Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #31
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
not a lakers fan but lonzo showed up 35 pts 8 rebounds 11 assist 5 steals......
I will believe in him when he is playing against something other than fellow draftees and undrafted free agents looking to make a practice squad.
And I AM a Lakers fan.

Also, who noticed what he was wearing?

Sir, are you not standing behind your product?

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #32
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I will believe in him when he is playing against something other than fellow draftees and undrafted free agents looking to make a practice squad.
And I AM a Lakers fan.

Me! mentioned it in the last post He can never go back to BBB shoes now, he'll be cursed.

Also he just needs to play against teams who don't have a big man who protects the rim or have any real wings and it's all gravy for Zo.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 07-18-2017, 10:28 AM   #33
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Its looking good in La La land. Los Angeles Lakers win 2017 Summer League Championship, and Lonzo Ball was named MVP.

Get that banner up...

Oh... and get your pairs of ZO2 before they sell out!

Old 07-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #34
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Kyrie Irving requests trade to get out of LeBron's shadow??

What is he thinking? He can be the man and win on his own? He should talk to Chris Paul or John Wall or even Russell Westbrook or James Harden if he thinks he's better than those two.

At least now, LeBron has flexibility to reshuffle the roster and might stay in Cleveland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #35
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Kyrie Irving requests trade to get out of LeBron's shadow??

What is he thinking? He can be the man and win on his own? He should talk to Chris Paul or John Wall or even Russell Westbrook or James Harden if he thinks he's better than those two.

At least now, LeBron has flexibility to reshuffle the roster and might stay in Cleveland.
He can get ALL his numbers and be a first/second round flameout and get a ton of cash.
Fuck being the dude to dribble the air out of the ball when LeBron goes cold or Golden State goes hot.

And I write too!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #36
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Man what a shit spot for Cavs to be in... Do they try to trade for the best available player right now (say, Melo) or go for draft picks for the future to prepare for Lebron to leave?

Either way, I would not trust Gilbert to navigate this tricky situation at all haha

Old 07-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #37
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Draft picks, seeing that with their luck, every one will turn into a number one pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #38
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

So are we going to talk about this trade?! For me, it basically comes down to this:

Boston didn't want to pay 200mil to IT (rightfully so IMO). Cavs had to trade Kyrie because of the situation going on there.

IT vs Kyrie for both teams. Pros/Cons

Pros: Cleveland gets someone who can actually make plays and set people up instead of having situations where Kyrie pounds the ball and everyone else just watches (except for LeBron), which in turn gives Lebron potential for more rest in-game and on the bench.

Boston gets a dynamic scorer, but doesn't really play off-ball. However, I wonder how coachable Kyrie is with a smart coach like Brad Stevens. If he can change his game so that he can at least play average defense + pass the ball, then this is a major X-factor that could give Boston an insane advantage (still unlikely given Kyrie's ball habits).

Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 AM   #39
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i think cavs got as better deal. man, i love some crowder. while still acquiring a pg with almost identical stats as kyrie. also adding a young center. which i think they need against gsw. now cavs pretty much spreads the floor while adding that D presence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSlRkNMZ98w
i really like this guy.

we all know drose schools kyrie all day. but, celtics looks good with kyrie. def IT not worth 200mil. good call on ainge. it's a win win on both sides.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:08 AM   #40
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
did you see who they picked up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9y4ccZcSp0
young fresh legs + experience with D.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:10 AM   #41
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

I don't think there's any way you can spin it that IT by himself is better for the Cavs than Kyrie, but like you said above, the other pieces make it a really nice package for them.

Not just Crowder, but the 1st they got is from Brooklyn, which is probably valuable from now until forever.

Don't think it was a bad move for the Celtics, but with what they gave up kind of a weird one. Kyrie is a great get for them, even for IT, but at the end of the day, still leaves them the second best team in the East but without their most valuable future 1st and without Crowder so much less ammo to put them over the hump in the future. Given Kyrie's trade demand, you have to wonder if they could've gotten him for either IT, Crowder, Antic and their own future 1st, or no Crowder and Brooklyn's 1st.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #42
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I feel I can say with much certainty that LBJ is going to unleash one massive dunk over top of Kyrie on opening night. Kyrie may honestly never be seen or heard from again.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #43
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

So the 2011 will now play backup for the last player selected in the 2011 NBA draft...
Only 4 MONTHS separates their ages...

... let that sink in for a minute.

And I write too!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM   #44
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Lou might play them both. Who knows.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #45
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

2017/18 NBA Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Coach Lebron might play them both. Who knows.

Fixed it for you

Old 08-23-2017, 08:20 PM   #46
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
Lou might play them both. Who knows.

Nah.

Rose is garbage on defense.

They need to keep IT next to a group of solid defenders so they can hide him somewhere.

Most likely starting lineup is:

IT/JR/LBJ/TT/Love

or

IT/JR/Crowder/LBJ/Love (this is a scary effective potential lineup)
Old 08-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #47
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
I like the trade for Boston (props to Cleveland for getting a pretty good haul under the circumstances they're in).

The value is in that 1st round draft pick from Brooklyn, but who knows how long that will take to develop and it might even be a bust. Also, Jae Crowder is a nice solid player. Good D. Efficient. Role player. Throw In. (ie. Who cares?)

I think Cleveland gets worse with IT and they also get the opportunity to pay him the max (I rather let him walk if he can't be signed under a reasonable contract, but what's reasonable nowadays with guys like Tim Hardway Jr is getting 71M and Otto Porter 104M). Let's just say if I was forced to pay one of the two the max which either player will demand, I much rather pay Kyrie than IT.

But Boston, they get a stud in Kyrie and most importantly wipe their hands clean of having to pay IT $200M. Who wants to pay him that when guys like Curry is making 201M and Harden is getting 228M. Maybe calling Kyrie a stud is over exagerating, but at least Boston is getting something decent back instead of a package like insert washed up "star" here (Melo?) and a bunch of scrubs back.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #48
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
And I AM a Lakers fan.

Not gonna lie, I want Lonzo to be great but his dad.... his dad kinda makes me want Lonzo to tear his Mcl. His dad is a huge arrogant prick. Makes it hard to root for his son. The crap they pulled with that ref doesn't help.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:15 PM   #49
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Report: Cavs want Celtics to include Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum in trade

"...ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski broke down what Cleveland is now seeking. He says they want Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, or a future draft pick added to the trade."

"Boston is resisting, and will initially at least, resist this idea,” Wojnarowski said. “Boston believes that it was completely transparent with Cleveland about where Thomas was physically — his rehab. Cleveland’s version of this is that they didn’t realize how long Thomas could potentially be out this season..."
Hahahaha... sounds like a craigslist deal where someone tries to waste your time after both parties already agreed on a deal.

And Cleveland is asking for a LOT! I thought they would settle for another 2nd round pick or something but they are pretty much asking for another high first round pick.

I don't think Cleveland will void the deal and screw over both sides. It would be really awkward for both teams and all players involved.

Quote:

Last edited by FRpilot; 08-28-2017 at 02:10 AM..
Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #50
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

The idea that the C's were completely transparent and the Cavs are considering backing out just for more picks seems crazy. No GM would be willing to risk his reputation like that right?

Old 09-25-2017, 10:20 AM   #51
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

So OKC has Westbrook, Paul George and now Melo.
am I the only one who thinks that PG and Melo will be redundant in that system, AND that adding Melo to it in general will cripple the FUCK out of what made Westbrook effective?

The Thunder placed Westbrook on the defensive free throw line so as to IMMEDIATELY get the ball to his hands (this is also where a ton of his rebounds came from) and start the offense.
Carmelo will need the ball to be effective now, and is known to dribble the fucking air out of it while everyone watches.
PG and Melo play the same position and neither seems to be terribly into moving down to chase shooting guards around or up to bang with PFs.

This seems like a VERY bad experiment.

And I write too!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:43 AM   #52
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

2017/18 NBA Thread

I think they'll be significantly better than last year, but also not a contender.

Ball dominance on top of ball dominance on top of ball dominance. And to compound it all, a coach who runs a "system" notorious for pretty much just standing around running iso's and pin downs.

Not to mention that now you've got two very much net negative defenders in Russ and Melo on the perimeter. Luckily Though you're not dealing with the enormous negative interior defense of Kanter so that does soften the blow a bit.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:11 PM   #53
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shams Charania
Sources: Dwyane Wade has reached agreement on a one-year, $2.3M deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:54 AM   #54
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

So now Derrick Rose and Dwyane Wade will join LeBron in Cleveland...
This won't change their fate in the East, as no other team is coming out of the East until LeBron goes into decline.
BUT
As long as Golden State is printing money to give away out there, they're winning.

And I write too!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #55
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

Damian Lillard went vegan over the offseason.

Interested to see how this impacts his game.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #56
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

fuck...bspn rank #64 melo is gonna destroy the knicks.

OKC will do great. except that bench though. defensively roberson and pg13 can switch 2-3 and adams @ 5. but, that bench though...fatty felton.

melo will have a up plus+ season.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:11 PM   #57
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

IMO caves will tie the series 2-2
Drose ++
JC +
Thompson + in blocks
IT - but will stay a threat
LBJ - from previous season + assist + d
Korver +
Jr =
Wade+
Underdog difference maker from last yr is that young center they acquired. They gotta given him mins to develop.

On DEC I'll final verify if they're legit

Last edited by BOROSUN; 09-29-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Old 09-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #58
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
All I can say is anyone but the Warriors please....
My beloved Lakers will do well this year, maybe playoffs but fun to watch....
And Lebron to the Lakers next year...oh yes.....

Lets not ever rule out the CLAW either!!!
Old 10-02-2017, 12:50 AM   #59
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

man, just watched knicks scrimmage. starters 1st team were dodo brick city. while 2nd team just looked better.

melo + pg13 was the opposite, killing it. also means their bench is bad.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM   #60
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

https://twitter.com/JMintzHoops/stat...09078660554752
Closed Thread