Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:00 AM   #1
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Arrow The "I have commitment issues", 2 tone silvia build

So here is my build, it has been long overdue.

I am going to take you down memory lane and show more or less how I got to where I am now. If you dont like that and want nothing to do with my build thread/story... Well hit the back button now. If you are ok with hearing my my spiel, than fasten your seat belts, its going to be a magical ride.
Forewarning you now, my grammar and spelling are atrocious.

CLIFF NOTE

This is not one of the threads that gets you sucks in, grabs your attention with a crazy swap or conversion. Then gets parted out and forgotten. I will tell you now, THIS CAR IS RUNNING AND DRIVING !!!! But I am not giving it all to you at once. Nope, were playing "just the tip" for now...

So my story starts with me trading a 93 coupe with a basic sr swap that had some issues for a clean 2 owner 97 kouki. It had low miles for the most part, was bone stock, and an automatic. I dont have a ton of pics when I first bought it. But here are a few

I could not deal with stock ride height, so I quickly bought some used JIC coils

No thrills, just a bone stock Ka and slush box transmission

And this is the start to my first real project. I am going to focus on this car a bit. As it was very important in my life and brought me to where I am today. So deal with it...

So like alot of people on here, I started off with the basic upgrades. Ne wheels, coils(PBM first gen, when they first came out), and z32 front brakes and new pad/rotors, and a nardi 330 classic and works bell hub

Made you look

My favorite mod to this point

Simple and pretty clean to this point

So then I moved out to WA state, and the car started to change. Traded wheels and got these

Then I got some more wheels and started my aero. All OEM and alot of it was BNIB.
Jdm front bumper
Jdm rear bumper
Jdm Oem front lip
Jdm Oem rear valences
Jdm fog lights and trim
Jdm grill
Jdm badges
And new Oem paint
And one of my favorite exhaust of all times, Buddy club spec 2

I later swapped this to the red emblem(the K's aero emblem)

Then I bought this

So I live in the tacoma area. When I moved here I googled a bit looking for shops. And if you are familiar with the area and shops, one will stand out UPgarage . After a few phone calls and visits to the shop. I decided I wanted them to do my swap.

So I was bored and have a blank sheet of carbon fiber. I thought I wanted to cover up the front license plate holes... and give my car a hitler stache

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...

Last edited by Pblesh85; 02-05-2017 at 08:10 PM..
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #2
240sx_sr20det
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection240sx_sr20det is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looking good so far!
240sx_sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
PART 2

So the swap began. I dont have any pictures of how it went down. Just aftermath shots. Myself and a few friends pulled my motor and prepped the car to take to the shop. Then a very long and spendy process started. But I ended up making really good friends with the owner Doug and partner/electrician Erik.

The man Doug Smith doing his thing

The car was at a good point and I was starting to enjoy it and learn to drive a bit.

So this next part is not for thefaint of heart.

In sept 2011 I was t boned at about 50-60mph. The car flipped 2 times I believe, and everything was in slow motion during the chaotic moment. It truly was like how movies predict. This almost killed my passenger(she still has issues to this day), seeing as i was in a full bucket. when struck all of my bodies movement was contained. i walked away relatively unharmed.

Anyway, on to a few pictures

So this ended a chapter in my life. If this accident never happened, I would still be driving it to this day...

I know that is not a really thorough documentation of that car. But it was an important part to where I am today. So the next few cars will go really quickly and the next post will be the car the build is focused on.

This next s14 (a real 97), I flew all the way to NJ and drove back to WA in 3 days.

This was someone else's project, and even though I changed the motor twice. It never truly felt like mine. It is the car that I really started to learn to drift in. And I will tell you, a stock sr is not much better that a Ka.

The car had a few mods

coilovers
tension rods
sway bars
stop tech brakes
exhaust
red top sr
and a few little things...

So then I blew the redtop up, swapped in a fresh one, and then blew it up too. At this time I finally got my insurance matter settled and got the red car back. I stripped it, pulled the motor, and salvaged everything I could.

After a thorough inspection of the motor. I only had to replace the upper and lower oil pan, and radiator, fmic, ect... the motor was good and unharmed.

So I bought some new parts, and threw my sr in.

new wheels ccw's classics, brushed face, ploished lips 18x9.5+14/18x11.5+19

Well after some time and issues. I was not having a lot of luck with the new chassis. So I took all my parts off.

Continued in next posting...

Last edited by Pblesh85; 02-05-2017 at 01:16 PM..
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #4
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

part 3

So we last left of on the black kouki...

It was fun and I had some good times. But in the end, things kept going wrong, kept breaking, and it was not the car for me. So I took all my parts off and traded shells. It was prob not the best of deals on my end. But it gave me a fresh start.

The new chassis was an OBD2 96 s14. ALL stock, no motor, no interior, 4 lug, auto, the whole shebang. Again I do not have the best documented progress. But I will try my best.

So swapping parts over starts

battery tray was rusted, so I cut it out to stop further spread.

gave it a good clean and prep

swap begains

threw the seat in and steering wheel

buttoning up

things are working

not a show car, but its what I wanted to learn to drive in. Practical and built correctly

So at this point I started going to some events, getting seat time, having fun.

on the way to the track...

Playing

cooking at the track

A few changes, new wheels

And picked this gem up

Oh and btw, I am the second registered owner of both cars...

So now I am making good progress and I am getting to know the car a bit. Just as things are going well, I am taking a promotion at work, moving back to the seattle area... My transmission stopped working. All in the middle of a move. So I did not have time to fix it until I am all settled in

So I get moved and finally some time to dive into the car. Here are my findings.

The GF being a good light

its out

lets see what happened

TOB seized... Well that sucks, its only an OS twin plate. Not expensive or anything. Im sure autozone stocks them.

ell my car is down for a while while I sort parts. I make pretty good power on my current setup, a garrett 2560(s15 turbo). Puts down 300whp at 15psi and full boost by 3.5k. I had grown tired of it and it was time for a bit more.

Some new Parts

Again things are looking up, parts are on the way. I am starting to become happy again...

SO THIS IS A GOOD PLACE TO PAUSE FOR NOW

Last edited by Pblesh85; 02-14-2017 at 01:26 AM..
Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

part 4

so we last left off with me collecting a few parts and getting settled in to a new place. ell long story short...

I was laid off for a month and a half and I needed money. So the 14 was in storage and I could not really afford to keep my 3rd storage unit and I could really use the money from selling it.

I know, lame... Well I decided to sell the shell alone. Keeping all my parts again.

well after a while I got back to work and caught up on my bills. So I decided to focus on the coupe I picked up.

So its a SINGLE OWNER
78,XXX MILES
93 base
manual doors
auto 100% stock

The plans are simple, just a nice clean, fun, fast daily

So lets get started

first up is a set of Ohlins PCV coils I traded some Zeals's for

Next up, I scored a set of nismo 370z seats out of #56

made some custom brackets from a set of s13 seats. heres the final product

Next is a really rare Nismo suede 360mm wheel and a works bell QR and short hub

Did the usual 5 lug treatment, all OEM s14 stuff. The brakes I went a bit different route. Evo X front calipers and rear Sti. Pait matched and all new OEM seals. Ebrake is a z32 hub brake with 2+2 cables(maybe 2 seater, I dont remember)

Pads are Project Mu NS pads and OEM rotors (Evo X front and z32 rear)
Seeing as the Evo rotors are 360mm and kinda require a 18in wheel. I did some trimming on my freshly painted calipers because I want to use 17's. I did a fair amount of test fitting and do have a list of 17in wheels that work with the Evo X setup. But for now more pics

A few updated interior pics

Here is the temp set of wheels Rays MS01

So now its time to swap out the stock low mileage fresh ka for my sr. I am holding out a few details because it will spoil things. There will be more explaining on the new car(very soon to come).

Wonder whats in the boxes

My new track setup 17x9+22 square... AND they clear my brakes

Temp coils while the Ohlins are rebuilt and customized
JIC FLT TAR

Greddy Front mount

Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump

Bay nice and cleaned out and prepped for the swap

BIG DAMN PROBLEM

did test fitting of the manifold and turbo. Guess what, shit does not fit. Now I am at a stand still....

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Last edited by Pblesh85; 02-27-2017 at 01:30 AM..
Old 02-05-2017, 01:16 PM   #6
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

part 5

So we last left off on my turbo and manifold hitting my brake booster and steering rack.

Well I found a solution... SELL THIS CAR TOO....

A friend of mine found me a interesting little car. A 90 silvia in my top2/3 color combinations. ivory pearl and metallic champagne

I guess this is where the indecision part comes in. this is the 9th s chassis that I have owned and I have always wanted a real silvia. So enough with the delay.

The car is a 90 Q's model with a CA18de but an original 5 speed car. A nice option was Bronze glass

The car was located in dallas ft worth. I live in the greater seattle area. Iam not too keen on buying a car I can not physically go look at. Well against my better judgement I said fuck it and flew down to TX and bought a car...

On the road back to WA

I stopped in twin falls ID to do a bit of sight seeing.

Last edited by Pblesh85; 03-11-2017 at 06:29 AM..
Old 02-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #7
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Holy shit, glad you are ok!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #8
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you could have still sold that wrecked s14 in today's market:
For sale, s14 super jdm kouki. original kouki, slight body damage, NO frame damage. jdm engine, $8000, no lowballs, i know wat i have.

But seriously, glad you and your passenger made it. What a waste thou, that was a perfect example of how you mod a car.
Im sure this new s14 will be just as, or even better than the last one. Definately following this build.

BTW, any way I can buy the rear balances from from the red one for cheap?? xD
Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #9
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

New build is an s13, but we will get to that as soon as I can update it again. Can't do it properly from my phone.

As far as the valences. I do have one left(other side was toast), but all the parts still left over, are keepsakes more or less.

But we still have two more cars to get to before the new one appears. So please be patient as its a nice, MORE IN DEPTH build. A lot of nice parts and progress. Still a lot more to come, but it's at a good point to start here. You all are just going to have to wait a little bit.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Still nuts to see the red S14. That accident is definitely rough.

Hope your passenger isn't doing too bad after that.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:27 PM   #11
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

Thanks, it was a bad accident indeed. Passenger broke several bones, including her back(she can walk), and a whole lot of other trauma. But she is living a normal life and not impaired too much.

But yeah, it's a shitty deal. Especially since I walked away almost un scathed.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:27 AM   #12
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Update time....

Old 02-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #13
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

This.

Good to see OG members still doing stuff.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #14
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 6

So now were all caught up and the build thread starts here.

I got back to WA and the first thing I did was to post the drive train for sale. I have ZERO use for a CA18de

I drove the car around for a few weeks until I had a buyer lined up for the CA. So this all starts with pulling the crap box and prepping the bay. So here we go.

So far things are going well, a CA comes out pretty easy and things are looking good.

We have are first speed bump, but its to be expected as none of these bolts have been off the car in 26 years. And yes thats an easyout snapped off in the bolt

Ready to start taking thing out

Everything is out and ready to be loaded up.

Loaded up on the trailer

Professional steam cleaning and this old 26 year old interior is fresh and clean again

The bay came out ok as well, not as clean as the burgundy coupe. But its still pretty clean.

Seeing as how I want to use my greddy diff cover and an s13 subframe does not have a 2 bolt pattern... how shall I proceed ??? I know, lets use a r34 gts subframe...

lets tear this thing down

Now the subframe bushings need to go. I dont own a press and burning them out is dumb.

I found my own method a while back on another subframe. Take an electric drill and drill the rubber around the steel sleeve. Then chisel the insert out.

Done and ready for powder coat

NOW THE UPDATES WILL COME MORE REGULARLY
First thing will be my wheel selection

Last edited by Pblesh85; 03-11-2017 at 06:28 AM..
Old 03-03-2017, 01:26 AM   #15
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 7

So I got my subframe back from powder coating and I am pleasantly surprised how it came out.

The r34 gts subframe is basically the same as the the s14/15. It will be requiring the offset spacers/inserts. For this I will be going with GKtech seeing as how i need to order a few others things too.

The car is taken to the shop so the real work can start. Its amazing how lame this thing looked at the beginning.

the subframe with a nice background shot

This is going to be going into the new subframe. Kazz 2 way with a 4.6 ring and pinion and some fresh kazz fluid

Out with the old

And installed with th GKtech conversion bushings

WHEELS

I am kind of a wheel whore and have several sets that this car will be rolling on. I have a few sets already but there was a set I have wanted for a long time. A good friend of mine came up on a set that I wanted. I have never done a wheel build before and was not sure what I was in for. I am not into the whole hella flush thing or stance nation. So these will not be in any crazy sizing.

One thing that bites
You ever want something or buy something that is not common ? And then EVERYONE and there mom gets the same thing... I have wanted these wheels for a REALLY long time, way before you started seeing them. Its one of my all time favorite wheels.(just had to throw that in)

Disassembly starts

The usual "working on car selfie"

Everything is disassembled and ready for powder coat and polishing

My donor wheel, I needed a lip, barrel, and a few bolts. That lip was off the set I bought.

Polishing starts, I will be doing all of it by hand/polishing wheel.

Before and after

Found this, so yeah... One more thing to fix

I get the faces back from powdercoat, I wanted as close to the original color but with just a LITTLE difference... tell me what you think.

Just a small amount of flake, I think it sets them off

Reassembly

FUCK............

I ended up snapping two bolts and was glad I have the donor bolts. If you buy a new M7 bolt, the stamp on the end of the bolt does not match. I know that NO ONE would ever notice the difference. But I would. The factory panasport bolts are stamped ''BRM" on the head btw.

So the threading for the bolts on these wheels is actually on the face. You have the inner barrel, the gasket, the lip, and then the face aligns from behind. It is a VERY TIGHT FIT. Its also a pain in the ass to align it all up. Hence me snapping 2 bolts. (not pictured) but I ended up re threading all 35 holes on two faces. talk about a fun process...

Final product, this is the first time ive ever done this, to include polishing

And BNIB center caps, that was a bitch to source

Anyway hope you like my wheel choice. There will be more in the very near future. Next post will have my rebuild of my SR and turbo kit details.

Any feedback is appreciated

Last edited by Pblesh85; 03-11-2017 at 06:35 AM..
Old 03-03-2017, 01:57 AM   #16
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
nice panasports
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #17
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey some of your photos have disappeared!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #18
SR20DETsilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
SR20DETsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Every photo didn't work for me
SR20DETsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #19
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

I organized my photobucket. I think that caused it. I'll fix it when I can get to a comp tonight.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #20
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Fixed the pics

Old 03-14-2017, 06:41 AM   #21
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
This is amazing please keep it coming <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:49 AM   #22
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 8

So I have been lacking on the updates... because ive been lame.

Well here we go

I have had a lot of parts that I have collected over the years. I bought a lot of it new, some used, but all of it is real and quality. You will not see one Chinese part or knock of bit anywhere on my car/cars

Front suspension:

JIC FLT TAR coilovers(this is temp while my ohlins are rebuilt and customized)
Ikeya formula FLCA
Ikeya formula tension rods
SPL outer tie rods
tein z33 inner tie rods
Nismo power brace

Stock s14 knuckles, I dont like how twitchy aftermarket feel on the freeway. Im not a pro driver, so that little extra does not warrant the sacrificed feel in everyday driving.

R32 Gtr front brakes
OEM N1 rotors
Carbo tech pads
Diff braided lines

Rear suspension

R34 gts rear subframe
JIC FLT TAR coilovers
Ikeya formula RLCA
GkTech RUCA
GkTech toe
GkTech traction
GkTech offset bushings
No rear sway bar

Not the exhaust I wanted, but im not crying either

Z32 rear calipers
z32 rear drum ebrake
Custom ebrake shoes (carbo tech)
Carbo tech pads
Diff braided lines

Test fit

Ill leave off here for now, Ill do more soon.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:28 AM   #23
AscendaShogun
Zilvia Junkie

AscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the roughAscendaShogun is a jewel in the rough
It's coming along man! keep at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
decrepit teenage shitsleds
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
"Cut my springs, car is bouncy, will a camber kit help?"
AscendaShogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:32 AM   #24
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks awesome, love to see two tones getting some love!
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #25
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 9

So I have just been lazy and not wanting to log on and do this. Sorry but ive just been lame...

Anyway... Seeing as how I am at the dealer getting a new set of tires and wheels mounted and balanced as well as my oil changed(I hate dealing with used oil, and im lazy), I figured this is a good time to at least knock out a small update.

I wanted to show my SR build and reason for buying an actual Silvia.

So this is going to be the 4th chassis I have had this motor in. Things have been refreshed and some new parts added. Here is a list of the build.

zenki s14 SR
Originally assembled by Aki at Black traxx in san jose ca
crank balanced and polished
wiseco pistons 8.5-1
eagle rods
clevite bearings
arp rod bolts
arp main bolts
arp headstuds
apex i 1.1 head gasket
BC 264 cams
BC valve springs
BC titanium retainers
peak performance rocker arm stoppers
nismo 740cc injectors
greddy intake manifold
greddy pully kit
greddy oil pan
apex i pwr fc D jetro
apex i boost up kit (boost controller)
hks bov

NEW PARTS OR CHANGES

OEM GtiR pulsar rod and main bearings(Over sized)
Injectors cleaned and flow tested
OS giken twin plate ts2bd clutch
drive shaft shop 1 piece aluminium drive shaft

And the reason for the new chassis

Turbo setup is an original RX6 kit meant for a rhd car. It is bnib and 100% complete
apex i rx6b ihi turbo
TCW76 compressor
p18 turbine housing
water cooled waste gate body upgrade

I am not big on the "I have the only one of these ever..." game. Because face it, unless you designed it and made it yourself, and then only made one. You are buying something that anyone has access to. but... I came across this kit being sold 100% complete. And I liked it, so I bought it.

This is the only one I have ever seen, at least complete,and stateside(There was one other, but not complete, and modified... Who can tell me the car ?). I have seen one or two for a gtr. But this is the only one of these you will prob see.

So lets see how it looks in person along with some build pictures.

New valve cover, and a color I love. Rock N Roll blue from Fiat

Minty Fresh fuel rail

Tomei bronze oil cap and BNIB s15 OEM coilpacks

All Mocked up and ready for install...

So I will leave it here for the next update. The next one will be bigger("thats what she said").

Old 05-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #26
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Talk about an update! I've seen that kit back in the day at an older TAS. I haven't seen one since...

That's quite the amazing pickup my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:57 AM   #27
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 10

Two updates in one week... Wow I must be motivated.

So the swap starts.

I have done 5 or 6 of these in driveways, or carports. And i must say if you have access t a lift, you really should try it out.

in from the bottom, no need to mess up my fresh valve cover or clean bay

And bolt the subframe back in and there you have it.

I think it looks pretty damned good inside its new home. Dont you ?

Heater core lines nice and tidy

Side note

When I bought my car, I bought it from a company that had imported it to Texas. It had not been registered and this was my first experience dealing with everything. Now I was not sure what all I needed to register the car in my state. It came with a boatload of paperwork, everything seemed legit.

But EVERY FUCKING time I went to register my car. They wanted something new and different. I had to go back at least 4 different times. But that last time was my lucky go.

Patiently waiting

And finally

So on to the Piping and intercooler, as well as a few other cool things.

Power steering line

Factory Apex-i piping

Fitting my oil cooler(came off my last car, was brand new before the t bone)

Stance Oil block with a greddy pressure sensor

Trust filter relocation block with thermostat

Diff steering rack bushing, z06 fuel filter/pressure regulator

New clutch and brake masters

Fresh injectors (Nismo 740cc) and fuel rail

OEM clutch fan and shroud is the only way to go. Koyo dual pass(N flow)

Intercooler fitment (Greddy kit)

So I bought an s14 Greddy fmic kit so I would not have to buy the cold pipe to fit my intake manifold. But the hot side did not quite work the way we wanted. So we cut and welded it to make it 1 piece

All welded up, looks nice

What do we have here ?

setrab pwr steering cooler with spal fan. Will be running an electric thermostat so that the fluid gets to operating temp

Front end is almost there

Cold side

Hot side

Money shot

A look at what I call fitment

Continued...

Old 05-31-2017, 03:23 AM   #28
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

PART 10 B

So this next part really sucked. I wanted to fit my bumper to the FMIC as clean as possible. And its ALOT cut a little, measure, cut a little more, etc...

This is one of my favorite bits of this build

I am going to be a bit selfish with the info on this though. If you know, you know, if not you dont. If you are resourceful you can find out a bit more.

Cutting required

And all plastic welded, ground down and bolted in for test fitment

Looks OEM, oh yeah it is...

Another cool one off item. Real carbon OEM pwr folding mirrors

Looking like a car almost

And the front end is all bolted up

We will leave off here for now. Next will be interior and finishing bits.

Old 05-31-2017, 05:04 AM   #29
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Fuck dude this is so awesome. Making me want to hold on to my Q's. I like the grille. A lot of people don't know about it and that makes it a tad bit cooler.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:51 AM   #30
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Man I know I'm late but holy shit @ the red s14..
Crazy/good to know you walked away from that.
Aside from that, everything else in this thread is great!
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote