Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
A funny 240 story....

So, as some of you may or may not know... I havent driven my car in years due to my restoration project. How many years? 5. Five long years, and counting.

This means I've been away from the "two-fourty-scene" which also means, I have no idea what it feels like to drive around a modified car, get nods and thumbs up from other car enthusiasts and attention from other 240 owners. Afterall, I dont even drive during the week.. I fucking walk to work. Comedy.

So today I did a few errands and was kickin it with my main man Melvin @ Performance NISSAN, who has a nicely modified silver S13 hatch. We're cruising around the valley here in SoCal, had to go to my machine shop and body shop, etc. I completely forgot how other 240 guys get hard-ons when they see a clean 240. What qualifies as a clean 240? Well for one, Melvin's car is an `89 with only 53k on the odo. Second, its all one color and pretty much original paint. No big dents. Clean 1/4 windows (ahah dave). And a share of nice modifications which I wont get into.

My first reminder was my share of random individuals giving me THUMBS UP for..... driving? I guess they're happy I'm sharing the public road with them, because its like theres this sub-culture of men who like to nod to other men who do things right. So the first few people kept checking the car out and thumbs upping. Now comes the best part of the story........

I'm cruisin around near Sepulveda with a bunch of freshly painted parts in the rear of the hatch, and a fucking crankshaft sitting back there too. All of a sudden I'm doing my mirror rotations checking out my surroundings and I see a red 240 MISSLE kareeming at me! The guy quickly changes lanes and barn-storms** past us using the parking lane. Then the guy cuts left from the parking lanes to the fast lane, passes an 18-wheeler that was ahead of me and then rips back to the right to do what? To fucking get stuck in traffic waiting to make a right hand turn with the rest of the traffic that was up ahead. 5 seconds later, I roll right past him and look over.........

some late teen/early 20s white boy with his girlfriend (who'd benefit from being in our car). The guy looks over and gives us the nod of approval. hahahaha oh man. One of the things that made his rocket-blast past us so entertaining was seeing his car LEAN and DIVE like a fuckin boat as he pulled these crazy maneuvers. I'm pretty sure his girlfriend (or possibly sister) in the car was probably shitting her pants. I mean who the fuck feels comfortable speeding in a shitty, old ass car thats neglected and has beatup suspension, etc?

So not only was the car dipping and diving due to crap-spec suspension, but when we passed his car I noticed the bumper was all fucked up and appeared half secured, I could see all the brackets that secure the headlight buckets. Even better was when traffic cleared so that he could get onto the freeway, he gassed the fuck out of what sounded like a SOHC motor with an exhaust. Out of the exhaust I see nothing but puke-smoke, not black but noticeably white and blue, meaning reminding me and everyone else who shares the public streets how superior and finely tuned his 140HP beast is, and how in need he is for a headgasket (or motor).

Welp, thats my story for the day. If anyone else has any funny 240 street idiot stories, feel free to chime in. If the owner of the red fastback is on this forum:
1) You're a moron.
2) Fix your car.
3) Slow down, please. There are hot girls on public roads. Dont risk damaging a nice set of titties just to be a Speed Racer.

ps: The girl that was in your car, send her to Melvin.

- Mike

** Barn-storming: To use the parking lane (typically reserved for parked cars) in order to barn-storm and rip past other cars in the faster driving lanes.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yee... SOHC KA bishes, 30 more hp than your civic
udon! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hahah i love getting thumbs ups and waves it makes me feel like i did something right with my car haha
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
Trader Rating: (0)
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha holy shit, sounds like the neighbor across the street from me. its a single cam two-tone coupe. in typical poor-retard fashion the headlight covers are black, the car is that white/cream color, the body is busted up all along the sides and his trunk is also black. the car is on factory 4x4 stance with teardrops in the front and steelies in the back and the ubiquitous fart can(on stock everything else). the winning component of this awesome(shit)-box is the taillight covers to make it look like he has r32 taillights.

this douche then proceeds to free-rev this piece of shit coupe for at least 15 minutes a day and at random times, and what more it clearly sounds like that motors old as dirt(which it is) the car sits in place all day then I hear it move about once a week floors it up and down residential streets, where there are always some dumbass kids in the street and then parks it again.

my absolute favorite part of this is what happens next. this ha gone on for about 3 weeks(?) and I notice hes started parking it on the street, also for some reason his whole front end is now black (rear ended someone?) oh yeah, he also put MASSIVE stickers on the front of his car reading "HKS". I have maybe 7k(?) in my car and I dont think I own a single hks product nor a sticker on my car saying whats in it but for some reason, his car is hot shit enough that he has to advertise.

Last edited by genericforumname; 10-07-2009 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: forgot about his fartcan that made it sound like win?
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
great story LMAO

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
great story!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
When I drove simone around with the old version select kit on there, I used to get neck breaking looks all the time and thumbs up from tons of hondas.
Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
after i did my swap i get nothing but mustangs and hondas trying to fuck with me, some dude in a CRX came up on me looked over at me and rev'd and i just looked back with the "are you fuckin dumb?" look on my face, he proceeded to drop 2nd and cross over into v-tec right in my fucking ear and rear end the shit out of a slow moving city worker F-350, it was hilarious

on a side note does anyone ever see this, i park my car on the street infront of my house and every once and a while some honda guy will roll past my house and slow down i guess to look at my car and then they rev and take off, as if i'm out there to see it or something, i don't understand at all but it has happened on several different occasions, i guess its sweet to rev at my car? haha
Old 10-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #9
Bigsyke
Zilvia FREAK!

Bigsyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
3) Slow down, please. There are hot girls on public roads. Dont risk damaging a nice set of titties just to be a Speed Racer.
This is true. Exactly how I think. You may not see these amazing set of titties due to the door panel blocking direct contact, however they could possibly be outstanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
after i did my swap i get nothing but mustangs and hondas trying to fuck with me, some dude in a CRX came up on me looked over at me and rev'd and i just looked back with the "are you fuckin dumb?" look on my face, he proceeded to drop 2nd and cross over into v-tec right in my fucking ear and rear end the shit out of a slow moving city worker F-350, it was hilarious

on a side note does anyone ever see this, i park my car on the street infront of my house and every once and a while some honda guy will roll past my house and slow down i guess to look at my car and then they rev and take off, as if i'm out there to see it or something, i don't understand at all but it has happened on several different occasions, i guess its sweet to rev at my car? haha
The stereotype just cant be broken when it comes to honda drivers. I had a guy in 5pm stop and go traffic sit there, redlining the car (EGG hatch), engaged the ebrake and spun the tires about every 30 feet, while gayzing into my eyes like he was taking a shit. Then he decided that wasnt enough, his cat-less hatch buzzed on the shoulder past traffic- untill the shoulder ended and all he had left was the ditch.

This guy would just show up in traffic out of nowhere, racing people, run red lights.

Or the other honda guys that would tap your bumper in 3rd gear on the highway, nearly spinning a bearing.....for what? They then proceed with complete zeal and udder childish outrage in a tantrum of vtak to B16shit on your ego.

These guys are getting 240's now.
Bigsyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
240sxxs
Zilvia Member

240sxxs is an unknown quantity at this point
lol....my stories is not an idiot-road-bashing ..my is more like happy....
the other days just stop at a red light and parked right behind a boosted s2000 suddenly out of no where....a big loaded truck pull up and the driver said..that a nicest 240 i never seen
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #11
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Stories like Mike's are the reason I have no urge to ever put my 240 back on the road. The few times I drove the current car before tearing it down I couldn't go anywhere without some fool assuming I was looking for a FnF style race or someone following me to a parking lot to instigate a damn interrogation about it. Nothing pisses me off more than having a purpose for going somewhere and being held up by a bunch of ignorant kids who think we're best friends because we drive the same type of car. Why people think I would give a flying fuck about them and their car just because it's also a 240 is beyond me. That shit never made sense to me. A decade ago I could drive anywhere and not be bothered by anyone.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #12
David B S12
Zilvia Junkie

David B S12 is an unknown quantity at this point
forserious though. a dohc ka is not much faster then a sohc at all
David B S12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:26 AM   #13
lowNslow

lowNslow is an unknown quantity at this point
<-Current (egg) driver. Not ALL honda owners are complete retards, yes there are many but most of which are h.s. kids or people who seem to not care about growing up. Just as there are hondas doin ricer flybys there are 240's with open diffs trying to be madd doriftos. What im trying to get at is every type of car scene has its idiots not just cause I have a honda I rev up all the time an race in the streets.
lowNslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:04 AM   #14
sacco sideways
BANNED

sacco sideways is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe not but thats still what were going to think first...
sacco sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:20 AM   #15
sevenstar
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sevenstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i was walking out of quiznos today and saw this kid in a integra with red wheels eyeballing my car. okay he was all googly eyed staring at it, while the car in front of him was stopped i watched him hit the back of the guys car, i couldn't say anything, but he did have an outragiously big wing on his car...
sevenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:19 AM   #16
lob@ller
Leaky Injector

lob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I am waiting to see this happen. If it ever happens near me, I will pull over and wait for the cops to show up so I can tell them exactly how stupid the guy was that caused the wreck. I live in North Jersey and there are FAR too many idiots on the road. I HATE them.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 AM   #17
xawax
Leaky Injector

xawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the roughxawax is a jewel in the rough
i have a good one...

so i'm heading to work in the morning just minding my own business when i spot this car weaving through traffic behind me. he finally manages to get beside me and just sits there, like he was in a big hurry and now he's not...its a civic coupe with body kit and wing and alot of shitty black rattlecan paint. he trys to instigate some fun, but i'm not interested...he proceeds to drop a gear and take off, painfully slow, and go around a car on the inside to be able to hang with my lane of traffic...i move my foot about 1/4 inch, in 5th gear, and keep with him and look over just at the best part...

as he is doing his best to impress, his cheap carbon fiber hood blows up and wraps itself around the rest of his car...he can't see and has to shut it down and pull over....classic
Old 10-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #18
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
in NYC, i see lots of hondas all the time, i never get to experience these stories while i'm driving...i guess i'm just lucky? haha but these are good reads for sure.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #19
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
oh god I get this shit all the time
I have a 01 integra sedan gsr for a daily
clean, low milage, reliable while the 240 is in pieces
almost every day to or from work I get some jackass who wants to race in rush hour traffic
and I hate to say it but its almost always some beat to hell honda
civic, accord, other integra, you name it
I've also had a few
wrx's, 240s, is300's, and beat to hell BMW's
but it ALWAYS seems that the people with the shittiest cars want to race
guess its because they have the least to lose
screw street racing and screw rush hour traffic racing
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #20
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
I used to have people revving at me all the time. Once I got my supermade aero and wheels that stopped completely lol

Last edited by bboyoracle; 10-08-2009 at 09:54 AM..
bboyoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Some dumbass thought it'd be awesome to try and race me(Civic Hatch).

As always, I deny because street racing is just fucking stupid.

Idiot takes off thinking he's bad ass...only to pull over 1/2 a mile down the street with smoke coming out of his engine bay.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #22
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
a friend of mine pointed out something pretty usefull a couple years back and the more i think about it the more i realize its 100% true, this came from a guy with a 600+whp sti "the faster your car is the slower you drive let the idiots who think they have something to prove get pulled over while we cruise because we already know we'd win"

Last edited by landins13; 10-08-2009 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: typo
landins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #23
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
LOL I had a fucking Audi R8 do that to me yesterday on the 405. I also get fan boys videotaping me driving all the time.

Last edited by usdm180sx; 10-08-2009 at 09:58 AM..
usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #24
lilrusty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (37)
lilrusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
ah!! man this just happened to me not to long ago too. stop and go traffic on the fwy and im in my s13 coupe. ive gotten guys wanting to race me before but not like this guy. he was in a last gen prelude with massive wing and "kombat" (lol) style body kit with POS exhaust. so hes next to me and proceeds with the revving and burning out in front of everone. now my fav part is when he flashes money right in front of me and yells if i want to race. i just give him this face like "are u serious?" so he continues to burn out and stuff and takes off. couple min laters i see him on the side of the road with hood open and what looked like a busted radiator hose. funniest shit ever. people just want to live their lives a quarter mile at a time....
lilrusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I see unpainted / primered / burgandy S13s all the time.

The end.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #26
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
All the 200sx/Skyline drivers around here give the obligatory headlight flash or thumbs up when they see each other.

