Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
sr20s14koukikid

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20s14koukikid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I Need Help ASAP! sr20det bogging!

im having issues with my sr they just started recently when i took off my turbo to replace the lower gasket that connects from the exhaust manifold to the turbo housing. i completed that task but in the process i disconnected the intake and my intercooler piping going to the inlet tube on the top near the turbo and the exhaust as well to be able to get to the bolts on the bottom of the manifold easier and when i hooked everything back together i cranked my car and it started to bogg pretty bad at idle almost wanting to die as i took the car for a spin i noticed it lagged around 3 to 35k then quickly sputters and catches boost like it should it does that from 1 through 3rd gear and i cant seem to get it back to how it was. i double checked all my piping and tightened everything but it didn't make any difference my boost gauge also was reading 30 vac but i later found out it was actually broken so im not sure if that's actually were its vacuuming or if it was a bad reading. i need help asap guys any input would be greatly appreciated im getting so frustrated!
sr20s14koukikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Twiglet240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Twiglet240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would get a boost leak tester and check for leaks. Cheack your ground wires too, make sure you clean them up and check to see if they are broken under the insulation.
Twiglet240 is offline   Reply With Quote