Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-22-2016, 01:10 AM   #1
Voilet240

Trader Rating: (0)
Voilet240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Voilet 240sx build

Hi guy's my name is Ezra. New to the forums here in zilvia ive always been a huge fan of going onto zilvia or other forums to check out other peoples 240/180 builds ect. And ive always wanted to start my own build thread. Little back story since i was in jr high the 240sx caught my eye i grew emotionally attatched to them i rarely saw them since its a rare car in my area. Id walk to school day dreaming about what turbo kit i should get or what modifications should i do first. It was a great excitment. But i was never in a position to own one. my first car was 2000 jeep cherokee which i still own and drove that for a couple years until i got money and bought a subaru drove that for a year and a half and realized that buying a n/a impreza was a horrible mistake i had done some autocross and rally cross events in it and enjoyed it! but the aftermarket support sucked bad. We'll after a few years of wanting one bad i decided to sell my subaru. Tip never sell a car to a freind! But besides that i had been searching craigslist for about 3 weeks im from utah u.s.a and i was looking into flying down to arizona or driving to nevada or california but none of the 240s ive seen really caught my eye most had been swapped to a dual cam or 5 speed swap or even missing Half the interior which was a no no. But i was sitting outside the strip club and i had gotten on my local classified page on facebook and someone had posted up a none abs 91 clean title hatch and i was like no way! Only issue was the car had rod knock and a bad one car came from idaho a younger guy had bought it and didnt have the money to fix it. A 240 is very rare in my area and mostly a original dual cam 5 speed. my goal for this car is to make is a daily/track car im planning on keeping the all mighty ka24de and putting a t3t4 turbo on it i wanted to start this thread more for my self to look at my progress and look back to how my car started. A voilet 240 with a ugly ass white dashboard with the smell of hennessy i cant make that one up car was bone stock when i picked it up nothing but a short shifter i hope that my photos are able to be viewed since it looks so small on the preview my build is going to be a little slower due to money and time but i will try my best to keep it updated i appreciate anyone that will take the time to view my build thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_1262354417118411.jpeg (353.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161105_114837.jpg (322.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg received_1262354343785085.jpeg (345.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpeg received_1262354327118420.jpeg (386.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpeg received_1262354270451759.jpeg (309.0 KB, 27 views)
Voilet240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Voilet240

Talking Interior!

Still very new to the forum and trying to figure out the best ways to post images so bare with me. The interior was one of the parts that i really wanted to change up. I prefer the cleaner look. Girls like it. And so do i! I wanted to get a bucket seat since i was going to be using the car in my local auto x events and it would be a big upgrade from the ripped oem seat it came with. Found a good deal picked up a sparco seat with rails for a decent price

Last edited by Voilet240; 12-10-2016 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: Testing and fixing comment
Old 12-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #3
Voilet240

Talking

Starting to get a hang of the pictures. Went out to california for vacation and went to a local "tuner shop" called Autobox which was pretty cool felt like i was in a corny race movie. But picked up a nrg steering wheel with a v2 quick release feels so much better than the oem one and with the bucket seat i have more clearance. One of my main concerns besides the motor is the interior i prefer a clean look hopefully soon i can order a carpet kit!

Nrg steering wheel and qr i picked up in china town

Ordered a leather replacement shifter boot love the cleaner look
Old 12-10-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
roninwon
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
roninwon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to roninwon Send a message via Yahoo to roninwon
Oh boy here it comes
Old 12-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #5
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Clean out the bed of that ranger and your garage space....

Nice color btw
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:14 PM   #6
Voilet240

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Clean out the bed of that ranger and your garage space....

Nice color btw

i actually got my garage cleaned out the week i got the 240 in the garage. But the ranger danger is just a work truck very funny that you noticed that. Thanks! Haha!
Old 12-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #7
Voilet240

Ive commented some progress of the car but its been a week now and it hasnt posted so not sure what's going on. But got a killer deal on some royal purple 10w30 for 2$ each im a castrol kind of guy but couldnt pass up on the deal!

Old 12-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #8
Voilet240

Small update. Starting to pull stuff off. thinking of doing a egr delete while the motor is out. Also a must is painting the engine bay since the previous owner painted the engine bay without removing half the stuff paint is peeling as you can see. the car came white from the factory. Wish they didnt paint it looked to be done years ago