Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wild Steves KA-T Coupe

Figured its time to transfer this over to here since ONE is about dead. I'll share some highlights and the current stuff:
(full thread here: http://forums.240sxone.com/showthread.php?t=33905 )

First bought 12/26/2013:

Last edited by tuzzio; 01-07-2017 at 05:24 PM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection

Last edited by tuzzio; 01-07-2017 at 05:31 PM..
Old 01-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

2016:

Last edited by tuzzio; 01-07-2017 at 05:41 PM..
Old 01-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #4
bmaddock
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
bmaddock is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow looks great! I love nice KA-T builds like this one appears to be heading.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

original 3 posts updated. Again, if you want all the details, click the link in the original post. I'll be more detailed from here going forward.

I'll try to answer a few questions I assume will be asked.
-Newest turbo is a GTX3076R .82AR.
-The car was never ever on a dyno. Friend street tuned it every time. Ran 18psi out of the Borgwarner S256sx. Shooting for 20 this year.
-Running LS2 coilpacks.
-Fab guy is Travis (username: flatout) aka wilson speed.
-Yes he made a jig for KA manifolds.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:54 PM   #6
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
i like what you did with the intake manifold, do you have any comparison/opinion to stock with your setup?
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:12 AM   #7
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSilS14 View Post
i like what you did with the intake manifold, do you have any comparison/opinion to stock with your setup?
I don't. I bought the intake manifold along with a bunch of other KA stuff.
It makes the car a whole lot easier to work on though, haha.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #8
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Why did you cut off the t3/t4 flange on the CX manifold? I'm assuming it was to go t3 flange only?

How much does your friend charge for those ka t3 manifolds?
Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM   #9
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
Why did you cut off the t3/t4 flange on the CX manifold? I'm assuming it was to go t3 flange only?

How much does your friend charge for those ka t3 manifolds?
The way the Borgwarner sat in comparison to my bullseye t3/t4 (in the first pictures) it would've hit my tubs. So we rotated it 90* so bring it inwards.

I can't give an honest number, but if you're really interested you can PM me and I'l give you his number. I'd say around $600.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:25 PM   #10
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Some more stuff:
Fitment of turbo. Waiting on some lines and fittings to re-do my PS lines and clean those up and out of my way.

Figured while I was in the steering stuff, I might as well do a solid steering shaft bushing. Turns out, the 27 year old rubber one was pretty beat up.

Took the KF's apart to send the faces to threepiece.us (they're already on their way) for a acid dip and re-chrome. One of them was flaking. I'm going to take the barrels to work and sandblast them and have a friend powdercoat them black.

Last edited by tuzzio; 01-23-2017 at 05:47 PM..
Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 AM   #11
justchrisyo

Trader Rating: (0)
justchrisyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
those KF's are gonna be the tits
Old 01-12-2017, 07:07 AM   #12
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
You're wild Steve.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:12 AM   #13
Sansone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sansone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow what a turn around, well done!

Life Ruiner
Sansone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #14
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
looks good man real good
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #15
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post

Figured while I was in the steering stuff, I mind as well do a solid steering shaft bushing.]
Not trying to be a dick but the phrase is "might as well". I hate seeing people use that wrong.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #16
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
Not trying to be a dick but the phrase is "might as well". I hate seeing people use that wrong.
jeez what a dick.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:58 PM   #17
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
This looks good, well done.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #18
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Style-y and with a pretty proper setup. You don't find that too often these days. Congrats!

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:58 PM   #19
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Small updates. Its been cold here, and we got 2 feet of snow within the last 2 weeks. So, motivation is at a low.

Got my faces back from threepiece.us for chrome. I can't say enough good things about the finish. They did an excellent job. Bought new nuts, and had my friend powder coat the barrels black.

Picked up this pretty rare gem, unfortunately (for me) dizzariot is fiending for it. I also sourced a More Collage grille which should be on its way from japan any day now, which will likely replace my shit ass GTR grille.

Had travis cut and weld my fitting on my PS pump from a 90* to a 45* to keep the line away from the new manifold and combat the heat. Also switched to a RHD z32 (or pathfinder) BM50 1" brake master to also keep the lines away from the heat.

I have a decent list of other stuff that needs to get done, but at this rate...spring isn't coming very fast. Some progress is better than none.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #20
tuzzio
Post Whore!

My morecollage grille came in the mail today. Pretty excited about this piece.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #21
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
that grille is gangsta
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #22
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Where did you source the steering rack? I think mine is on it's way out. I dig the brick mod for the headlights.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #23
Aesthetics45
Leaky Injector

Aesthetics45 is an unknown quantity at this point
fresh as fuck my man
Aesthetics45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #24
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Where did you source the steering rack? I think mine is on it's way out. I dig the brick mod for the headlights.
I pulled it out of a car that was being parted out from someone I knew, traded em a set of shitty lug nuts. From there I just cleaned it up and painted it. I've heard good things about the rock auto ones though.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:10 AM   #25
adamky
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
adamky is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice build. Love the polished intake plenum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
S-chassis power steering racks are surprisingly easy to rebuild...

Last edited by adamky; 03-16-2017 at 03:15 AM..
adamky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:43 PM   #26
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
My morecollage grille came in the mail today. Pretty excited about this piece.
Thats what that is? I had one on my old coupe and cut the center section out cause it was sagging, thought it looked much nicer without it.

Build quality looks top notch, hope to see this thing when I finally make my way up to Canaan for an event.
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #27
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Been plugging away at the turd here and there. Went to Travis' house to finish my fabwork. Weld on the wastegate flange, weld 90* elbow on compressor housing,\ modify my downpipe, dump tube, and intercooler piping to work.

The downpipe and dump tube have been since heat wrapped, and i'll be running a turbo blanket as well to combat the heat from the master.

Since I had to make all new oil/coolant lines, I took my intake manifold off to make life easier. Figured i'd clean up my engine harness while I was in there. Remove all the OEM emissions garbage and the OEM coil stuff as well. Came out pretty decent looking.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #28
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Small update. Been working on putting the car back together. Whole engine bay is together, wiring harness is finished. Need to replace my battery, change my oil filter and fill all my fluids, put in my new wideband 02 sensor, and plug in my turbo timer.
I aim to drive the car this weekend, as its supposed to be 65 Sunday.

I purchased some pre-made LED boards and replaced the hideous LED strips I had in my tail lights previously. Couldn't be happier with the result.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #29
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
do the circled bolts come out from that side or are they captured in there somehow? tried to replace my steering shaft bushing with an aluminum one and felt like i was gonna break something lol, if not ill just go from the other side once i get my car all torn apart

image sharing
Old 03-30-2017, 12:23 AM   #30
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Small update. Been working on putting the car back together. Whole engine bay is together, wiring harness is finished. Need to replace my battery, change my oil filter and fill all my fluids, put in my new wideband 02 sensor, and plug in my turbo timer.

I aim to drive the car this weekend, as its supposed to be 65 Sunday.

I purchased some pre-made LED boards and replaced the hideous LED strips I had in my tail lights previously. Couldn't be happier with the result.

They look clean

Always wondered about doing that

Maybe a write up