Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #181
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
ka24debt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
throwback thursdays.. about a year ago.
ka24debt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #182
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

update!

finally decided to get an alignment even my ball joints, wheel bearings and steering rack are shot. thankfully i have 60 days on my warranty to fix all this before i get my alignment so might as well.

brand new federals cooked

all tire co in staten island is awesome if u wanna get an alignment. the rack is in the floor and my car cleared no problem and im tucking 17s in the back so id def. reccomend it.

before specs

after.
all straight. the car drives pretty good despite the clicking from the wheel bearings and the balljoints not being in the best of shape.
(gotta get a pic of the after specs)

and finally something fun. officially the best mod i ever did. picked this up from my buddy 180sxdrifter on here

only con i have is this rail after i bought it i realized is bottom mount and my seat is a sidemount.. so i hadda make brackets. no biggie.

went to my buddy richies house where im getting my seat from

the brackets are pretty tough.. just drilled some holes so it reclined slightly.. other then that everything was spot on.. just about an hour of measuring, cutting and making sure this would work first try.

in love with the seat.. super tight.. i just need another pad for the bottom of the seat if anyones willing to sell one?

this is alot more fun now
Old 02-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #183
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that is on a track right, like in a tunnel or something? jk man
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #184
Chl_drifter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Chl_drifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Great thread

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
Chl_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #185
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

update time(well not really)

the cars felt like shit for the past month in a half and i havent had much funds to fix it as i just finished paying the last 700 bucks on my lisc after 3 years so im finally clean. the cars been sluggish and my wideband hasnt worked anyway. the car was struggling even to reach 6k on 12 psi.

what was done was to see if any issues cleared up

ohmed injectors ranging from 11.2-11.5
ngk7's gapped at 32
new fuel filter
turbo outlet gasket, dp 3 bolt gasket, exhaust gaskets all around
welded all cracks on the elbow,dp, and exhaust
2 bolts were missing off the elbow so that issues resolved
new sensor for my wideband

still sluggish, afr's in w.o.t reading as high as 16.8, idle is 13.4 and cruising anywhere from 13-15

checked the voltage on the walbro thats not even 10 months old and its reading at idle about 11 volts and as boost is increasing and im getting on the car its hitting as low as 10.2 volts. is this pump fried already?

to see if this would clear it up i temporarily hardwired the pump and at idle the pump was reading about 13.9 volts and now when i boost the car feels insane now. at idle and cruising the afrs remain the same but on w.o.t. the lowest i got was 12.9-13.4 and im assuming thats still a bit too lean right? should i just wire this pump directly anyway and buy a new pump? also what about a fuel pressure regulator like the nismo? this whole boost thing is still new to me so any input would be greatly appriciated.

also i finally got new hubs with good wheel bearings to install during the weekend and hopefully have the steering rack rebuilt as well as hardwiring this pump.

to make matters worse.. what i thought was a bump was really me running over my kouki sideskirt on the highway. -__- if anyone is selling JUST that piece please lmk. im not trying to spend another 400 on a pair of skirts + paint

Old 03-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #186
Tuloabe617
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tuloabe617 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just wanted to say that I admire your dedication. Just read through the whole thread, it's like a movie! Thanks for the good read!
Tuloabe617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #187
nekrodev
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nekrodev is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Normally, I just scroll through the pics and stop for text if I see anything interesting, but I loved the stories here! Awesome job, lovin' the car!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 PM   #188
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys! trying to get some stuff sold

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/44418...s-sr20det.html
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #189
xbl1nd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
xbl1nd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
awesome build man, I started reading this last night and instantly got attracted to it, very well written and great pics! glad to see another s13 brought back to life.
xbl1nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #190
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
DUde you write really well. I've seen your car around, You actually bought that car off my boy mike lol You've done a superb job with it man keep up the good work. You makin NY look real good!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #191
dbiz
Leaky Injector

dbiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

just read this entire thing during my lunch break. amazing dedication! hard work and patience sure as fuck seems to pay off.
dbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #192
blo0d
Zilvia Member

blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
hey! the pic with the alignment specs are the BEFORE/AFTER? (ie. -4* on front and back camber, 8.5 Caster)
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:40 PM   #193
Yamzinha

Yamzinha is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build thread man. Hoping to get here one day :>
Old 03-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #194
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbl1nd View Post
awesome build man, I started reading this last night and instantly got attracted to it, very well written and great pics! glad to see another s13 brought back to life.
thanks! still a long way to go. i just need a daily to do what i really want :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlz View Post
DUde you write really well. I've seen your car around, You actually bought that car off my boy mike lol You've done a superb job with it man keep up the good work. You makin NY look real good!
yeah lol after he saw the car again he wanted another 240 and shortly after he bought that s14.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blo0d View Post
hey! the pic with the alignment specs are the BEFORE/AFTER? (ie. -4* on front and back camber, 8.5 Caster)
i believe this is the before.. those numbers are so outta wack. i know in the after sheet i was running 8 degrees of caster, -3.5 camber all around and the toe and thrust angle is all set to the center where that green dash is. ill see if i can find it and post it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamzinha View Post
Great build thread man. Hoping to get here one day :>
thanks, i hope so too. nothing comes easy but then again thats what makes it worth it all in the end
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #195
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah hes onto a miata now shit is clean too. You went to hescher park that day?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #196
getagrip
Leaky Injector

getagrip is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet build thread man. You covered the ups and the downs of building a car really well and always had your mind set on your goals instead of failures, awesome attitude to have. Willing to learn and not afraid to try is what helps progress people into becoming a well rounded, knowledgeable person no matter what they are doing. Awesome work. I actually like the yellow plate lol. Good luck on future progress and plans with this car. Subscribed.

Oh and the mesh wheels look rad man, I would keep them and refurbish them. My friend refurbished his Advan SA3's by hand over a week or so and they came out awesome. But that's a lot of work lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlz View Post
Yeah hes onto a miata now shit is clean too. You went to hescher park that day?
Miata's are super fun cars. I'm thinking of doing the opposite. Miata to S13. But every time I get the funds life strikes with a vengeance.
getagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #197
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Looking good Josh Keep it up! If you ever need any help hit me up
Old 04-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #198
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getagrip View Post
Sweet build thread man. You covered the ups and the downs of building a car really well and always had your mind set on your goals instead of failures, awesome attitude to have. Willing to learn and not afraid to try is what helps progress people into becoming a well rounded, knowledgeable person no matter what they are doing. Awesome work. I actually like the yellow plate lol. Good luck on future progress and plans with this car. Subscribed.

Oh and the mesh wheels look rad man, I would keep them and refurbish them. My friend refurbished his Advan SA3's by hand over a week or so and they came out awesome. But that's a lot of work lol.

Miata's are super fun cars. I'm thinking of doing the opposite. Miata to S13. But every time I get the funds life strikes with a vengeance.
thanks and yeah thats what im gonna be doing. my friend is gonna be refinishing my wheels but funds are short now so im just gonna take them apart myself and attempt to buff em and paint the faces. im sick of the black. and yeah miatas are cool but just not a practical daily. i fit so much in my car lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ze12o View Post
Looking good Josh Keep it up! If you ever need any help hit me up
thanks and no doubt!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #199
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

in progress update i guess:

ive noticed myself missing gears when i shift that i rarely do which i found strange. it seems like as the weeks go on its just been getting worse. i thought it wals my imagination till i realized theres no clutch fluid in the master cylinder.. no biggie.. refilled it, went a few weeks and same thing. i figured the slave was bad, bled it.. same shit. the car would launch perfectly fine but by the time i get to 4th gear i have absolutely no pedal to disengage.
fed up and tired of the bullshit i figured id down the car for the next month or so. im pretty behind on bills to due certain circumstances and it seems like the headaches keep piling on. aside from that cmc being bad, i have a terrible wobble from the amount of playing in my front hubs, steering my car is like trying to rotate a 40 inch tv in your hand. the pump is fine but the rack is just mangeled. my afr's are also a bit too high from my liking.. it could just be an exhaust leak still from my elbow by im hitting anywhere from 12.2-12.6. im just gonna be smart and get my ecu tuned and fixed the gaskets. brakes are getting spongy too, the bmc is leaking, so that needs to go. and lastly im sick of having no e brake! i need 2+2 cables and the bracket.

id actually like to enjoy this car this summer, be reliable and actually get to do some events and not come back on a tow truck on fire :]

cliffnotes for lazy people:
-im broke, car is falling apart, no $ because life
-want to not drive a shitbox and enjoy it this summer headache free

change/repairing:
-hubs
-steering rack
-rust
-bmc
-cmc
-dp, elbow gasket, dp gasket, exhaust gaskets
-rs enthalpy rom tune
-clean up the wheels

now pictures!

look at the spots and look at this rust -__- i swear this was non existant a year ago

s14 hubs are for sale. id obviously replace the bearings but im lazy and my friends giving me his hubs for free. bearings are 60 each at autozone

delicious.. cmc is just as bad

nyc > where ever you live

outout

out with the old. in with some not broken old

:[

and prior before i gave up and chose to fix it

ill be updating as the week goes on since spring break is here and i actually have some time to do stuff and i guess money is rolling in. arireese is buying my lip this week
but i have a suprise (kindaobvious) :]
Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #200
Backwoodsboy
Leaky Injector

Backwoodsboy is an unknown quantity at this point
i just pulled off all my rear z32 ebrake stuff as far as cables and shoes and springs and what not...im going to hydro, message me if interested

Good progress on the car, keep it up, i always like seeing this car...
Backwoodsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #201
jbretz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
jbretz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
keep up the build man. i know personally times get tough and funds arent always there but trust me dude. it will be worth it in the end. ive been building my coupe for 2 years now and its nowhere near where i want it to be once im finished. i always respect someone that takes the time to rebuild what needs fixed first before buying stupid stickers and shit.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #202
Sickboy240sx
Leaky Injector

Sickboy240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Sickboy240sx Send a message via Yahoo to Sickboy240sx
Amazing build man. You're doing shit right and it shows. Nice to see a real world build instead of a "look at my $5000 in parts that came in from UPS today" build. Slow and steady. And just to state the obvious, you have some REALLY good friends. Subscribed.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #203
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I'm in the same boat as you trying to get my car ready to enjoy for summer but i don't wanna rush it, i'm just saving up now so i can have it how i want it for the summer times.
GL bro!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #204
Magnum375 Jr.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
Magnum375 Jr. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Is all your rust on the drivers side?? Betting that all that leaky clutch/brake aided in that. It's amazing what you've pushed through and not given up, I gave up after half a year and i sold mine over an injector dying....keep it up man.
Magnum375 Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:26 PM   #205
93_ProjectS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
93_ProjectS13 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Awsome build! Now what does your dad think of the car? I'm sure you've taken him for some rides.
93_ProjectS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #206
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
s14 front hubs can not replace wheel bearings. If you need a cmc for cheap pm me ill hook u up for 25 shipped
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #207
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good god. When I move to NYC I'm not owning a car. Just watching your frame cripple depresses me. I'm impressed with your dedication to the car as everyone else is, but your determination to keep the dream alive. Hats off to you bud.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #208
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbretz View Post
keep up the build man. i know personally times get tough and funds arent always there but trust me dude. it will be worth it in the end. ive been building my coupe for 2 years now and its nowhere near where i want it to be once im finished. i always respect someone that takes the time to rebuild what needs fixed first before buying stupid stickers and shit.
thanks i appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickboy240sx View Post
Amazing build man. You're doing shit right and it shows. Nice to see a real world build instead of a "look at my $5000 in parts that came in from UPS today" build. Slow and steady. And just to state the obvious, you have some REALLY good friends. Subscribed.
yeah thankfully i have some good friends! we always mess around and always trade cars like its no big deal lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinggg View Post
I'm in the same boat as you trying to get my car ready to enjoy for summer but i don't wanna rush it, i'm just saving up now so i can have it how i want it for the summer times.
GL bro!
feel ya on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum375 Jr. View Post
Is all your rust on the drivers side?? Betting that all that leaky clutch/brake aided in that. It's amazing what you've pushed through and not given up, I gave up after half a year and i sold mine over an injector dying....keep it up man.
yeah everything on the drivers side.. and honestly it wasnt even there when i bought the car.. my last car was a nightmare and i had to give up on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_ProjectS13 View Post
Awsome build! Now what does your dad think of the car? I'm sure you've taken him for some rides.
he likes it! he actually gets scared when it gets into the boost. im just like used to it so its like w.e but its funny to see his 200lb body he flung back a little if i rip thru the gears. he just bitches about how stiff it is and how hes too old for that shit lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Good god. When I move to NYC I'm not owning a car. Just watching your frame cripple depresses me. I'm impressed with your dedication to the car as everyone else is, but your determination to keep the dream alive. Hats off to you bud.
lol you be suprised.. nyc isnt that bad and youd be suprised at the scene out here and what people drive. its just how u maintain it really. but thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #209
ka24debt
Zilvia Junkie

some progress today. cleaned up my friends steering rack that wasnt messed up and some parts came in.
new clutch master since the one i have was leaking, as well as a z32 bmc and tie rod boots that wont be ripped and leak everywhere.

this was being a pain in the ass and i dont trust these lines so i just took it off all one piece and put it back together one piece lol

this bmc had a alley key bolt in the middle of the 3 ports so i took it out so it can accomodate the rear brake line.

all in.. just need a z32 fluid cap and finally my clutch engages.

this will be going back in later today.

so far so good. small progress and doing the best i can with the money situation. not to mention i got all that stuff brand new from the mom and pop parts store down the block all for 100 bucks! not bad.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #210
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
damn east coast cancer rust ..!! ahhh
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote