Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Abs and brake light questions

So my car sat for 6 years without being started, long story, but basically I went through the past 3 months and completely redid a bunch of stuff. Decided to go 5 lug and while swapping the hubs i figured hey ill put new brakes on! So basically installed drilled rotors, painted the calipers and caliper brackets, replaced the slide pins and their boots, new pads, isr steel braided lines, installed the villans dual caliper setup in the rear plumbed to a hydro handbrake, flushed and bled both brake systems (factory and hydro as it has its own res and cylinder) and tightened the factory parking brake (it has a drift button installed from prior owner who did the sr swap (my car is a 91 hatch and has a redtop in it) and he also removed the abs system)

So when i went to start my car for the first time (didnt start fuel pump is bad, waiting on new one to arrive tomorrow or next day) i noticed on the dash the abs light is on as well as the other brake indicator. The parking brake is down, so im wondering why the brake light is lit on the cluster? The abs one makes sense as the whole abs unit is gone, so im wondering 2 things

-why is the Brake light illuminated on the cluster, is it because the rubber plug that turns off the brake lights on the pedal is missing? Because ive been trying to fix that, i know generally if the parking brake is up that will turn it on, but the park brake is not pulled as the car is sitting on jackstands waiting for lugnuts that fit to arrive before i can bolt wheels down and take it off them or is it because the drift button pushes the factory park brake button down?

As for the abs light, before i pull the bulb out of the cluster itself to make it go away i was wondering if theres another way? Its kindof a bitch to get my cluster out as my whole dash, glove box, shifter trim, and gauge cluster trim is custom carbon fiber (it was super cracked and awful when i got the car so i had it redone in cf)

Thanks an advance, i just want to get these lights off because 1, they annoying as shit to look at, and 2 i dunno if it will make a diff on emissions? I have no check engine light, just brake, abs, and the oil one (probably because the car sat so long and i just put new oil in, im also running an oil cooler and relocated filter so the factory filter got replaced with a plate with an AN Line feed and return, so it goes out the motor, to the cooler and filter plate with temp and pressure sensors, back to the block. Theres roughly 14 feet of 10an line and the 10 row cooler, when i refilled the oil instead of the 3.7 it calls for i put in 5. The dipstick shows its right where it needs to be and i have another thing of oil in case when it starts and gets flowing through the cooler and lines ends up needing more

Any suggestions on how to fix it?
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #2
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So the lights are on when the key is on, but the car is not running correct? Pretty sure that's normal, lights should illuminate with the key on, see what happens when you get it to fire up, they should go off
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Oh well if thats the case thats good news, guess we'll find out if it ever starts lol
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote