Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
SobeS12

Trader Rating: (0)
SobeS12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sobe's S12 Build Thread.

This is the story of my 86 Nissan 200sx. I bought the car roughly 5 years ago now back when I had an S13 I was planning on tuning. I didnt have a license at the time, wasnt insured, and needed a daily that wouldnt draw attention. Long story short, I fell in love with the car, and after 4 years of struggling to get my license back and finally be "legal" on the road Ive decided to tune her. This is how she looked when I first got her unmolested.

Ive only been mixing things up over the last year or so, and heres a pic dump of my progress so far.

I decided to paint my car with spray cans first (dont know why) and it came out half way decent. I have different fenders and front bumper so I decided not to paint it..even though it looks like hell, lol.

Then had the Sunroof filled in with a roof off another S12.

Painted a set of free 17x7 rims Bronze.

Installed MR2 front shocks and Foxbody Mustang rear shocks (Tokico adj) and lowering springs, front sway bar, and sway bar bushings. Also installed the SE kit I had.

(cant find pics of the rest of the set up lol)

And for a while this is how the car sat. Stripped, one seater, but kinda charismatic in a way.

Heres how I got that seat that way too. It started Blue.

and with...

I got

Then I flocked some interior.

Then I stripped and painted the inside of my car.

Everything going together.

The car still looks like this. I havent been able to do a lot lately since i got a S14, but heres a look at the parts I got laying around for it just WAITING to get put on.

Reman Steering Rack FTW

__________________________________________________ _________
Heres some pics of my boys car to serve as some inspiration. If you live in LA or SD, you may have seen us cruisin around.

So thats it for now. Plans are to make this car a sick daily driver. Soon itll have all new bushings, ball joints, welded r200 diff, 1' sway bars, steering rack, tranny mount, diff mount, drilled rotors, SE calipers, and Stainless steel lines.
SobeS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
blo0d
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dammit! I love it
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So you took a beautiful stock s12, rattle bombed EVERYTHING and put some shocks and retarded looking wheels on it and you think that's called tuning and deserves a build thread?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
SobeS12

Yes, lol I do..
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Should have made a thread about your boys s12 instead
Krusty_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:48 AM   #6
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fries View Post
So you took a beautiful stock s12, rattle bombed EVERYTHING and put some shocks and retarded looking wheels on it and you think that's called tuning and deserves a build thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Should have made a thread about your boys s12 instead
My thoughts exactly.
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #7
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
all you did was destroy a nice stock car.
you are a fucktard.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
blo0d
Zilvia Member

blo0d is an unknown quantity at this point
wait wait, the blue s12 isnt his... wtf. i hate you. moar of the blue s12
blo0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting-pedobear View Post
all you did was destroy a nice stock car.
you are a fucktard.

nice car?

how many times do i have to say it, our cars are already shitty enough. why do people even waste time with these s12's? they fucking garbage cans and worse off, they look like shit - they have no option to ever be beautiful. i dont care what the fuck people do to these cars, they can install a 1000HP twin-turbo ferrari v8, widebody, beautiful wheels............... its still a big heap of shit.

at least, and i say this as honest as possible, at least a s13/s14 can look nice. the s12 however, will always look like shit. this is what happened during the 80s, car designers were high on coke. congrats, you own a piece of automotive fail-history

fuck these cars
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
and in case anyone forgot my words of wisdom from years ago:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/263094-s12-...ml#post2871489
and
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/148523-who-...ml#post1436395

theres much more s12 hate, but this is enough
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
JFoxx
BANNED

JFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choicesJFoxx has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
nice car?

how many times do i have to say it, our cars are already shitty enough. why do people even waste time with these s12's? they fucking garbage cans and worse off, they look like shit - they have no option to ever be beautiful. i dont care what the fuck people do to these cars, they can install a 1000HP twin-turbo ferrari v8, widebody, beautiful wheels............... its still a big heap of shit.

at least, and i say this as honest as possible, at least a s13/s14 can look nice. the s12 however, will always look like shit. this is what happened during the 80s, car designers were high on coke. congrats, you own a piece of automotive fail-history

fuck these cars

wow.... for once i agree with him.....
JFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #12
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I can appreciate the hard work put into the car, not really my taste but its your car & money.. good job. don't listen to some of these keyboard warriors.

