Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
streetprototype is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 subframe install into s13

Been doing alot searching on this. And found answers to my questions besides one. My question is, I have the complete rear-end off a s14.from the differential to all arms. Now that being said is it just a bolt-on affair? Thanks in advance!
streetprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
AceUp
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
AceUp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
you will need to get Offset Conversion bushings, unless you want to ghetto rig and stretch the stock rubber bushings out.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
slidewayz350
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
slidewayz350 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
You can get the bushing from spl and stance. Also try searching. I already posted something about this. But yes everything will work. You need the bushings and depending on what bushing you get you may have to modify the rear crossmember at the front hump.
slidewayz350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
offset bushings /thread
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
You need offset bushings, but you can also do the strech the rubber bushings if your a cheap ass and like ghetto rigged cars. You also need the obvious s14 diff cover. And if you don't have aftermarket arms you need the stock s14 toe arms
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #6
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

thats what i thought. and i should've clarified my question more as to"if i still needed to use the offset conversion bushing"
Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
streetprototype
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitalyS View Post
you will need to get Offset Conversion bushings, unless you want to ghetto rig and stretch the stock rubber bushings out.
cant even imagine how to even stretch them out =/
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
get the correct bushing.
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
199240sxcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
199240sxcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i got a question my self about this.. im sure i kno the answer but, can i use my s13 rear coilovers or do i have to use s14 rears?
199240sxcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^^^ S13 rears, also like said above you will need to get out the BFH for the front of the sub frame ,it touches on the underside of chassis!!

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
ive done this swap twice.

you will need an s13 ruca the s14 ruca will block your coilovers

So to end it all s14/15 subframe into an s13 parts needed

s14 subframe
s14 rlca
s13 ruca
s14 toe arms
s13/14 tension
offset bushings from spl.
s14 diff cover.

Modify exhaust hanger on subframe

Last edited by tacotacotaco; 04-17-2012 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: the old asshole pointed it out.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you guys are amateurs

i like with all the great sage advice people have given, not one has even mentioned the fact that you need to relocate the exhaust hanger screw provisions

"nah man, who needs that shit, you still have 2 more hangers in the rear"

my best suggestion, get off your ass, drop both subframes, put them side by side and compare. expect a lill bit of downtime, no big deal. its all possible, but as everyone else has already commented - you'll need to start with offset bushings since the newer subframe is wider.

you guys also forgot that he needs to use the s14 spindles, ball joints (taper) is different

fucking amateurs... and all of this is just "off the top of my head"

see, i told you guys im smart. not just good looking, but smart.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #13
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^^^^ OMG your the best..... we shall bow to you god of 240sx,lollollol. well if he is starting with a complete subframe,no need to mess with spindles,but now if he is peicing it all together then ,yea different story. And I would thinkthe whole exaust hanger crap would be obvious once installed....

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #14
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
you guys are amateurs

you guys also forgot that he needs to use the s14 spindles, ball joints (taper) is different

fucking amateurs... and all of this is just "off the top of my head"

see, i told you guys im smart. not just good looking, but smart.
False. All s13/s14/z32 rear lower control arm ball joints have the same taper; all uprights are interchangeable in that respect.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
dagger
Zilvia Junkie

dagger is an unknown quantity at this point
why do u change the s13 subframe? mulsanne dude also changed his r32 to an s14

dagger
dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #16
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
S14 = grip

S13 = drifT
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i'm assuming the middle exhaust hangers have to be rewelded on?

Quote:
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger View Post
why do u change the s13 subframe? mulsanne dude also changed his r32 to an s14
pickup points for the control arm are lower = more traction

s15/s14 kouki subframes also have extra bracing
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoPlsr View Post
False. All s13/s14/z32 rear lower control arm ball joints have the same taper; all uprights are interchangeable in that respect.
hey 235 post, you're wrong. the ball joints are different. according to my notes which i measured with my own caliper:

S13/S14/S15
Front Diameter = 41mm

S14/S15
Rear Diameter = 41mm

S13
Rear Diameter = 38mm

i had my s13 spindles powdercoated only to find out that i was unable to use them with my s15 subframe and OE lower control arms, so off to the dumpster they went. i now run s14 spindles. even when you go s14 5-lug on the front of an s13, the front ball joints need to be changed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
s15/s14 kouki subframes also have extra bracing
incorrect. some s14 subframes have minor reinforcements, others do not. the reinforcements are negligible though, i would prefer adding my own gussets as the OE ones are minuscule.

damn people, get yer shit straight. you all know i'm the fuckin KING around here. :-)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #20
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
i'm assuming the middle exhaust hangers have to be rewelded on?
If you are doing this mod then you probably own a professional race car, which means you will be running some kind of a sweet roof-exit exhaust anyway.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #21
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
If you are doing this mod then you probably own a professional race car, which means you will be running some kind of a sweet roof-exit exhaust anyway.
no, if i was building a professional race car i wouldn't be using an s-chasis. just a track only s13 that i want done right and will support my blitz nurspec r the way it was meant. i don't want to have it ghetto rigged and supported by just the two rear hangers and bolted onto the downpipe.

plus, i fully expect everything clearcorners says is true because i remember a thread a few years ago when with his own struggles put this crap on his car when touge factory was the only company that made solid offset conversion bushings while everyone was stretching their rubber bushings.

