Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-03-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
peeskekun

Trader Rating: (0)
peeskekun can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recently Moved to Japan

Hey guys, I am new here. I recently moved to Japan from the US and bought a 180sx for only $3000 came with s15 t28 turbo sr20det 320Hp. What do you guys think?

Heres a video of me drifting at Ebisu
https://youtu.be/osZ27STKuUY

And introduction video of my car
https://youtu.be/qeKpmJXHS5w

Last edited by peeskekun; 02-06-2017 at 03:33 PM..
peeskekun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 03:37 AM   #2
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
VenomKillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
PICS OF CAR!! I want to see what wing it has!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:00 AM   #3
peeskekun

Hey more pics on instagram @peeskekun
Old 02-03-2017, 05:59 AM   #4
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
b wave wing my man

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:17 AM   #5
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Subscribed to your YT, if you will be at spring matsuri ebisu lets link up, I have a white silvia.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:09 PM   #6
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
b wave wing my man

So how would you know the difference between this Aero Master wing and that B Wave wing? Unless I'm looking at the mag wrong, but that page is just about different wings...
Old 02-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #7
Maxstyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
Maxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond reputeMaxstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I miss Ebisu. I want to go back. Still have a car there.
Maxstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #8
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomKillz View Post

So how would you know the difference between this Aero Master wing and that B Wave wing? Unless I'm looking at the mag wrong, but that page is just about different wings...
That's still the same wing just a different company making them minor details different

Most positive his is a b wave

Old 02-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #9
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Subscribed to your YT, if you will be at spring matsuri ebisu lets link up, I have a white silvia.
thanks for the sub! unfortunately, i wont be driving this spring matsuri, but i will be driving autumn drift matsuri! did you buy your car from powervehicles?
Old 02-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #10
peeskekun

Quote:

you can see the wing alittle better in this video

https://youtu.be/qeKpmJXHS5w
Old 02-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #11
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxstyle View Post
I miss Ebisu. I want to go back. Still have a car there.
yea ebisu is awesome!!
Old 02-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #12
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
very cool, hoping i can make a trip over there and get a cheap car to run at ebisu within the next few years. how tough is it to get around over there for someone that only speaks english?
Old 02-03-2017, 08:16 PM   #13
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
very cool, hoping i can make a trip over there and get a cheap car to run at ebisu within the next few years. how tough is it to get around over there for someone that only speaks english?
alot of signs are in english, so i dont think its that hard to get around.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #14
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
cool 180! living the dream! buys an 89 180sx for $3k, while we state side get fucked with $10-13k cars lol.
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #15
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Car looks and sounds amazing bro, loved the video!
Old 02-04-2017, 12:26 AM   #16
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
it shouldn't be that hard. alot of the signs are in English here.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:27 AM   #17
peeskekun

Quote:
Car looks and sounds amazing bro, loved the video!
thank you very much
Old 02-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #18
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
cool 180! living the dream! buys an 89 180sx for $3k, while we state side get fucked with $10-13k cars lol.
thanks..yea i wish drift cars were cheaper back in the states. its so expensive!
Old 02-04-2017, 04:40 AM   #19
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

By the way awesome car man, good driving As Well sounds like you have it all figured out good luck over there.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #20
peeskekun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
By the way awesome car man, good driving As Well sounds like you have it all figured out good luck over there.
thanks man!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
ahh.... I hate to be the party pooper here, but, where's the this car's coolness and awesomeness everybody's talking about? The thing's falling apart and looks like ish. Nonetheless, really cool that you moved there and are living your dream. Looks like some good driving skills too, badass. I take it that you're int the military? If so, thank you for you service.
But in imho:
Screamer pipes dont sound "sick"... well, actually, they do make the car sound like it's sick, like something's wrong with it. I have one because I was desperate to get my ride on the road, and can't stand it, can't wait to recirculate that thing. Nothing beats the sound of a quiet, deep sounding exhaust at higher RPM and a loud turbo whistle. Btw, the welds on that screamer pipe look like they're about to fall apart.

Falling bumpers, hanging lights, missing body parts make a car look like shit. Bad paint doesnt help either.
I havent been over there and dont think ever will, but, based on what I read and see, you can get pretty decent cars for that amount of money. I think you should have gone for something a little less molested, as close as possible to stock, but that's just me. You dont sound very mechanically inclined, so maybe you want something that's already been modded.

But it sounds like you're having a blast, congrats.
Like somebody else said, how does an english-only-speaking-person get by over there?
Old 02-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #22
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
ahh.... I hate to be the party pooper here, but, where's the this car's coolness and awesomeness everybody's talking about? The thing's falling apart and looks like ish. Nonetheless, really cool that you moved there and are living your dream. Looks like some good driving skills too, badass. I take it that you're int the military? If so, thank you for you service.
But in imho:
Screamer pipes dont sound "sick"... well, actually, they do make the car sound like it's sick, like something's wrong with it. I have one because I was desperate to get my ride on the road, and can't stand it, can't wait to recirculate that thing. Nothing beats the sound of a quiet, deep sounding exhaust at higher RPM and a loud turbo whistle. Btw, the welds on that screamer pipe look like they're about to fall apart.

Falling bumpers, hanging lights, missing body parts make a car look like shit. Bad paint doesnt help either.
I havent been over there and dont think ever will, but, based on what I read and see, you can get pretty decent cars for that amount of money. I think you should have gone for something a little less molested, as close as possible to stock, but that's just me. You dont sound very mechanically inclined, so maybe you want something that's already been modded.

