Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Gauging interest: S13 fire extinguisher bracket.

Treading lightly: This is for interest only. if its good, a vendor account will be set up and a group buy will be created on these.

Gauging interest: My work offers fire extinguisher brackets for subarus. One of them is very close fitment for my s13. My boss said if there is enough interest we could get s-chassis fitment bent up and up for sale. This solves the idea of a bolt in, off the shelf application for a metal mounted extinguisher that many drift events require. Price would LIKELY be about 40-45 shipped via usps. We also stock maxout fire extinguishers in 1 and 2.5lbs for a kit at a different price. Our bracket is designed for use with these as they come with their own mount to attach to the bracket. All brackets come to us powder coated black. Here is a picture of our product in a subaru, and below is a picture of the bracket and how it mounts to the bracket should you purchase the extinguisher.

Last edited by tuzzio; 05-25-2016 at 11:46 AM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does this clear the seat? or does the seat have to stay all the way back?
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellopuppet View Post
Does this clear the seat? or does the seat have to stay all the way back?
i'm unsure about stock seats. it likely clears my brides, but if I have enough interest in this that will be confirmed.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:10 AM   #4
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Make it adjustable (or multiple holes) and you can sell it to a bunch of markets with one design.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
very cool. I wants one or maybe even more than one.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:25 PM   #6
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is cool. I have mine in this exact spot but I just drilled through the floorboard.

I'd be down but I run a 5 pound bottle.

Expected price point?
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #7
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Great product, love that it's a bolt-in solution!
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #8
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'd be interested
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #9
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Way cheaper than my 3M fire suppression kit
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #10
day_sx

day_sx is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in for this
day_sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #11
Jason9011
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (11)
Jason9011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'd also be interested in this.
Jason9011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #12
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Does the $45 include a fire extinguisher? If so I like your price point, if not...
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:28 AM   #13
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
looking good here. I am in also
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #14
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandriftingfat View Post
This is cool. I have mine in this exact spot but I just drilled through the floorboard.

I'd be down but I run a 5 pound bottle.

Expected price point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Does the $45 include a fire extinguisher? If so I like your price point, if not...
Thank you everybody for the kind words.

The bracket itself will likely be 40-45 shipped. Its looking like this is definitely going to happen. Going to get some overall measurements and green light it. Hopefully have the products back within 2 weeks of the next few days.

unfortunately, the price point were at does NOT include the extinguisher. We offer max out extinguishers (which the brackets are designed for use with as they are direct automotive extinguishers. We have them in stock in 1lb and 2.5 pounds, pictured was a black 1LB.)

The extinguishers are listed on our site for $75 for a 1LB. I'd likely be trying to work on a package deal for you guys, where maybe I could do $125 ISH shipped in the lower 48. We will see how it goes as I will keep updating.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #15
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
I am interested too!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #16
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
I am interested too!
Awesome. We do offer international shipping but unfortunately the price will reflect the shipping charge FYI.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #17
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
these could also possibly fit R32's
Old 05-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #18
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
these could also possibly fit R32's
Id say so. You can bolt GTR seats in S chassis so the bracket should be the same.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:00 PM   #19
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I have my extinguisher at that spot but it's bolted to the floor and it clears the passenger seat with no problem (2.5lbs fire extinguisher).

If you can make the bracket sit flush against the floor, you're golden.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:54 PM   #20
zach3904

zach3904 is an unknown quantity at this point
In for this too
zach3904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:07 PM   #21
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Interested
Old 05-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #22
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is sick - Beats drilling into the floor pan. $45 for the bracket is pretty reasonable.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #23
shawn1331
Leaky Injector

shawn1331 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Id say so. You can bolt GTR seats in S chassis so the bracket should be the same.
Ah maybe, the back left bolt doesnt line up for r32/schassis so the bracket may or may not work. As i recall when i did gtr seats in my s13 the r32 bracket sits back like 1-1.5" off the stock s13 mount so the bracket could possibly be modified?
shawn1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #24
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Modded an existing bracket and test fit a 1lb extinguisher in my car today with my after market seats. Will be confirming fitment tomorrow or thursday on an s13 with stock passenger seat. Assuming it should fit an s14 as well as the seats use the same mounting points.

I did notice that the bracket could have less of a bend on the mounting points and I will try to address this when theyre made due to the way nissan designed staggered mounting points. However, if this doesn't clear your seat set up (because theres a zillion combinations out there) the bracket can most certainly be bent downward toward the floor for clearance.

Last edited by tuzzio; 05-25-2016 at 11:44 AM..
Old 05-25-2016, 11:41 AM   #25
tuzzio
Post Whore!

test fitted the bracket in an s13 with a stock passenger seat. The 1lb and 2.5lb both fit. I'm going to aim to get the bracket flush with the floor. But it does fit even if you had to lightly bend it downward.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #26
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
test fitted the bracket in an s13 with a stock passenger seat. The 1lb and 2.5lb both fit. I'm going to aim to get the bracket flush with the floor. But it does fit even if you had to lightly bend it downward.
Thats what i was looking for, good stuff man.
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #27
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellopuppet View Post
Thats what i was looking for, good stuff man.
Thanks man. Its definitely good enough for an s-chassis. Now that that stuff is squared away, i'm going to get it pushed into "production"
Old 05-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #28
sean2000gt
Leaky Injector

sean2000gt is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah! my turbo blanket caught fire the other day and scared the bajezzus outa me. This is great timing. Ha. Definitely interested in a package deal!
sean2000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #29
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Me too, i run fire suppression in my car, but having a bottle in the car is also a great backup. I'm in for a package deal!
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #30
snags
Zilvia Member

snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill add my .02 cents for one that cares..
A 2.5 lb fire extinguisher is not enough, and a 1 pounder is a fricken joke. Pretty much only good for rice points IMO. Dont piss around and get a 5 pound ABC extinguisher minimum
snags is offline   Reply With Quote