Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2002, 12:48 PM   #1
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well my fuel injectors are pretty much shot (clogged beyond repair) and instead of cleaning them on constant basis i'd rather just replace.  Any suggestions on what 2 use for my stock KA or should i just risk buying 4 more from a used parts dealer.  I'd much rather go performance than stock anyway.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
when I had my KA24E, I bought Python injectors. They worked fine. Don't remember where I got them though.

www.google.com

Eric

Old 11-30-2002, 05:19 PM   #3
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
550cc?
Old 02-23-2003, 04:38 PM   #4
90240ka

90240ka is an unknown quantity at this point
nooooooooooooooooo.

you do not want to exceed the stock fuel injectors, if your engine is totally stock, then just buy some new OEM injectors or remanufactured ones, Ijust bought remanufactured ones, I spent 400.00 dollars on them but it was worth it. I was thinking of getting some performance injectors until I read a thread on here that your fuel will run to rich. I wouldnt get 550cc one till you go turbo. (that is if you go turbo)
Old 02-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #5
GlacierFreeze
Zilvia Member

GlacierFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe I'm wrong, but how would you run rich with bigger injectors? That just allows you to inject more fuel, I don't see how you would run rich. And even if you did run rich, your O2 sensor would detect it and correct it by giving less fuel. Correct me if I'm wrong.
GlacierFreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 07:34 AM   #6
d240t2
Zilvia Member

d240t2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to d240t2
Under WOT or above a certain RPM, the ECU goes into open loop mode. In open loop mode, the ECU no longer monitors the O2 sensor, it just goes off of MAFS voltage to determine the amount of fuel to deliver.

That said, if the ECU thinks it has 270cc injectors, and really it has 550cc injectors, it will put out way too much fuel. It'll see a certain amount of airflow, determine how much fuel to give, then translate that to an injector pulsewidth to determine how long to open the injector.

The step where it goes from how much fuel to how long to open the injector is calculated from injector size. to keep the math simple...if it thinks it has 270cc/min injectors, and it wants to dump 270cc of fuel, it opens for a minute. Now, if you have 550cc injectors, then in that minute that the injector is open, it'll dump 550cc of fuel, not 270.

And even in closed loop mode (where it monitors O2 sensor voltage and changes fuel curves), I would bet that the ECU would throw a code for O2 sensor not responding with that large of injectors. What I mean is, with injectors that large, it'll be way rich. The ECU will drop fuel back a small amount...and it'll still be way rich, so the O2 won't respond. The ECU will try again and again, but the O2 sensor voltage won't be significantly changed by small fuel changes...and the ECU will assume that the O2 sensor is bad and not responding...not that the injectors are way too big and it needs to dump half the fuel it was planning.

In closed loop mode, it still calculates where it should be from MAFS voltage, then it alters it slightly based on O2 sensor voltage. It doesn't base its calculations strictly on O2 sensor voltage.

Dennis
d240t2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 06:39 PM   #7
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

I meant 270cc i keep forgetting i have a ka24e.