to work on this thing at least a few times a week. Its sad that I don't have the huge garage like I had in Michigan here at my house, I have to rent a space and drive 10 miles to get there or I would work on it more. You need to get back to yours, I've been watching it the entire time!!!!!
Mine is located in the garage, however, I travel for work at times and lately we've been pretty busy. I'm in the process of purchasing my first house as well, which will cut back on funds and time to complete it. Thank fully I have all the major items purchased and it's just odds and ends now. I appreciate the kind words, I will be getting back on it ASAP. I want it done and driveable. It's been almost three years since it was last on the road, I miss her.

Keep up the good work man, glad to see another "local" churning out quality work and not slapping shit together.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #99
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Buying a house huh?? Congrats man. I think I know a good real estate agent.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #100
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Ok guys a quick update. Got a LOT done just nothing too glorious. Pulled the motor out of the two tone. So now two tone rolling chassis for sale.

Here are a few pics.

Coming out.

Going on the engine stand.

Engine bay so empty.

And starting to strip it down.

Plans for the motor are to clean it up, fix a small oil leak in the timing cover and a few other things.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #101
jr_ss
Post Whore!

jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Buying a house huh?? Congrats man. I think I know a good real estate agent.
I'm actually past the stage of looking for an agent. I'm on to signing paper work and inspections. I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Looking good man. Do you plan on lifting the engine up into the bay or risk scratching the fresh paint and go in from the top?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #102
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

How much for the rolling chassis?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #103
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

I'm going in from the top on the motor. But without the trans so it will be easier.

And as for the chassis, $850 since its a two tone.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #104
PG BOOSTED
Zilvia Junkie

Pm'D you dude
Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #105
tsahlin489

tsahlin489 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't even like verts and this thread has me wanting one! Can't wait to see what more is on the way.

On an off-note, the shell I just picked up for my build was first registered in Florida, lets hope mine turns out to be as clean as yours when I tear deeper into it.
tsahlin489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #106
JohanM
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
JohanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yoyo what type of coolant you were running on the 2 tone Shane?
JohanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #107
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Dex cool, the GM stuff. I put it in all the cars while they suffered through garage life in Michigan for three years.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #108
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Ok, a lot has been going on I just haven't been posting. We collected the materials for the engine bay reprint, and I took a page out of hot rod magazines at home paint booth segment. Using one of my pop up canopies and some plastic drop clothes, a small fan and a vacuum we built a pretty effective down draft paint booth.

Only the nicest DuPont paint for my baby.

This is a true 3 stage paint.

Now that we were set up my painter Paul started laying primer, then sanding, then more primer, and more sanding.

This is the etching primer on all the bare metal.

And then the sandable primer.

And after a day we were ready to start with the good stuff and lay paint.

Here is the base coat.

Next up was the first pearl coat.

And another pearl coat.

And a close up without clear.

Then of course comes the clear.

Here it is as it "flashed" between coats.

And then a first coat finished close up.

The whole bay.

Pulling the booth down and unmasking the car.

I let the paint cure for about a week, I had wedding stuff to do anyway. And I finally got back over to the car tonight. I had let Trevor use my K-member on his car to make progress there so I had to wait for him to get me a replacement. Which was picked up this morning. After cleaning, priming, and painting like before. I let it dry and got it in place. I cleaned and painted the brackets that hold it in place and we installed it in its new home.

This is where I left things for the night. I will get some time in the next day or two to get the suspension on the front of the car and get the car back on the ground and outside where we can wet sand the bay. Oh and I have an iphone5 now so let me know if the cell phone pics suck or not. It's probably operator error.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #109
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Man the bay looks so good. Reminds me of when mine was freshly done... Looking forward to the updates.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #110
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
Quote:
It breaks my heart to know that my two tone is beyond saving, I've been on the lookout for a replacement for years and years but sadly so many have been turned into missiles that I had to move onto something else. I do still have some money tucked back for when the perfect two tone turns up.

Thanks for the kind words and the congrats on the wedding, I've been spending almost all my spare money on wedding stuff lately, thankfully I bought most of what I needed for this build before we started planning the wedding.

I bought the Gains sills here in the for sale section.
it breaks my heart also, but life goes on!
I'm also planning a wedding so I know kinda what your going through with wedding planning and working on car haha.
if you can't sell the shell and decide to part it out, let me know, I need the upper door trim ( the peice that the door seal attaches too and goes over the rear side window ), I need both sides haha

I like how you opted to fix the engine bay instead of saying fuck it, I'm out of time toss the motor in and lets get it running so I can take it the wedding.
keep up the good work!! and party hard the night of the big day!!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #111
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awesome build. Subscribed
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #112
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Dam i wish i could buy a car and build it simply because i was bored.

-__-
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #113
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Engine bay looks gorgeous! Top work as usual
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #114
jp69

jp69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nise worck man
jp69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:14 AM   #115
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
been following this thread for a bit.. never subbed though.. its a clean build. inspiration for my build!
240boi115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #116
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Got more of the suspension on tonight. Trying to squeeze a few things in before the wedding next Saturday.

I'm running the stock brakes with HP+ pads and SPL lines. So I cleaned them up really well, hit them with engine primer, and hit them with silver caliper paint.

Also installed the SPL tension rods up front, and the nismo power brace installed.

I also got the rack all cleaned up and put a fresh coat of paint on it.

And them I installed the rack with the new black energy bushings.

I also managed to get the strut bar brackets in, with the cleaned up hardware.

That's all I really got done tonight. I won't be working on it again until after the wedding. Thanks guys.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #117
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Looks good. Now go get married, have babies, and sell all your 240 projects.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #118
Boss s14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Boss s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^ hahah killer that was so funny.

So whens the bachelor party?
Boss s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #119
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Oh Steven, how many times have we seen that happen??
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #120
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Shane, what's the good word? Any progress?