Sometimes get negative attention though. At uni I live in quite a bad area and I used to see people walking past talking photos on their phone, and I had groups of people asking me questions about it when I was working on it (always lied about what was fitted - played the car down quite a lot). One of the first times I brought it to Portsmouth I got chased by a white van which tried to corner me (think they were going to try and steal it there and then). I managed to pull a bit of a risky manoeuvre (in a tight residential area) and lose them. After consulting the forums it seemed a local gang tried exactly the same thing on an R33.

The worst is when you have people that try and tell you about your car. The amount of people that have told me my car is a Skyline (after I've told them its a 200sx) is ridiculous.

One of my best experiences was when I was cruising behind a biker and we stopped at some traffic lights. He lifted his visor and asked me about the engine (he could hear me rumbling away behind him). The same day I pulled into a petrol station and some old American guy started asking me loads of questions about the car (it was standard exterior wise at this point). He looked slightly dissapointed when I told him it was only a 2 liter
Old 10-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #27
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
i gotta say the thing that pisses me off the most is when we are out at a meet and there is always a few people that have to either, A. drive around the parking lot for the entire duration of the night with there body kitted and bondoed Stratus with under glow and music blaring, B. race around the parking lot several times before they park, or C. burnout in the parking lot, then burnout down the street and then immidiately come back and park

ricers are so fucking stupid, no one thinks its cool accept them and the few other fag ricers in the parking lot, god it really just annoys me, key reason i stopped going to our local meet, shit is so whack
Old 10-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #28
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i mean if someone is cruising along with me and waves or gives the thumbsup .. i'll acknowledge him. i'm not about to totally ignor someone. but if that same person decides to try and street race .... i just continue to cruise and act like he is simply passing by.
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsyke View Post
These <honda> guys are getting 240's now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
Stories like Mike's are the reason I have no urge to ever put my 240 back on the road.<snip> A decade ago I could drive anywhere and not be bothered by anyone.
Quote:
i gotta say the thing that pisses me off the most is when we are out at a meet and there is always a few people that have to <act stupid>. key reason i stopped going to our local meet, shit is so whack
ive trimmed down the above quotes, but they nicely summarize why i've fallen into the rut of building my car as opposed to driving my car. of course, i still plan to have this beast ready sometime next year... but it sure is funny to see how its "celebrity status" for anyone who drives that used to be a "secretary's car."

I had a customer come by yesterday, hes dumped over 100k throughout the years into his 300ZX turbo, hoping to *someday* get magazine coverage and win some trophies. Like, seriously? SERIOUSLY? That alone blows my mind, I cant understand how 10 dollar trophies mean anything to anyone other than a 7 year old child... and how is it worth-while to get featured in a magazine? The magazine stuff is fine and dandy, but I sure as hell have no interest in publishing my car in a magazine so every idiot can see my mod list and details. Its just useless bragging rights. Some of the nicest cars I've seen havent been featured, I'de like to be one of those guys. The unknown ones that build shit that amazes people, not the typical monthly "wipe your ass with" mag car.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #30
ixfxi
Post Whore!

I'll share one more story, back when my car was my daily driver... I was cruising down sunset near sepulveda, close to the freeway heading down to the ghetty museum area. Its late at night and I'm sitting with my wifey, waitin for the left arrow to turn green. I heard something that sounded like revving but was too muffled... I mean, it was very quiet.

5 seconds later I look over and apparently some kids were driving mom'n'dads Q45. The driver was revving this muffled V8 and I couldnt hear shit. Either it was too quiet of a car or my car's idle was overshadowing it. So I roll down my window and theres the douchebag driver, his girlfriend (or sister) and another kid in the back. The driver reveals his douchebaggery by asking the universal question of stupidity:

"hey, you drift!???"

ah shit. like seriously, what the fuck do I say. I've been asked this a million times, over and over and fuckin over again. What do they think, like I hit every turn at mach-6 with the rear wheels blazing?

I shake my head in disappointment for our future, as these are the kids that will soon be adults someday. I give him a thumbsup and they all return the gesture and comment that I have a nice car. SIGH.. okay, thanks for the gratitude.

I guess its better than having to listen to my wifes constant nagging & jabbering, but back then we were single.. so I was actually interested in what she said. Amazing how times change.