Quote:
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
NismoPlsr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
NismoPlsr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
hey 235 post, you're wrong. the ball joints are different. according to my notes which i measured with my own caliper:

S13/S14/S15
Front Diameter = 41mm

S14/S15
Rear Diameter = 41mm

S13
Rear Diameter = 38mm

i had my s13 spindles powdercoated only to find out that i was unable to use them with my s15 subframe and OE lower control arms, so off to the dumpster they went. i now run s14 spindles. even when you go s14 5-lug on the front of an s13, the front ball joints need to be changed as well.
Reading comprehension my friend...

I said the ball joint tapers are the same, not the press fit diameter of the housing. All the rears have the same minor/major shank diameter and length. Yes the ball joints are control arm specific, but upright universal.

You are correct on the front tapers, however.

Quote:

incorrect. some s14 subframes have minor reinforcements, others do not. the reinforcements are negligible though, i would prefer adding my own gussets as the OE ones are minuscule.
It's Kouki s14 subframes that have the additional reinforcements, same as s15.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #23
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
no, if i was building a professional race car i wouldn't be using an s-chasis. just a track only s13 that i want done right and will support my blitz nurspec r the way it was meant. i don't want to have it ghetto rigged and supported by just the two rear hangers and bolted onto the downpipe.

plus, i fully expect everything clearcorners says is true because i remember a thread a few years ago when with his own struggles put this crap on his car when touge factory was the only company that made solid offset conversion bushings while everyone was stretching their rubber bushings.

haha you mean back when S15 subframes were considered an enigma? OH SHIT, S15 SUBBBBFRRAAAAME!!!! Then 2 years pass and its like "oh, they're practically the same" with only minor differences.

note to all: those 2 rear exhaust hangers are known to fail, i've seen the bolts corrode and the 2-hanger assembly comes crashing down. FUN :-) Thats why I highly advise using ALL hangers, which is why I spent the time to cut and relocate my s13 provisions onto the new subframe
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I remember i seen someone cut the part where it hits the tranny hump and mentioned how much he cut, but i cant seem to find it! i forgot to save it, can someone please show me the way?
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 AM   #25
Creizai
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Creizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura aboutCreizai has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S13 with drop knuckles or S15 Subframe
S14 is not worth it
Creizai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creizai View Post
S13 with drop knuckles or S15 Subframe
S14 is not worth it
ive been around here forever

you want to explain to me what your post is even suggesting?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #27
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer240 View Post
I remember i seen someone cut the part where it hits the tranny hump and mentioned how much he cut, but i cant seem to find it! i forgot to save it, can someone please show me the way?
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/371583...n-bushing.html
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #28
BlueDream240

BlueDream240 is an unknown quantity at this point
im running s14 rear subframe with s14 adjustable toe arms, s14 rlca, s14 diff cover, s13 axles, s13 spindles, s14 traction, s13 coils, s13 ruca. I have major toe in issues and my toe arms are adjusted as short as possible. I have read numerous threads and there seems to be debate on whether or not you need to run s14 spindles. I only started to have toe problems when I switched from s13 rlca to s14 rlca and im guessing it is because I have s14 rlca on s13 spindles. please help
BlueDream240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #29
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream240 View Post
im running s14 rear subframe with s14 adjustable toe arms, s14 rlca, s14 diff cover, s13 axles, s13 spindles, s14 traction, s13 coils, s13 ruca. I have major toe in issues and my toe arms are adjusted as short as possible. I have read numerous threads and there seems to be debate on whether or not you need to run s14 spindles. I only started to have toe problems when I switched from s13 rlca to s14 rlca and im guessing it is because I have s14 rlca on s13 spindles. please help
are you still using the factory cam bolt? or have you switched to an eccentric lockout? I've never heard anyone run into this issue, either with s13 or s14 spindles. I used s14 subframe with z32 rear uprights and had zero issue.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:30 PM   #30
BlueDream240

BlueDream240 is an unknown quantity at this point
ignore this message box, sorry im new
BlueDream240 is offline   Reply With Quote