Like somebody else said, how does an english-only-speaking-person get by over there?
I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the car because he wants it to look like a show car.. It's a drift car so of course it's not going to be in pristine condition with glass-like paint and a perfect body kit. The videos I have seen about Japanese drifters or just the people that drift in Japan like Alexi(Noriyaro) simply don't give a shit if their DRIFT car looks like "ish" or not. You also can't just say he's mechanically inclined just because he sounds like it. I'm sure there are people out there that I have talked to that would assume the same thing, but I know what the hell I'm talking about. If they don't believe me, that's on them, my car runs perfectly fine with everything that I had fixed on it and had help with. His car looks actually a lot better than most cars here for being around the price range of 3k. Where else can you get a dope 180 with real parts and an sr20 for about 3k? Not here anyway.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:27 PM   #23
peeskekun

Quote:
But in imho:

yea i am still new to modding cars and need to learn alot more. actually less molested close to stock cars are more expensive here, so i just went for the cheapest car lol. And for an english only speaking person to get by in japan, i don't think its that hard. alot of signs are in english and people here can speak little bit of english. if you have the chance, you should def visit!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #24
peeskekun

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the car because he wants it to look like a show car.. It's a drift car so of course it's not going to be in pristine condition with glass-like paint and a perfect body kit. The videos I have seen about Japanese drifters or just the people that drift in Japan like Alexi(Noriyaro) simply don't give a shit if their DRIFT car looks like "ish" or not. You also can't just say he's mechanically inclined just because he sounds like it. I'm sure there are people out there that I have talked to that would assume the same thing, but I know what the hell I'm talking about. If they don't believe me, that's on them, my car runs perfectly fine with everything that I had fixed on it and had help with. His car looks actually a lot better than most cars here for being around the price range of 3k. Where else can you get a dope 180 with real parts and an sr20 for about 3k? Not here anyway.
yes you are right, alot of drifters cars here are all beat up. they only care about improving their driving skills. lol
Old 02-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #25
Thesickkid

Thesickkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

i was going to leave an insanely sarcastic comment towards you, but you seem like youre capable of learning so let me teach you.

1) falling bumpers hanging lights etc..? youre describing the true essence of drifting..

2) paint is not important. at all

3)"should have gone for a little less molested" , if a cars life is going to revolve around having the snot beat out of it do you seek a clean one to ruin? or go with one thats already a little rough around the edges?
Thesickkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #26
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Subscribed gonna post some comments tomorrow
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #27
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Typical "drift missile" mentality all over this thread, excuse which is killing, or I should say, killed the import car culture.
I'll just get back to reading, nodding my head, and keep my thoughts to myself, im outta here...
OP, hope you keep having fun.

"Essence of drifting" 😂😂😭
Old 02-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #28
Thesickkid

Thesickkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Typical "drift missile" mentality all over this thread, excuse which is killing, or I should say, killed the import car culture.
I'll just get back to reading, nodding my head, and keep my thoughts to myself, im outta here...
OP, hope you keep having fun.

"Essence of drifting" 😂😂😭

THIS thread has NOTHING to do with import car culture it is about DRIFTING. it is almost physically impossible for a beginner/novice driver to have a NICE drift car. the mentallity is practice and seat time. think of it like this practice+seat time = "missle car" (as you call it). how about we stick to just calling it a drift car. not a missle. as for nice shiny clean unscathed cars that drift we can refer to them as "clean drift cars" but to call a banged up drift car a missle is like calling a banged up demolition derby car a "derby missle". are you seeing this logic ?
Thesickkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #29
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Everybody calm their tits. The reason feito is all butt hurt is because "missile culture" has become synonymous with drift culture and they are NOT the same.

Drift culture is what makes missile cars. However, in the drift culture, they are drift cars. Meaning, we don't drive them around town (accept to occasionally get gas or do some needed repair that we can't do in a driveway or parking lot), we don't pull up to meets with them, and we typically don't have them only display. I'll admit, I did use mine to get a girl to stop calling me. But, in general, the badges of honor are reserved for the track.

Missile culture is building a ratty car to take to meets and drive around in. They never see a track and the owners typically have little usable driving skill.

The missile culture is copying a drift culture that was never meant to be on public display.

This is a legitimate drift car. It looks how drift cars look. Again, not the same thing. But I understand the frustration
Old 02-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #30
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Nice 180! I lived in Japan for a few years, and miss it more than anything. I'd go back, but hard when you have a kid.

As for the car, I think it's a bit more than I would have spent. You can pick up a car like that for half the price if you know where to look. That being said, it's perfect for its intended use. The whole argument that "drift" cars are ruining the scene is irrelevant, as the culture in Japan has been well-established for decades, and that car is actually a perfect example of how they do it in Japan. It's all about function over form. Loud, MacGyvered, slightly dodgy repairs, that's the ESSENCE of drift culture in the sports hometown. Fixing bodywork by wrapping a rope around a telephone pole and using the weight of the car to pull out the dents, holding things together with zip ties... if your car looks clean you're not driving it hard enough.

As for language, I agree that you can survive easily with the bare minimum. Arigatou, ikura desuka?, and numbers. I, however, made friends, lovers, got DJing gigs, etc. because of my interest in speaking Japanese as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk