Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
hennajapagaijin

Trader Rating: (0)
hennajapagaijin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 240SX – LS6 w/ built 4L80E w/ Transbrake, Kouki Conversion w/ Fresh Paint

SOLD. Thanks, all.

Brief history:

I purchased this car in 2005. At the time it was mainly stock but had a stock SR20DET with a knock. I was able to drive it home, pull the motor and replaced it with another stock SR. I eventually upgraded to a GT30 with supporting mods and had the old SR rebuilt with upgraded internals/components. Around this same time in 2007 I suffered an injury that prevented me from driving a manual. I thought about selling the car then, as it was my second/project car, but instead decided to pursue an automatic option that would allow me to drive it. Below is the result, a purpose built car that has a lot more potential because of the quality and ‘beefiness’ of the parts used and attention to detail.

This car was finished in August 2015, but has mainly sat in my garage the past three years, hence the reason why it’s time to sell it. In that time I have put less that 1,200 miles on it, and 600 of that was driving from Louisville, KY to D.C. Also, it has never been to the track since I’ve owned it.

I covered the main areas, but I am sure I am leaving a few things out. Please feel free to message me with any questions.

Details:
1995 240sx with 164,100 on chassis

Kouki Conversion, bodywork, and custom paint (160 total hours) by Phantom Autobody

Powerplant and Drivetrain:
LS6 from a 2001 ZO6 with 46,000 miles

FAST ELECTRONICS 102mm intake w/ Professional Products complete Fuel Rail Kit

Jake’s Performance Stage II 4L80E w/ Trans Brake, custom trans mount, and tranny cooler

Jake’s Performance custom converter (Stall 3500/ Shift Point 6600)

Sikky mounting kit/custom oil pan/headers/power steering/etc

PSI custom harness, reflashed PCM, DBW and ISS enabled for 4L80E

Q45 LSD Diff Final gear ratio: 3.54 / 300ZX TT Driver Side Axle (installed on driver side of 240SX) and Infiniti Q45 Driver Side Axle (installed on passenger side of 240SX).

Koyo Radiator

Suspension:

APEXi N1 ExV Coilovers

Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex complete bushing replacement

SPL SOLID Differential Bushings

SPL SOLID Subframe Conversion Bushings

Brakes/Wheels/Tires:

CTS-V front brake calipers with 13” Mitsubishi Evolution Evo 8/Evo 9 Performance Brake Rotors (Front)

300zx rear brake caliper with Power Stop K666 Rear Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotor

Enkei RPF1- Racing Series 17x9.5 18mm Offset (rear) 17x8 (front)

Yokohama S.Drive High Performance Tire - 255/40R17 94Z and 235/40R17 90Z

Electronics and Misc:
AEM Wideband

AEM oil pressure gauge

12” electric fan with thermostat

Optima Batteries RedTop Battery relocated to the trunk in xx battery box

T-Spec V12-CBF140 V12 Series 140 Amp Circuit Breaker

Walbro 255lph In-Line Fuel Pump

New Brake Master Cylinder

New rear glass and several pieces of rubber trim replaced.

I tried to be as thorough capture the known issues in the Imgur album with photos and descriptions, most are very minor, but wanted to be as transparent as possible. Here is a summary:

Two hairline crack in the brake light (was like that when I bout the lights)

Drivers seat lumbar worn through

1/4” scratch and small dent in paint above driver’s side rear wheel, which is very minor, but the most significant s issue with the paint. There are ~2 other minor blemishes from in the front bumper area/hood from road debris, but barely noticeable and unable to capture in a picture. Other than that, the paint is pristine.

No A/C

No trim around shifter

Crack in trim below radio

Crack in passenger’s side door handle trim

Radio currently doesn’t work and I have a replacement I will swap or give to new owner.

Discoloration on sunroof trim, sunroof is functional and no leaks.

Discoloration on windshield wipers

Gop of back seat has a few small cracks in the leather

Two small surfaces area rust spots in trunk

1/8" cut in passengers side door

glued seem behind drivers seat separated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 240phantomreducedevensmaller.jpg (208.4 KB, 659 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9228.jpg (285.1 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6777.jpg (196.9 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6768.jpg (203.8 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6758.jpg (217.5 KB, 376 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6727.jpg (213.7 KB, 347 views)

Last edited by hennajapagaijin; 09-11-2018 at 03:45 PM..
hennajapagaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2018, 04:23 PM   #2
hennajapagaijin

Video From Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INP9L1DUWyA

0:01 – Start up
0:11 – Walk around while running
0:52 - Transbrake demonstration
1:11 – Another quicker transbrake because traffic behind me
1:24 – Brief pull on the highway
Old 06-28-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Everything about this car is amazing other than that auto trans. Beautiful build though, GLWS.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
liquidchicken
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
liquidchicken is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^^ Looks amazing and has the power to back it up... those 4l80s are crazy strong, but i'd still want a manual....
liquidchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
MandTPhotography
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
MandTPhotography is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To those complaining about the auto, the driver has a prosthetic leg, I think. Auto would definitely make things possible while still having fun.

GLWS.
MandTPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandTPhotography View Post
To those complaining about the auto, the driver has a prosthetic leg, I think. Auto would definitely make things possible while still having fun.

GLWS.
Not complaining, just giving my opinion on the vehicle. It still is a nice looking car, solid work.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #7
Childs Play

Childs Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enough
Car is amazing...

Would need A/C though down here in Houston >.< Probably could be added.

I'm assuming no power steering either?
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #8
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
1. 4l80e is the strongest transmission for this application and requires less maintenance than the six speed, and it is faster in a race.

2. I believe Jakes performance makes the stoutest, highest quality, most expensive 4l80e in the United States. The trans probably cost more than the engine.

3. anybody that complains about other cars not having a six speed has never tried to drive that car with a six speed in regular daily traffic jams and then had to deal with the hard aftermath of heat and wear on an expensive set of dry clutch plates. I'd rather keep the heart of my car liquid cooled, non-contact, thanks.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 01:01 PM   #9
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
1. 4l80e is the strongest transmission for this application and requires less maintenance than the six speed, and it is faster in a race.

2. I believe Jakes performance makes the stoutest, highest quality, most expensive 4l80e in the United States. The trans probably cost more than the engine.

3. anybody that complains about other cars not having a six speed has never tried to drive that car with a six speed in regular daily traffic jams and then had to deal with the hard aftermath of heat and wear on an expensive set of dry clutch plates. I'd rather keep the heart of my car liquid cooled, non-contact, thanks.
Getting way off track, but I daily my Ls/T56 through Cali traffic, no worries there. It’s all opinion of the driver. GLWS OP
Old 07-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Getting way off track, but I daily my Ls/T56 through Cali traffic, no worries there. It’s all opinion of the driver. GLWS OP
It isn't really an opinion from a certain perspective. If traffic comes to a dead stand still and begins to inch forward a little bit of a time, what are your options?

A: let a good bit of distance between you and the car in front of you then move forward all at once several feet.

cons to this are other cars will cut in front of you, road rage stuff happens

B: Keep up with the car in front of you, inching along

cons to this are clutch wear and tear. No way around it. No opinion about it either. Increased heat and wear on the clutch as you press and go press and go over and over for inches at a time down ten or thirty miles of blocked up highway road.

Neither one of those solutions is acceptable, I'd like to hear yours;

Mine was to get out and start pushing the car. I would simply shut the engine off and try to keep the car moving with traffic. less wear on the clutch this way, but, acceptable?
Old 07-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #11
Childs Play

Childs Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enoughChilds Play will become famous soon enough
So did OP just vanish? Never got an answer.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
hennajapagaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
So did OP just vanish? Never got an answer.
Sorry for the delay, I have been on travel. The car has power steering.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:03 PM   #13
hennajapagaijin

Couldn't agree more, thanks! As Jake says, the 4L80 is not for everyone, but it is the unit of choice if you plan to make serious power. That was my eventual plan; unfortunately, I never got there. However, the car is now setup for someone else who wants to go that route.

Thanks, all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post

Last edited by hennajapagaijin; 07-24-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #14
Childs Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennajapagaijin View Post
Sorry for the delay, I have been on travel. The car has power steering.
Thanks man. Was just curious because honestly for what I’d want, it really wouldn’t matter.

I love this setup and have been wanting something along the lines to make a nasty quarter mile car with a bit more power. I know. I’m a boring person who likes straight lines.

Unfortunately I’m having to accept that I need a new DD before I get anymore toys.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #15
Double-R
Leaky Injector

Double-R is an unknown quantity at this point
Op you are a G for that quick stop transbrake video lmao . I might be tired as F , didn’t see a price posted . DM me .
Old 08-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hennajapagaijin View Post
Sorry for the delay.
You need to post a price in the original post.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #17
s14-365
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s14-365 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How much?
No price listed
s14-365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:15 PM   #18
Childs Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
You need to post a price in the original post.
I'm pretty sure it used to have a price on it unless I'm going crazy. I did see it sold on eBay. Maybe he pulled the price off after that.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:48 PM   #19
Happy_CVD

Happy_CVD is an unknown quantity at this point
Any word on the asking price for this?
Happy_CVD is offline   Reply With Quote