Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #61
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
the only other thing i'm gonna say about it is, if its good enough for emperor koguchi, its good enough for me!

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #62
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
I know the owner of this car, he lives here in NC. When I met him in 2001, he had it in his mind that he would make and sell his own version of those lights.

In 2004, he was CLOSE to completing it, and they were looking damn good. I was interested. I am pretty sure he rarely even moves his 240 much anymore.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #63
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I know the owner of this car, he lives here in NC. When I met him in 2001, he had it in his mind that he would make and sell his own version of those lights.

In 2004, he was CLOSE to completing it, and they were looking damn good. I am pretty sure he rarely even moves his 240 anymore.
You should probably have him give me those lights for Christmas.

Quote:
Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #64
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
RedSiBaron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Would you mind PMing me his contact info Phlip?

And thanks for all the reference pics guys they should help a lot. I'm currently thinking odds how I can make them even more modern construction.
RedSiBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #65
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
You should probably have him give me those lights for Christmas.
You should probably hold your breath.
I have seen him part, restore/flip and move SEVERAL cars in the time we've known one another and NOTHING on that one gets removed/parted.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:12 AM   #66
knifedag007

Trader Rating: (0)
knifedag007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any updates on this Baron???
knifedag007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #67
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Has anyone attempted putting 2nd generation NSX headlights on an S13?
The size and angles are close enough, one would just need to trim the hood mainly.
It would probably look better than any of the bolt-on fixed headlights ever made for the S13. Since all of them retain the square shape it just makes it obvious that the car is supposed to have pop-up headlamps.

Though as far as bolt-on fixed headlamps go, the Zesty Racing ones are definitely the best-looking.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #68
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post

they bolt on to the front of the headlight bucket, and you insert whatever hella 90mm modules you want in there..
I don't get it why these and lexan piece are not for sale yet. This is enough for anybody to make their lights the way they want them to be - square, round, HID's or not. It won't even be close to $200 and you'll make good profit by selling a lot of them. If you want to sell them for $500-$1000 then include everything in good quality kit. Few rich fanboys will get it so they can be "special".
Go for DIY kit - Lexan and frame only or don't bother.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #69
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Here you go:
incorporate half of the oem lights covers to cut on Lexan material use

-MORE PROFIT!

looks even better to.

Just do it, or I'll copy it and start selling it in one month.

Ready, set, go!
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #70
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lexan would not work, it would look like crap after a few months of use... unless you use that protective clear vinyl stuff. Lexan gets scratches really easy, by just washing your car it would get scratched up by the dirt/dust.
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
...this is zilvia; prepare to get your feelings hurt.
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #71
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
High impact acrylic would be the best choice, just not polyethelene like oem lenses or they would oxidize quickly given their mostly flat orientation. The reason there is not a product like this is the 240sx community is not what it once was. It's full of broke kids who would rather buy a cheap bodykit and rotas and put their car into a parking lot pole. Anyone who would have interest in something like this would probably just make a one off set for themselves.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #72
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
IMO, I think its an ugly modification. What are the differences (aerodynamically) between these headlights and the OEM pop-ups when they are not on? Who is racing in the darkest hours of the night where the difference between winning and losing are a set of headlights like these? LOL.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #73
ryceboy_124
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
ryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruinryceboy_124 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have a set of ABFlugs...bought them about a year ago and haven't come around to even I stalling them. I'll do it...someday.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #74
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryceboy_124 View Post
I have a set of ABFlugs...bought them about a year ago and haven't come around to even I stalling them. I'll do it...someday.
Ehhhhhhhhh you should probably just sell em to me. They'd go great with my koguchi fenders.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #75
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
IMO, I think its an ugly modification. What are the differences (aerodynamically) between these headlights and the OEM pop-ups when they are not on? Who is racing in the darkest hours of the night where the difference between winning and losing are a set of headlights like these? LOL.
scca classes that race in the rain (which is like every one of them) require functional headlights. so this would be a lightweight aerodynamic option. that's why I was thinking of building them. plus all it takes is one bump in the front and your pop ups wont pop up because the lid shifts or something bends and it gets stuck on the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryceboy_124 View Post
send one of them to me so I can 3d scan it here at work so i can reverse engineer these easy, and then ill send it back within a week.

Quote:
Ehhhhhhhhh you should probably just sell em to me. They'd go great with my koguchi fenders.
if you wait ill make them better than the originals

though I know ive been dragging my feet since im just not at the point where I can even mock these up on my own car. sorry about that
Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #76
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Use these headlight buckets with some cool HID projectors. The further set the projectors are, the more alright it looks. I think Chaser Aero sells a replica.

Then put some kind of a lexan/plexiglass/clear cover over them, but make sure the cover extends all the way to the end of the bumper cutout, instead of just to where the pop-up headlight would end. And paint the bumper cutout to match the inside of the headlight.

Something similar to this, but less MS Painty. Instant Koenigsegg, McLaren F1, Dauer 962, or whatever supercar you want to pretend to be driving.

I have pondered flush-mounted headlights before, but arrived at the conclusion that the only way it will ever look as good/better than stock is if you can make them appear as if they could have come on the car from the factory. Otherwise something about them will always look off.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #77
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
something like Rosebud's headlight with a smaller NSX type headlight would look nice. The only thing holding me back from cutting the oem cover and installing the nsx headlight is having to make a plastic surround to make it look oemish instead of just a big hole like rosebud has, Nagano pulled it off on that car but i know my car would look like a third of zilvia chopped up missiles if i do it...
Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #78
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

fyi that above is not a cut up oem cover almost guaranteed., thats probably painted fiberglass...

I could do an optional NSX lens no problem for people wanting to run projector HID deals.

I am on the other hand am going to stick to old fashion halogens for the purpose of reliable simplicity.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #79
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
do you turds even understand the costs involved with the 2nd-gen NSX headlights? NSX owners gripe and have a hard time justifying the expense, I cant imagine you dumb/broke 240 owners attempting to install $3000 worth of headlights on the front-end of your piece of shit cars. this, of course, excluding any cost or effort needed to actually mount and fiberglass the headlights so that they actually bolt-on and look proper.

you guys keep posting up photos of cars that are using fog/driving lights as headlights with a 10-cent plastic cover over them.

this thread is a fucking pipe dream.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #80
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
do you turds even understand the costs involved with the 2nd-gen NSX headlights? NSX owners gripe and have a hard time justifying the expense, I cant imagine you dumb/broke 240 owners attempting to install $3000 worth of headlights on the front-end of your piece of shit cars. this, of course, excluding any cost or effort needed to actually mount and fiberglass the headlights so that they actually bolt-on and look proper.

you guys keep posting up photos of cars that are using fog/driving lights as headlights with a 10-cent plastic cover over them.

this thread is a fucking pipe dream.
you mean people keep posting their pipe dreams in response to a thread about making replica/ abflug style headlights that will end up costing about the price of the real deal most likely...

im just going to make them for me at this point and if someone wants to pay me to build them a set, they can. I know a few people will put down the money. I need lights for my racecar besides pop ups, ill build them to my needs. no projectors, no hids, good ol fashion hellas. done.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #81
brndck
Premium Member

+1 /\/\/\
And also, nsx lights can be done for under $800.
Once again, mike insists that you need $374058 headlights on your car or else the universe will explode.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #82
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
you guys are smoking cock

find me 2nd-gen NSX headlights for under $800
i will buy as many sets as you can supply
Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #83
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
you guys are smoking cock

find me 2nd-gen NSX headlights for under $800
i will buy as many sets as you can supply
my bad, i missed the part where you said SECOND gen.

Quote:
Old 09-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #84
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
do you turds even understand the costs involved with the 2nd-gen NSX headlights?
i was referring to first gen NSX, the popup style... i would pay a good amount for a well made kit. I just paid almost $1.5k on a kognition wing i have no problem spending it on good lighting... i was going to buy your kit a long time ago but since you don't ship them (for obvious quality reasons) i've always skipped everything else on the market since most of it is ebay crap with hids fitted badly...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #85
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
i was referring to first gen NSX, the popup style... i would pay a good amount for a well made kit. I just paid almost $1.5k on a kognition wing i have no problem spending it on good lighting... i was going to buy your kit a long time ago but since you don't ship them (for obvious quality reasons) i've always skipped everything else on the market since most of it is ebay crap with hids fitted badly...
Careful now, there isn't enough real estate on Mike's junk to take on any more nut swingers....

Ask me how I know!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #86
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
my bad, i missed the part where you said SECOND gen.
I thought the entire point of this thread was for FLUSH headlights.

Then some dimwit decides to post a photo of a 2nd-gen, as if an s-chassis can be made to look like that. It cant, it just cant be done right. And if it is possible, the costs exceed the effort.

Thats the thing about this industry, there are people that wont take no for an answer. Thats all fine and dandy, as long as they understand the significant cost and labor involved in pursuing (and completing) their objective.

Its either something is too expensive (story of my life) or that the person simply never finishes a project they set out to do (story of most guys on zilvia). Millions of pending unfinished projects............ like my S13.

Quote:
If you want it bad enough, do your research, buy your parts, and give it a shot. You're in Puerto Rico, you guys know how to work with what you got. Thats the way I've always done things. If you dont want to deal with the bullshit, buy a pair of Cibie 200mm headlights and call it a day. It works for TONS of enthusiasts and no one EVER complains after going with those headlights. Simple, effective, and inexpensive - you have my word on that.

oh, and in regards to the 1st-gen NSX headlights... I just dont get it. The optics arent anything out of the ordinary. They're good, but not great by any means. With that said, why attempt to install something that simply doesnt fit? Matej insists that he can make it work, more power to him. I looked at it a few times and said NO WAY. Those headlights have a chinaman's chance in hell in fitting. I'de love to see it happen, but I highly doubt its possible to be done properly.

properly (my definition):
- lifts and retracts
- optics are correctly aligned
- vehicle body & core support is not hacked
- uses an OEM-style bezel that fits and looks proper
Old 09-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #87
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Rambo slice is on the path to ruinRambo slice is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i think you should try to make an improved version of supermade buckets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti View Post

stolen from dorisha appreciation thread
Rambo slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #88
RedSiBaron
Zilvia Junkie

why? those are an aero drag and ugly, and this is a thread about abflug style lights.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #89
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

If you want it bad enough, do your research, buy your parts, and give it a shot. You're in Puerto Rico, you guys know how to work with what you got. Thats the way I've always done things. If you dont want to deal with the bullshit, buy a pair of Cibie 200mm headlights and call it a day. It works for TONS of enthusiasts and no one EVER complains after going with those headlights. Simple, effective, and inexpensive - you have my word on that.

properly (my definition):
- lifts and retracts
- optics are correctly aligned
- vehicle body & core support is not hacked
- uses an OEM-style bezel that fits and looks proper

I'm a 2 trimester away mechanical engineer, so i've learned to work with what i got also, but knowing that at this moment i wouldn't end up with a good looking/working product i'm not even starting on this thing. When i get a good design idea i'll jump into it. Since my car has a midmount (it's mostly a track oriented car), it doesn't have retractors just the flipups held correctly in place, so having them stay lifted is not a problem. I wouldn't hack the support in any way, i find that stupid. and THAT last point is what holds me back... a plastic/aluminium bezel that hides everything around the headlight. I've gotten a dozen ideas on brackets and good positioning for the optics but without a good idea for that bezel to cover it im not even starting.

Now for my daily vert, i'm looking for something that REALLY works to improve lighting and is oem placement, and that's why i will be using Cibies and good output halogen bulbs.

About the optics, i'm trusting your word that they aren't anything out of the ordinary. But having a divided low and high beams has to be a plus so i can put the low beam correctly (realign after lowering the car) and be able to allign the high beam to a better position since i wouldn't only use them in extreme cases they wouldn't blind traffic from opposite direction. And to be sincere i want that lowered headlight look like the nsx and gt3000 but in NO way will i hack up a ebay headlight and just install any hid projector and don't care to use those supermade things with foglights either, at the moment NSX headlights are the best idea i've gotten, assuming i can position them correctly and align them correctly.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #90
ixfxi
Post Whore!

^ this is the reason people are stupid, they like things that look "bitchin" but work like total shit. There is a reason cars dont have tiny headlights like that, because they dont exist. Those are fog/driving lights, not headlights.

Nothing like telling your friends that your racecar is so fast, it out-runs the headlights at 30mph.

Quote:
About the optics, i'm trusting your word that they aren't anything out of the ordinary. But having a divided low and high beams has to be a plus so i can put the low beam correctly (realign after lowering the car) and be able to allign the high beam to a better position since i wouldn't only use them in extreme cases they wouldn't blind traffic from opposite direction. And to be sincere i want that lowered headlight look like the nsx and gt3000 but in NO way will i hack up a ebay headlight and just install any hid projector and don't care to use those supermade things with foglights either, at the moment NSX headlights are the best idea i've gotten, assuming i can position them correctly and align them correctly.
You dont need to trust my word, just think about it... the 1st-gen NSX lights were designed in the early 90s for a 90s-era car. They are expensive, fairly bulky, and simply wont fit into our cars without some heavy modification. I wont say impossible, I just wont say it would be proper when done.

You hear people say how good S2000 optics are. Whatever. I never found them to be anything special or holy. Just another HID projector.

Nowadays, there are a LOT of newer optics worth looking into. Many companies are now making LED versions of the 90mm low and high beam modules, it may be worth looking into.

I'm just one guy who happens to fab things up, I'm not the end-all fabricator. I think a lot of you guys can build something of quality as long as you dont cut corners. In the end, you'll probably find out how time consuming and expensive it is in the long run... but thats usually how things work out.

Do your research, you'll find newer/better/more modern components that will make your life a lot easier as opposed to trying to use old parts from an older sportscar. Besides..... the NSX is slow.