Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-23-2018, 04:29 PM   #61
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
I don't see anyone going bonkers for greddy but arc fmic, radiaters and oil coolers
plenty of people outside of the s chassis community specifically look out for ARC stuff (evo/Miata guys come to mind right now). you just have to pull your head out of the 240 world for a few minutes.

its hard though because ARC is no longer in business and there is no NOS (or if there is, its incredibly hard to find). so everyone is left to scavenge in the second hand market.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #62
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
ACT Cluthes - Simiar to Spec(?) Maybe someone with experience chime in.
ive had 3 ACT clutches since 2008... zero complaints. i had a small defect in my second 6 puck which i sent back to ACT and they repaired free of charge. outside of that hiccup, never had a single issue with them. beat the holy crap out of my ACT 6 spring 6 puck in my last S13 on the track (lots of clutch kicks), still worked like the day it was installed! currently have an ACT Street/Strip disc in my S13 along with a heavy duty pressure plate and Tracklight flywheel... perfect combination, drives great and have had zero issues since installing some 2-3 years back!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #63
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Whats wrong with a mishimoto intercooler?

The thing that has always bothered me about intercoolers is the lack of information and stats provided with them. Honestly, there is very very minimal data provided with numerous brands about how their intercooler flows etc. Everybody humps greddy intercoolers, but why are they good? Because it was a huge intercooler core 15 years ago? Have they updated anything about it since? Theres very minimal data showing that a a lot of these big branded intercoolers are any better flowing than say mishimoto or cxracing. I have a cxracing intercooler core on my car, and I have no issues with it. Is there a better product out there? I'm sure there is. But I see no reason to gamble money on something that MIGHT be better performing.
Nothing if that's what you can afford I guess (if they're still affordable that is). Hell, I put a no-name fmic on my s13 that Im planning on selling, not sure how efficient it is but I'm sure it's better than nothing as long as it doesnt leak (which I tested). What I am saying is I think it's funny how people proudly rock these knock-off brands on the open with big logos. On that same s13 I have these generic ic couplers with some badass jdm names on them, know what I do? I clock them so that the brand is not visible haha. I'd give that fmic a quick layer of silver paint, but that's just me...
Not to mention, Im sure in a lot of cases these knock-off brand "upgrades" are actually counterproductive. I seriously doubt these brands have the r&d capabilities that these giant companies that build parts for car manufacturers have. Take that r34 for instance. It is known that the r34 gtr is one of the best oem intercoolers out there. I seriously doubt mishimoto or any similar company for that matter, has the same r&d capabilities as calsonic. Bigger doesn't automatically mean better.

Last edited by feito; 08-23-2018 at 07:05 PM..
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #64
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
What I am saying is I think it's funny how people proudly rock these knock-off brands on the open with big logos.
People like to rock the knock-off brand logos because they want other people to know they're spending money on the car.

Modifying cars has become more of an affiliation thing than something you do for enjoyment. They can be part of the scene and represent the logos of recognized brands will get respect from your peers whether you're showing off expensive parts or cheap parts.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #65
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
People like to rock the knock-off brand logos because they want other people to know they're spending money on the car.

Modifying cars has become more of an affiliation thing than something you do for enjoyment. They can be part of the scene and represent the logos of recognized brands will get respect from your peers whether you're showing off expensive parts or cheap parts.
Thanks social media. People will whore out to brands just so that brand will share their picture.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:24 AM   #66
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post

I rock zero stickers. cars speak for them self
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:26 AM   #67
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
I rock zero stickers. cars speak for them self
Obviously, my posts do not pertain to you. Also not going to fall into the trap of calling you names.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:34 PM   #68
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
plenty of people outside of the s chassis community specifically look out for ARC stuff (evo/Miata guys come to mind right now). you just have to pull your head out of the 240 world for a few minutes.

its hard though because ARC is no longer in business and there is no NOS (or if there is, its incredibly hard to find). so everyone is left to scavenge in the second hand market.
U read that wrong. Im saying people love arc parts.

Arc is in back

http://www.arc-brazing.co.jp/product.html
Old 08-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #69
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
i see. I had to read your post a couple of times and I still did not get it.

neat to see ARC back. when I had my NB Miata I remember people would shell out hundreds of dollars for beat up/shitty cross over intakes. some had dents and even punctures on them and people would still buy them with the intention of repairing because it was the best intake (performance wise) they could buy at the time; it being a premium Japanese intake was just a bonus.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:05 PM   #70
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I have the fix for all part name brands whether good or not

$1 walmart acrylic paint

added bonus for melted crayon which acts as a temperature sensitive indicator and runs right off the car when it gets hot enough,
thus leaving trails of colors everywhere you go
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:20 PM   #71
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I have the fix for all part name brands whether good or not

$1 walmart acrylic paint

added bonus for melted crayon which acts as a temperature sensitive indicator and runs right off the car when it gets hot enough,
thus leaving trails of colors everywhere you go
I was going to hold my tongue, but once again. This isn't funny.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:39 PM   #72
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

That's Florida for u
Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 PM   #73
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
that wasn't a joke, its some advice and exactly what i did to my car on purpose.

since when did owning a car become about brand

isn't it supposed to reflect something more important? And how will you express that.

I think the less something costs the more meaningful it is. The mods you can do for free like cleaning/maintaining and self-fabrication, organization can be most rewarding.

I saw some stripes like this on an S14 once in a magazine. No way I could ever effort/afford to put something like this in actual paint on a car. I backed into an engine on the ground because careless and now there's a dent back there on the rear bumper. Dents, holes, whatever happens, its fine: thas what I do. You can almost see the quarter sized hole in the middle of the purple stripe. So; $1 walmart paint washes right off with water and some rubbing. Its like a temporary tatoo. It isn't perfect or permanent but it still exists and pretty easy to see and maintain if wished. I'm going to make some stormclouds over mountains on the front side bumper because I covered some cracks there with different colors and it accidentally made a sort of cloud line looking effect with mountains. Stuff at random sometimes leads the way when you can sit and do free activities as art.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #74
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
whats your brand?
DorkiDori

well that and HKS lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #75
wkpainter

wkpainter is an unknown quantity at this point
An intercooler uses ambient air flowing over metal fins to cool charged air. How much r&d do you need to figure that out? Wether you spend 400 bucks on mishimoto or 1000 on a greddy your putting a few hundred dollars into an aftermarket part into a 20 year old car that may be worth 2 grand on paper. If you can afford to spend more on the name brand... good for you... you're a winner...
wkpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:56 PM   #76
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

What a world we live in people defending mishimoto

Last edited by turboshoebox; 09-10-2018 at 12:19 AM..
Old 09-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #77
wkpainter

wkpainter is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't even have a mishimoto... I have a huge Janky Godspeed intercooler that is oversized for my needs.

I also have a house filled with Ikea furniture, I don't have an iPhone or samsung phone, I have a vizio TV, I eat store brand cereal and soda, and my kid wears target brand diapers. I guess my whole life is poor quality products. ain't care though, do you?
wkpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:32 AM   #78
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkpainter View Post
An intercooler uses ambient air flowing over metal fins to cool charged air. How much r&d do you need to figure that out? Wether you spend 400 bucks on mishimoto or 1000 on a greddy your putting a few hundred dollars into an aftermarket part into a 20 year old car that may be worth 2 grand on paper. If you can afford to spend more on the name brand... good for you... you're a winner...
I think part of the problem is people not seeing the value in "real" versus low quality parts because the cost is usually hidden in materials, certifications, and engineering. You show that pretty well in your mishimoto/greddy statement. Intercoolers are actually pretty technical, they just seem simple on the surface; which makes it hard for people to justify spending more when they look the same.

A low quality intercooler work, sure; but not as efficiently. Even so, I personally buy "real" stuff as a quality assurance that it wont crack or leak or have bits break off into my engine.

Also a Greddy isnt $1000, mine cost $450.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #79
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
i can vouch for ISR exhaust but other than that i wouldnt waste your money, maybe the radiator and fans if you want a cheap but good value cooling setup other than that its probably a better idea to stay away
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:11 AM   #80
S13greencoupe

S13greencoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Nistune is great and way cheaper then a full standalone. I just ordered a ACT 6 puck sprung and a ACT flywheel, I hope they are as good as people say. Iv heard a lot of negative with SPEC, Iv also had a SPEC clutch brake on me (a couple of the springs broke in the clutch.)

As far as suspension arms. I would say 90% of the company’s use the same bulk China made metal and joints. And it’s not like the internet or Zilvia is flooded with posts about broken Godspeed, IRS, CS, Megan etc etc suspension components. Most of us can’t afford to spend thousands of dollars on the top shelve suspension arms nor even have use for them. I’d say spend the money on a good set of coilovers.
S13greencoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #81
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Nistune is a full standalone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkpainter View Post
I don't even have a mishimoto... I have a huge Janky Godspeed intercooler that is oversized for my needs.

I also have a house filled with Ikea furniture, I don't have an iPhone or samsung phone, I have a vizio TV, I eat store brand cereal and soda, and my kid wears target brand diapers. I guess my whole life is poor quality products. ain't care though, do you?
^that's the way people get rich.