Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM   #211
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
so on 12/30/16 i decided to go drive horse thief mile for the first time and it happened to be raining. It was my first time on the track and only 2nd time driving in the rain. It was a lot of fun and a learning experience. i got stuck once and thankfully my friend showed up right after i got stuck to pull me out. went back out a few more times then went off super hard and got a bunch of rocks in the bead of my passenger front tire so i had to call it a day early unfortunately

After horse thief i went to Hawthorne to drop my truck and trailer off and a friend picked me up. We stopped by my friend Ernie's shop to pick up some zestinos tires to test out and he was nice enough to let me drive his jzx100.

After leaving Ernie's we went to my friend Jaime's shop to hang out

We headed to a kbbq spot to meet up with one of Jaime's friends who just got back from japan. Got to see a lot of cool cars and cool people

WE then headed to Yuta's shop to hang out and talk. Was nice to hang out with Yuta again and see some of the cool cars he had at the shop

1/1/17 I was able to drive at Grange for andy's tire drift day. I spent most of my day trying to get the entry down and chasing Jose from Socalsidewayz

my day was cut a little short because jose ended up braking after he manji'd a straight section and i couldn't tell he was braking since his brake lights were always on. I put my car where his was supposed to be and by the time i could tell he was stopping and not transitioning back i couldn't slow down enough.
here is the carnage

I also ended up blowing my rear bumper up when i dirt dropped into a puddle

So after the andys tires event i just let my car sit and didnt want to touch it because I started working a little more. Here are a few tows i did that i thought were cool

the coolest one was this ferrari 250gt lusso

Old 08-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #212
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

2/26/17 a friend of mine hosted a private day at thunderhill so I fiberglassed my car back together and got ready for the event. i wasnt able to get the bumper or fender re painted before the event but i thought it looked decent enough for a private day with friends

I decided to drive up the night before the event and camp out so i was the first person at the track when it went hot. During the time no other drivers were there i was able to test out the zestino gredge r and my friend Matt Dion was there to get some pictures of me

I enjoyed the zestinos a lot. They had a ton of grip and the car felt very controlled. The only thing was they didn't last super long like I was hoping.
The rest of my friends and my boss came and we all got to have some fun on track.

I burned through the zestinos before I could tandem with my friend Brandon. i threw on my blitz with some triangles on them and i dropped the down to 20psi in the tires and i still felt like i was ice skating.

I was also able to drive with my friend Corey and his jzx100 unfortunately I don't have any pictures of us driving together.

while i was tandeming with Corey i felt my car lose power but i kept in it until i heard knocking. i pulled off track and my car shut off and wouldn't crank. I loaded my car up and got it all ready to leave then hung around with my friends till they were finished. I got home and unloaded the car and let it sit for a few weeks. I finally decided to pull the sr and get it looked at by my friend Justin. I forgot how horrible my engine bay looked

A few weeks later I went down to SoCal to visit and Ernie was kind enough to invite me to the zestino's BBQ where i was able to check out and sit in Satsukawa's R32

A week or so later Justin sent me pictures of what broke on my sr

Needless to say I started searching for a new block. After that I found a block locally and was able to give everything to Justin to get it all machined and ready. I picked up some little things like a Tomei oil block, Greddy Theromstatic oil filter relocation, Trust Style midmount manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate, GTX2860, Defi VSD II, Strobes and new aero

this is me test fitting the gtx to see what it would look like

I pulled all the wheels off my car to down to wheel flip to get them cleaned and resealed as well as my other pair of Weds built to be my new fronts

my friend let me borrow his daytons so i could have something my car could sit on at my friends muffler shop

My boss had me help him load up a duesenberg motor to take to the Blackhawk Museum and I was able to see a few of his boss' vehicles also

I haven't really been doing much with the car since we are still waiting for the motor to come back from the machine shop. I did go to the Peterson Museum in L.A. and got to see a lot of cool stuff there

hopefully soon ill have the motor back in and send the car off to paint to make the kit fit right
Old 11-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #213
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

9/20/17
My boss was nice enough to let me borrow a tow truck to tow my car to
Justin's shop.

the next day he started taking apart the engine and chassis harness. I decided to have him simplify and clean up the engine harness and build me a new chassis harness using all oem plugs

10/11/17
I went on vacation to Costa Rica for a week and while I was gone Justin assembled my sr and mounted it in the car

Now for the Pictures from Costa Rica starting with the view from the Airbnb

I went on a monkey tour and saw a lot of cool animals

After the monkey tour I went and got food at a restaurant that was made around a US cargo airplane that had been shot down nicaragua in 1986

A couple of my parts I had ordered showed up to Justin's shop while i was in Costa Rica

I was lucky enough to be able to use this sidekick to drive around Costa Rica

I saw an awesome b13 while I was out there

Decided to relax a little and go to the driving range at an expensive resort

The week before I went to Costa Rica there was a big tropical storm that went through the country. The storm uprooted a huge tree at the resort

I flew from Costa Rica to LA to relax a few more days before jumping back into work. While i was there USC had a car show with a lot of really cool cars

When I got back to norcal Justin was just leaving out of the country for business. When he got back I went over to talk to him and figure out when i would be able to send my car to paint. We also figured out how to fit the turbo and wastegate to the manifold and how to run the intercooler piping, exhaust and oil cooler lines.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #214
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sweet progress yo. The color code on that frog looks burst inspired

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #215
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Very cool stuff
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:42 PM   #216
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

November 2017

I dropped my car off to Paul at Wise concept hydrographic in Oregon to have him paint the car

Before i sent the car off to Oregon Justin and i got the turbo mounted and a down pipe made so that Paul could paint the engine bay as well.

Paul started working on my car a couple weeks after I dropped it off to him. He welded up some parts of my front end and engine bay to help make it more sturdy after all the stuff I cut out like a dumbass. He also cut and welded the tubs a little to help make a little more room.

He then had the engine bay sand blasted

He cut up some OEM fenders for me so I could do some dumb shit

Paul pulled out the dent I had next to my tail light

Paul got my front end situated and started mounting up the panels

after he sent me that picture i decided i either needed to get 215/35/18's or lift my front end a little. I'm still trying to decide what would be better to not destroy these fenders

Paul rolled the car out of the shop to give me an idea of my ride height and how the fenders fit with the current tire

Last edited by Lil_D; 02-02-2018 at 11:22 PM..
Lil_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #217
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Front looks so good with those fenders and height..but you don't want rub through them.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #218
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Shut up.

Also.

Bring me panas.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #219
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im hyped this car is still alive. Shoulda stayed onevia though
Old 03-31-2018, 03:09 PM   #220
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

After getting the front end situated Paul started working on making the aero fit

I told him I didn’t want the front bumper to look like the other 326 s13’s and he made started making the front bumper fit exactly how I pictured it.

After he sent me those pics he started fiberglassing the bumper together. he told me that he had to narrow the front bumper about 3.5inches for it to fit

After the front bumper was together he started working on the rear bumper. In the first picture you can see that the upper body line isn’t really visible in these origin fenders

He shortened the side skirts to fit my car and trimmed around the door to make it look cleaner

After all the major fiberglass work was done and the kit was fitted he rolled it outside to get better pictures of how it looks on the car

He added these mounting brackets to the bumper so i can bolt it like its oem if I choose

I was able to find fog lights that fit the 3dstar bumper so Paul made me some brackets to mount the lights onto the bumper

Found out that my origin fenders needed a little more work then the should have for brand new fenders. The gas door hole wasn’t big enough so Paul fixed that and also added the body line into the fender

Paul blocked my car and made everything super nice

He sent me a picture of the color I chose as well as all the parts primed

Old 03-31-2018, 03:14 PM   #221
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

The next day he sent me pictures of the car painted and I’m really happy with the color choice

The color is weird because in different lighting it changes. I chose silver as the accent color for the vents and it turned out really nice as well

my friend George towed my car back down from Bend to Justin’s shop in Modesto.

I met George at Justin’s shop and as soon as the car got there Justin and I started assembling the motor back to where it was so we could build the intercooler piping and exhaust.

we started by making the wastegate dump pipe and the exhaust with the oval piping I purchased

we ran out of oval after that point so the exhaust was put on hold for a little while we did some other stuff. I decided that I wanted to make chrome s14 door handles fit my door panels. My friend was nice enough to let me use his plastic to test on my spare door panel to see how much I would need to add or cut out for the opening.

turns out i needed to add some material to make the handles sit right. After a night of work I was able to make the handles fit properly

i also bought some fabric for the interior pieces

My boss bought a 1981 corolla from one of his friends. the car came with T3 suspension and a NA s15 sr. Justin did the work on this car so we knew it was solid

A couple days later I went back to Justin’s after work and we built my intercooler piping. the original idea was to have a straight coupler off the intercooler but we decided it would be better to use 90’s but we only had one at the time.

I went to atp turbo in hayward to grab a couple 90’s and t bolt clamps so we could start the final assembly on the motor

We were finally able to finish the exhaust and get it all bolted on

Justin had a cool radiator cap he let me have

We bolted up the oil cooler and ps cooler

I decided to tint my corners, fog lights, clear covers and tail lights black (dont have a picture with the tinted covers because i bought new ones after i took those pics

I got a pair of 215/35/18’s for the front so I cant try and save my fenders a little

My buddy Alex happened to have a pair of shakitto plates he sold me.

On 3/24/18 my boss let me borrow the corolla to do a drift event with him and some other friend. He was also kind enough to let me use the tow truck to tow the corolla and my friends e36 to thunder hill for some seat time before super d.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:15 AM   #222
Flip2Flow
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Flip2Flow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
y00000 the car is looking fire!!!! Love the work that Paul has done!
Flip2Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:41 AM   #223
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
that fiberglass work is absolutely phenomenal
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:58 AM   #224
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
You had me at F40...

Great F'ing thread and love the final paint choice!
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #225
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Holy fuck! That's a whole lotta work to make that kit fit and it came out great, that's something to admire. good job man! Please dont put it against a wall.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:05 AM   #226
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
You're crazy, can't wait to see it in person.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #227
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
car is looking seriously cool now
Old 04-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #228
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Fuck off man. That looks so damn good.
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:23 PM   #229
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
this thread should be the new RIP56kdialup thread

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #230
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
its coming together really nice... its great to see this car evolve
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:01 AM   #231
dalecl9
Leaky Injector

dalecl9 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow i love all the custom work to make that kit fit! So how hard is it to get in and out of the car with lambo doors???
dalecl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #232
Makstraw
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Makstraw is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sooooo much win in this thread. Love the kit.
Makstraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #233
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks amazing !
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 09:20 AM   #234
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
holy cock this is dope
koukizhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:50 PM   #235
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Good god, I just spent the better part of two hours going through your entire thread and am blown away
So many unique touches, keep it up OP. Subbed
Old 04-05-2018, 06:51 AM   #236
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Damn Derek this is awesome!
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:36 PM   #237
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
what is an overal size of that intercooler and pipes diameters that you choose?

cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:35 AM   #238
Zero-Offset
Zilvia Junkie

Zero-Offset is an unknown quantity at this point
damn dude. this thing is unreal now!! so crazy how far its come. love the dedication to sticking with the same chassis!
Old 04-07-2018, 07:38 AM   #239
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Amazing work. That color is crazy good!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #240
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
lots of work done, please don't wreck this!!!
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote