Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
joefro21

Trader Rating: (0)
joefro21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hybrid Audio Silvia Spec GTR - Free orgasm, chec this out

Probably one of the finest 240's in existence, purely my opinion, but apparently some judge's think so about the build as well. Plz, comments, opinion's about this free orgasm, would like to read some comments about this beast of a beauty

Youtube link for the vid : HybridAudioHAT's Channel - YouTube
joefro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #2
280zx2by2
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
280zx2by2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefro21 View Post
Probably one of the finest 240's in existence, purely my opinion, but apparently some judge's think so about the build as well. Plz, comments, opinion's about this free orgasm, would like to read some comments about this beast of a beauty

Youtube link for the vid : HybridAudioHAT's Channel - YouTube
At apx. 2:07 the car became completely *Snip*.
280zx2by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
nightsauce
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
nightsauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nightsauce
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280zx2by2 View Post
At apx. 2:07 the car became completely *Snip*.
Agreed. Xzibit worked on the interior
Old 10-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
not my cup of tea.

btw there's a media section.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
The car is a VERY specific, purpose built SQi vehicle... it should not be judged for anything more than what it is. With that being said, it does it better than any other vehicle, EVER.

I posted this vehicle in the interior thread earlier this year... there is a lot of man hours that went into this thing... a lot! Scott is my boy... great guy, good family man and builds the best car audio speakers ever manufactured. I am honored to be able to sell Hybrid Audio speakers.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #6
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I don't see how a car can be gay. You may not like, but there's no other car out there with the attention to detail shown here. I personally assembled the entire suspension, steering, and brakes on it and just the level of cleanliness there can't be measured. Every single piece was taken apart, cleaned, powdercoated, then reassembled. We spent easily sixteen hours just measuring, ordering, then later machining the hardware to put it all together. There isn't a single hex head bolt anywhere, everything is cap head, stainless steel. Like or not you have to respect that level of dedication.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #7
rb25det powered S14
Leaky Injector

rb25det powered S14 is an unknown quantity at this point
sexy from the outside but as soon as you get into the interior, it turns into a all male orgy with teamed up with a few STD infested new york honda owners.. Wanking V-TAK all over eachothers faces.. but from an audio view, its a nice setup.. so i guess its all in the eye of the viewer..

RB25DET POWERED!!!!!!!
rb25det powered S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
pandaroo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
pandaroo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i hate cars like this. yes it has incredible craftsmanship which i can appreciate but it has a split personality. the car has a motor capable of over 1000 horsepower which means business, but on the other hand it has a retarded interior loaded to the brim with audio equipment, and doesnt even have a back window wtf? if you wana load down a vehicle with this shit stick with a escalade or something. not a two door sports car.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
There isn't a single hex head bolt anywhere, everything is cap head, stainless steel.
Are cap head bolts supposed to better than hex head?

I have always wondered because I see a lot of aftermarket companies use them, but I find them to always strip much faster than regular bolts, plus allen keys are a pain to work with and I feel like I cannot use them to get a bolt as tight as I would a hex bolt with a socket wrench. Also, the head of cap head bolts does not cover as much area as the head of a regular hex bolt, which is another disadvantage I see in them.

By the way, I am not criticizing this specific car, I am genuinely curious about bolts.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
280zx2by2
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I don't see how a car can be gay. You may not like, but there's no other car out there with the attention to detail shown here. I personally assembled the entire suspension, steering, and brakes on it and just the level of cleanliness there can't be measured. Every single piece was taken apart, cleaned, powdercoated, then reassembled. We spent easily sixteen hours just measuring, ordering, then later machining the hardware to put it all together. There isn't a single hex head bolt anywhere, everything is cap head, stainless steel. Like or not you have to respect that level of dedication.
That's cool, I bet there are plenty of auto audio/electronics forums that would love it. But to me its the same as some one paying very close attention to detail in wrapping their interior trim in comic book pages and zebra striping everything else.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
KOME
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
KOME is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That interior looks like horse shit not horse leather..... didn't even know people used horse leather.
KOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
i hate cars like this. yes it has incredible craftsmanship which i can appreciate but it has a split personality. the car has a motor capable of over 1000 horsepower which means business, but on the other hand it has a retarded interior loaded to the brim with audio equipment, and doesnt even have a back window wtf? if you wana load down a vehicle with this shit stick with a escalade or something. not a two door sports car.
People think that putting a lot of weight and stereo in a 240SX is 'ruining' it, seriously? It's a $3000 car at best in OE form, it's not like he's using a Ferarri or something super expensive and purpose built. And people build SUVs with big blocks, turbos, nitrous, are they wrong for doing that? To each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Are cap head bolts supposed to better than hex head?

I have always wondered because I see a lot of aftermarket companies use them, but I find them to always strip much faster than regular bolts, plus allen keys are a pain to work with and I feel like I cannot use them to get a bolt as tight as I would a hex bolt with a socket wrench. Also, the head of cap head bolts does not cover as much area as the head of a regular hex bolt, which is another disadvantage I see in them.

By the way, I am not criticizing this specific car, I am genuinely curious about bolts.
I don't see any differences, Scott just has always liked using them because they're unique. I torqued everything to OE spec though using quality metric sockets, not just allen wrenches, and there's flat and lock washer where needed.
When he decided to do them all throughout the car it really was a big decision since the cost is insane. A lot of places won't custom machine bolts, or they'll only do it in runs of 100 or so, and the ones readily available are the same way in most cases. I don't know the numbers but I'd figure there's $2000 just in hardware on the car. Some of these kids don't even have that in their entire car.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
280zx2by2
Zilvia Member

Quote:
People think that putting a lot of weight and stereo in a 240SX is 'ruining' it, seriously? It's a $3000 car at best in OE form, it's not like he's using a Ferarri or something super expensive and purpose built.

I guess you over looked the $8000+ Engine in the car.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
joefro21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
I do have to agree on the split personality thing, yet I somehow love the fact that this thing can go either route and run a true auto show, showing off both sides of it's personality to near perfection. It can show up at a regular auto show where performance is the key, yet roll on to sound show without skipping a beat. I have to admit, both sides of the split personality were pulled off in one car.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
Cheesy Doriftos
Zilvia Member

Cheesy Doriftos is an unknown quantity at this point
not my style, but the craftsmanship is exquisite
Old 10-13-2011, 12:54 PM   #16
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Poor horses. I always loved this car but I just noticed after call the money thrown into it..they couldn't xbuy a better strut bar than that Megan racing/eBay looking bar? Cusco at least should've been inside.
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #17
WillEastS14

WillEastS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
People think that putting a lot of weight and stereo in a 240SX is 'ruining' it, seriously? It's a $3000 car at best in OE form, it's not like he's using a Ferarri or something super expensive and purpose built. And people build SUVs with big blocks, turbos, nitrous, are they wrong for doing that? To each his own.

I don't see any differences, Scott just has always liked using them because they're unique. I torqued everything to OE spec though using quality metric sockets, not just allen wrenches, and there's flat and lock washer where needed.
When he decided to do them all throughout the car it really was a big decision since the cost is insane. A lot of places won't custom machine bolts, or they'll only do it in runs of 100 or so, and the ones readily available are the same way in most cases. I don't know the numbers but I'd figure there's $2000 just in hardware on the car. Some of these kids don't even have that in their entire car.
SMH mannn u whylin son. that engine bay alone eats ur car....... lol that touch screen is dope..but the rest of that car's interior is FUGLY like u said to each his own..... but that shyt has SWAG
Old 10-13-2011, 01:17 PM   #18
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Although not practical in any sense of the word, I can appreciate this car for what it is. Hearing Hybrid Audio stuff with my own ears, I can attest that there is nothing out there better. Nothing.

I would love to jam out in this thing for days.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280zx2by2 View Post
I guess you over looked the $8000+ Engine in the car.
That's not what I said. Learn how to read. The car in stock form, a 1995 SE, is worth $3000 today. True he bought it brand new and has invested countless dollars past that, but to build the same thing today would only require $3000 (or less) to buy the platform to build on. Not really ruining anything since that's throw away money. Kids like you probably invest even less than that to buy their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillEastS14 View Post
SMH mannn u whylin son. that engine bay alone eats ur car....... lol that touch screen is dope..but the rest of that car's interior is FUGLY like u said to each his own..... but that shyt has SWAG
I don't read ebonics, but what does this car have to do with my car? I don't even own a 240 anymore.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #20
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I don't read ebonics, but what does this car have to do with my car? I don't even own a 240 anymore.
Threads like this probably remind you why you dont come on here anymore.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #21
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
You gotta admit. That is pretty damn impressive. So is it an original Silvia or is he just calling it that now?

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #22
280zx2by2
Zilvia Member

Quote:
That's not what I said. Learn how to read. The car in stock form, a 1995 SE, is worth $3000 today. True he bought it brand new and has invested countless dollars past that, but to build the same thing today would only require $3000 (or less) to buy the platform to build on. Not really ruining anything since that's throw away money. Kids like you probably invest even less than that to buy their car.

Yes, that car originally cost around $3000 Mr. Obvious. But that still means jack shit to the point that the car is NO LONGER a $3000 dollar car with an $8000 engine in it.

And isn't it a bit contradictory to be investing a lot of money upfront in stock cars that in your mindset are a dime a dozen?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #23
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
For all the people talking about how ugly the interior is, or how "unnecessary" the audio is and such garbage... It could have no sound, no interior, with a stock seat, steering wheel, and cluster ziptied to the dash support and still be cleaner than almost any other car here, with more power, and likely better handling.

It's one thing to say "I don't like it" or "It's not my style". But the insults to a vehicle which represents a standard of quality that high?

Nitpicking jealous haters, the lot of you. This isn't an argument, it's a statement. Any who choose to reply to it or get upset over it, feel free to enjoy your guilty conscience alone.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:50 PM   #24
joefro21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
For all the people talking about how ugly the interior is, or how "unnecessary" the audio is and such garbage... It could have no sound, no interior, with a stock seat, steering wheel, and cluster ziptied to the dash support and still be cleaner than almost any other car here, with more power, and likely better handling.

It's one thing to say "I don't like it" or "It's not my style". But the insults to a vehicle which represents a standard of quality that high?

Nitpicking jealous haters, the lot of you. This isn't an argument, it's a statement. Any who choose to reply to it or get upset over it, feel free to enjoy your guilty conscience alone.
lmfao you're right though, even a fucking zip tied cluster gauge wouldn't make this thing ugly.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
harrypotter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
harrypotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I like the car but do not understand calling it a Silvia spec GT-R. Think that would mean it would be a skyline with a SR in it.

Really want to see video of the blackout windows.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
joefro21

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter View Post
I like the car but do not understand calling it a Silvia spec GT-R. Think that would mean it would be a skyline with a SR in it.

Really want to see video of the blackout windows.
Why are people still commenting on the name, he could have called it a ford gtr for all I care, it is a damn 95 240 w/rb26, who cares what he called it?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #27
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, lots of jealous hate in here! I can appreciate the car for the work he's put into it and the results he achieved, "highest scoring car ever recorded in any organized competition, in any format and in any country" ???!!! Nice!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
This thread is why Zilvia sucks.
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #29
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This car is cool. i don't understand how people could hate on dedication. the people hating probably have nicer cars than this and can talk about 'taste' and 'style' because they have it on their car.

Noobs in here can STFU or GTFO.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #30
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
is this the one with the electrochromatic window tint?
i didnt watch the whole vid

if it IS
i MUST KNOW where i can get it.
not for my s13 though
shit would be ILL on my is350
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote