Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
SLiguykyle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
SLiguykyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SLiguykyle Send a message via MSN to SLiguykyle Send a message via Yahoo to SLiguykyle
KA NA KA (DE, S13, ITB) manifold modification. need help figuring this out.

Okay, so i'm usually one to swear by the search button, and i hate making new threads, but i've done too much searching and am getting frustrated at the complete lack of information on this.
the only thing i've found that i thought might help, is this thread here
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/273045...must-kept.html
but the pictures are so i have no idea what #1234 means.... so here i go.

I am looking at doing a heavily modified upper manifold for ITBs (similar to that in the NA KA FAQ?) and i have two intake manifolds i can work with, however one of my manifolds is very... questionable... on the coolant inlet (the part the hose goes on) i took this pic from that sticky and circled the part i'm talking about. you will see mine is QUITE rusty and missing part of it (From corrosion).

mine

my question here, is CAN this be replaced? as in, can it be removed and replaced with a custom one, or is it going to destroy the manifold if (say, a machine shop tries) to remove it? and is it necessary to keep all of the additional nipples everywhere? (all of these)

I have been considering running the coolant passages for the radiator, the thermostat bypass, block the throttle body hoses, and loop the heater core hoses(car has nothing behind the dash other than wires and the support bar)... is that the smart way of going about it? or can i simplify it more? so if i've left anything out, or anyone has a flow diagram or any knowledge at all on properly customizing the cooling systems on this motor, PLEASE help. i have already accounted for every other aspect of this build. just need to figure out what to do about my coolant routes. thank you in advance

p.s. pardon the blurry pics, my phone SUCKS at pics. and the dirty ass KA (haven't torn it down yet) doesn't help.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
SLiguykyle
Leaky Injector

Send a message via AIM to SLiguykyle Send a message via MSN to SLiguykyle Send a message via Yahoo to SLiguykyle
*bump* no one in all of zilvialand or even internetland has any info on this? really?
Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you can remove the rusted out coolant pipe from the manifold and just replace it. i dont think that part is available but a fab shop can make/install one for you. as for the rest of the passages, its a good idea to loop them. if you block them, it might create some air pockets that can over heat the engine. the coolant passages for the throttle body can be blocked off.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
SLiguykyle
Leaky Injector

thanks a lot for that i will see how much they will charge to replace that then, and simply loop everything. should be easy enough. thank you