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 04-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #13
SobeS12

Appreciate the comment oscarsx.

Lol IS THAT ALL YOU HATERS GOT?? I THOUGHT THIS WAS ZILVIA!!! Come on, your all better then this...
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
I like them my brother is building one u probably seen it

if everyone liked the same car that would be boring and stupid. to each their own.
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
roboticnissan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
roboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her selfroboticnissan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
S12 are muchhhhh better cars than s13 stock to stock. They are a little slower but way better balanced and composed around corners and breaking.

To the op: ive considered an s12 for a daily but i love the hatches. Your car would would look ten fold better just by painting the front end. RATTLE CAN JOBS CAN LOOK AWESOME! if you dont believe me just look at my silvia grill ft thread, that hatch is rattle canned with rustoleum cans from homedepot.

Its all in the prep man. Good luck with your s12, maybe you can be my source of inspiration one day
Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #16
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post
S12 are muchhhhh better cars than s13 stock to stock. They are a little slower but way better balanced and composed around corners and breaking.

To the op: ive considered an s12 for a daily but i love the hatches. Your car would would look ten fold better just by painting the front end. RATTLE CAN JOBS CAN LOOK AWESOME! if you dont believe me just look at my silvia grill ft thread, that hatch is rattle canned with rustoleum cans from homedepot.

Its all in the prep man. Good luck with your s12, maybe you can be my source of inspiration one day
Damn theres no way in hell to get a car looking that good with restoleum nice car!! To the op perfect car perfect platform to work on ..do your thing !!!
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #17
SobeS12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboticnissan View Post

Thanks for the kind words sir, and hatchs are legit. One of my buddies down south has a sick 2 tone hatch. One of these days this notch'll look good and can serve as inspiration...for right now though she looks like hell from most angles, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
To the op perfect car perfect platform to work on ..do your thing !!!
Haha word, will do sir.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Most angles? This thing looks haggard from every angle, not even beer goggles could make this thing look good. It wasn't even good looking in the first place. The skittles colored shit that I just dropped has a better 'paint job'.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #19
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
They really need to raise the age to be able to purchase spray cans!
And if this is the future of Nissan builds I'm going to crush my Nissan
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Man you guys are mad.. What's up with all the hate here just a guy trying to improve his car.. You guys dont like his car shut the fawk up and stop postin on his thread. Half you haters proably drive buckets.. Every one starts some where.. Fawk you people need help haha comming in here with nothing better to do with your time. To the OP do your thang man just make sure when it's done it's a solid color with more low and some ballin ass rims if you could..
Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #21
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews

hahaha...
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:19 PM   #22
VHS13
Leaky Injector

VHS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Soooo many colors.
VHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #23
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobeS12 View Post
Lol IS THAT ALL YOU HATERS GOT?? I THOUGHT THIS WAS ZILVIA!!! Come on, your all better then this...
Well he did ask for more. I retract nothing.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #24
thizzen4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
thizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymorethizzen4 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
fuck fries looks good !
thizzen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #25
benarovi
Zilvia Addict

benarovi is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like you fucked up a clean car
benarovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #26
PurePontiacKid
Zilvia Member

PurePontiacKid is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post

hahaha...
PurePontiacKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
what he said^^^

SMH, & I actually like S12's I saw how it looked before & I was like WOW, that looked good because most S12's look like shit

But you sir are now in that category
Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #28
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

M11's is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuck these fools, do what you want. diggin the build so far!!!! I just finished my sr20 s12 hatch with s14 coils build and I started off same as you mane.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #29
ship2236
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
ship2236 is making a name for him/her selfship2236 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ship2236
Lol so much hate Torwards s12's lol. History obviously means nothing to most but I can understand the high pedestal most bandwagon huggers in the last 6-7 years is. S12+fj20et=legendary

Lol now to the op:
I'm really confused as to ur decision to mess with the car from the way it originally sat? To be honest, it just seems like you were deprived of color me time with crayons as a kid n makeup for it now by spray painting the shit out of unnecessary... SHIT lol. Idk man if u continue this thread hopefully it gets better or u... I don't even know lol gl
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #30
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Why wouldn't you spray the entire fender? You already fucked up the rest of the car with spray paint, why not paint the fenders and bumpers?

I really don't get it. Am I missing something here?