Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The Art Thread

Post pics of some of your favorite art. Either your own or some you just like.

I know there's a lot of artistic people on here that can appreciate some good art.

Anything goes except for NWS stuff obviously. Also no photo's. We have plenty of threads for that. Maybe photo's drasticly altered in Photoshop are OK, but I don't want to see your 240 with a "Find Edges" filter posted in here.

I'll start it off with some wonderful art I found of my favorite heroine.

My favorite one (even if here cannon is on the wrong arm):

Here's a link.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
CKAMC
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Non car related?

I more of a digital art fan since its what I used to get into.

Anime, Photo Manipulation, General Photography, Vector, Abstract are my favorites.

Just a few of my favs...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Car related is just fine. But like I said, i don't want to see a pic of a 240 with just some basic shit done to it in PS. Stuff like cell shaded cars, or original digital car designs or whatever is welcome.

Man that second to last one is cool. It feels so gloomy and hi-tech. Like the hi-tech is the reason for the mood.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
kyoru
Zilvia Addict

kyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfectionkyoru is close to perfection
I'm a huge fan of the official Metal Gear Solid art, it's just brilliant. Love traditional art.

Here is some of my work...

kyoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #5
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

I like Banksy's work.

He is nuts.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:15 PM   #6
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post

http://www.banksy.co.uk/

I like Banksy's work.

He is nuts.
He sure is, doesnt get any better than him for me personally, I like the bowlingball bombs the best I think. Or the guy throwing the bouquet.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
1Via!
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all1Via! is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1Via!
Banksy is fuckin awesome, no doubt about it. There are few other people who play with perception and catalyze social dialogue as he does.
On of my favorites.

One of my other favorites is Escher, particularly his graphic geometric based art work. Having been to Spain and seen the Alhambra and other Moorish geometric art, I really admire what he is paying tribute to and the humor apparent in his pieces of art.

1Via! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:11 PM   #8
unwed_transient
Zilvia Addict

unwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond reputeunwed_transient has a reputation beyond repute
drastically edited chop

everybody remember the longcats?

i thought it was weird enough to be kind of cool.
unwed_transient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
hmm lemme shoot some links

http://www.microbot.ch/microbot23/root.html

http://www.desktopography.net/

http://www.aeiko.net/

Check em out
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #10
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Banksy is over hyped. Too many riders.

Aaron Horkey.

Alphonse Mucha

Mati Klarwein.

Dirty Habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
PBucch
Premium Member

PBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfectionPBucch is close to perfection
How is Banksy over hyped? Being well known for being the best isnt overhyped, imo.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
worangejuice
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
worangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond reputeworangejuice has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
My stuff *Mucha is the best^^

Last edited by worangejuice; 08-31-2007 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: props to for Mucha
worangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 06:42 PM   #13
shift_s14
Zilvia Member

shift_s14 is making a name for him/her selfshift_s14 is making a name for him/her selfshift_s14 is making a name for him/her self
you exitspeed, did you pick up corruption yet? i heard its pretty much flawless

not really any of my favorites, but here are just a few that i think are pretty good.
best game series eva! w00t

shift_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #14
RazoE
Leaky Injector

RazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enoughRazoE will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RazoE Send a message via Yahoo to RazoE
here are a few drawings I've done..

finished this one two days ago (drawn roughly/quickly on paper and then re-done in photoshop):

self-portrait caricature

cartoonish car

realistic car drawing:

photoshop that made it into ModifiedMag...

Old 08-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #15
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBucch View Post
How is Banksy over hyped? Being well known for being the best isnt overhyped, imo.
he didn't do anything clever. he painted policemen making out and the queen sitting on some hooker's face. those aren't statements, they're just there for shock value, and then some doofus interpreted them as something else. and then some painting of an AT-AT got mistaken as a banksy pic, and the internet found out about him. the end.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
he didn't do anything clever. he painted policemen making out and the queen sitting on some hooker's face. those aren't statements, they're just there for shock value, and then some doofus interpreted them as something else. and then some painting of an AT-AT got mistaken as a banksy pic, and the internet found out about him. the end.
Same shit can be said with Shepherd Fairley if you want to talk about mainstream appeal...along with a gang of other famous new age "urban" artists

I never really saw all of Banksy's work until I read through his book

But I think any art that inspires or creates change in thought in another human being is good art

So to say he didn't do anything clever is quite the understatement

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 PM   #17
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
i just got adobe photoshop CS2 Vers. 9 and to learn the ropes, i messed around with a pic i found of an R34....

Old 08-31-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Some jim lee pieces

and one by mike turner
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #19
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

Location: Where angels (and most pizza delivery people) fear to tread.
DRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfection
jim lee

Alex Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14Josh View Post
seeing old people give you the finger is like winning the lottery...you still can't believe it happened 4 weeks afterwards.
DRavenS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:14 PM   #20
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Alex Ross is the shit. I love his work.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #21
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

DRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfectionDRavenS13 is close to perfection
collaboration of Jim Lee and Alex Ross

Quote:
seeing old people give you the finger is like winning the lottery...you still can't believe it happened 4 weeks afterwards.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:11 AM   #22
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products View Post
Same shit can be said with Shepherd Fairley if you want to talk about mainstream appeal...along with a gang of other famous new age "urban" artists

I never really saw all of Banksy's work until I read through his book

But I think any art that inspires or creates change in thought in another human being is good art

So to say he didn't do anything clever is quite the understatement
well, you're right. i will say his work on the Israel wall was extremely ballsy and impressive. but for the most part, most of his little work, all that, it's just this kind of "in your face" childish nonsense that isn't creative. it's just offensive. and that gets people off on the internet, it seems.

to be less of a negative nancy, though. Jim Lee is a god. to be more obvious, Frank Miller is pretty amazing. you may have heard of Sin City or 300 :P Eduardo Risso- 100 bullets may be a bit hackish at times, but if you go back to the first 20 issues or so, it's really something. and you can't talk about comic art (on an import board, at least!) without mentioning Katsuhiro Otomo. the Akira manga is some of the best drawn and written i've ever seen.

fine art... well, i don't know much about all that. i know i like Andy Warhol. but who doesn't fucking like Andy Warhol.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #23
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRavenS13 View Post
jim lee
Jim Lee is the man... I want a poster of that for my room
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:17 AM   #24
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Jim Lee is the man... I want a poster of that for my room
Yeah he is coo

Anyone remember Todd Macfarlane?

I think I still have both of these issues too somewhere at the rents house

Someday maybe comics might come back of some value and I can cash out lol

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
Old 09-01-2007, 01:18 AM   #25
DRavenS13
Nissanaholic!

That pic is gonna be the tattoo that goes on my right thigh...

Quote:
Old 09-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #26
Grendel
Zilvia Addict

Grendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfectionGrendel is close to perfection
I really like Dave Dorman's Star Wars paintings. He also did some Aliens/Batman paintings that were pretty cool...

Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #27
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

Dirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfectionDirty Habit is close to perfection
Thomas Demand.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:46 AM   #28
Dirty Habit
Nissanaholic!

The hotness...

www.foundrydx.com
Old 09-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #29
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves

One of my favorites:
Old 09-02-2007, 08:14 PM   #30
Farzam
Post Whore!

Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection

Farzam is offline   Reply With Quote