Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
enjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
S13 5 speed swap into a S14?

Hey guys,
Im new to this and ive done a little research but i cant really find an exact answer. Ive been wanting to do a 5 speed swap on my 95 240 for a while and i cant seem to find anyone with a s14 swap. But there are plenty of s13 swaps. I know the s13 trans doesnt have a spot for one of the main sensors a s14 has...so i would still get a s14 trans. But what about everything else? Would everything from a s13 bolt up to a s14 with no problem? Or would there be too many problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot,
Darren
enjoisk8board891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
quick google search...

http://www.240sx.org/links/installs/s14_5speed_swap.htm
Old 07-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

enjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choicesenjoisk8board891 has made poor choices
Yes i got all the parts needed. And sorry if i wasnt clear with my question...But my question was, if i purchased a s13 swap would it go into my s14 with no problem.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
02BRB20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore02BRB20 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the Zilvia FAQ and Archives will set you free
02BRB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
What will work (100% sure.)

•shifter
•throw out bearing (if you put in a new one)
•pressure plate
•clutch
•flywheel
•Mounting plate (between the engine block and bell housing)
•Flywheel bolts
•clutch master
•clutch slave
•crossmember
•lower shift boot

Will not work (as far as i know)
•ecu
•transmission (unless you switch the front bell housings)

Not sure about
•clutch pedal
•brake pedal
•driveshaft
Old 07-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nicejjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
you can use everything from an s13 minus the speed sensor, drivshaft and clutch pedal.

just cut the brake pedal and slip the clutch pedal rubber pad over if you dont wanna see the cut.

you can reuse your stock auto ecu if you dont mind not having a speed govenor.

for your trans youd either have to go to your local nissan dealer and get a 14 speed sensor (since the 13 connector only has 2 pins and the 14 has 3) or you could try find a used one somewhere. the bell housings along with all ka blocks (where the tranny bolts up) are the same.

other than that you should be good to go. hope this helps you out.
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #7
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
clutch pedal from a S13 will work if you put 1-1 1/2 inches of washers on it
Old 07-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
here you go
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=195498
Old 07-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

You guys are awesome. Now what about all the hard and soft lines? will those go on alright or would i have to find those somewhere else?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoisk8board891 View Post
You guys are awesome. Now what about all the hard and soft lines? will those go on alright or would i have to find those somewhere else?
The softline will work with either one...

Just make your own hardline/get the agency power ss line (the long one) and just get rid of that pesky dampener block the clutch line has....it makes bleeding the system a pain.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

Alright...well im i havent really made my own parts or anything...where could i find the line and how hard is it to make? Does it come with all the fittings?
Old 07-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
The softline will work with either one...

Just make your own hardline/get the agency power ss line (the long one) and just get rid of that pesky dampener block the clutch line has....it makes bleeding the system a pain.

+1 all you need is a tubeing bender and buy some fittings and go nuts
Old 07-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

haha thanks alot guys a appreciate all the help.

Thanks for the quick replies!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #14
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Clutch master works but the pushrod is longer on an S14, so using an S13 cylinder requires you to max the pedal adjustment out. Since a new master cylinder isn't expensive it's better to buy for the correct application.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:48 PM   #15
lob@ller
Leaky Injector

lob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enough
[quote= the bell housings along with all ka blocks (where the tranny bolts up) are the same.

other than that you should be good to go. hope this helps you out.[/quote]
Wait... so is this right? I've read many times that the s13 5spd will only go into an s14 if you swap bell housings. I wanna do a MT swap in my s14 and now I'm confused.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 PM   #16
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lob@ller View Post
Wait... so is this right? I've read many times that the s13 5spd will only go into an s14 if you swap bell housings. I wanna do a MT swap in my s14 and now I'm confused.
Transmission is the exact same, 89-98, but the 95-98s have the hole added for the CPS. Drill/tap, swap, or leave it unplugged, your choice. Same stuff we've said for 13 years.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 07-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #17
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

The trans from a s13 will bolt up to a s14...but the s13 is missing a spot for one of the sensors like ProjectRDM said. Im doing it right so thats why im getting a s14 trans.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM   #18
lob@ller
Leaky Injector

lob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enoughlob@ller will become famous soon enough
Is it still necessary to drill that hole in the tranny if you've got an obd1 '95 s14?
Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 AM   #19
gunluvS14
Zilvia Member

gunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura aboutgunluvS14 has a spectacular aura about
I have a OBDII S14 with S13 tranny right now, I just leave the crank position sensor out, its ziptied to something up there.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #20
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lob@ller View Post
Is it still necessary to drill that hole in the tranny if you've got an obd1 '95 s14?
What part of 95-98s have the hole drilled for the CPS do you not understand? ALL transmissions equipped in S14s have the CPS.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #21
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

I dont understand why this is so hard. Ive said this from the begining. An s13 trans doesnt have a hole for the CPS. An s14 trans does. Which is why im sticking with a s14 trans. Not that hard ppl
Old 07-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #22
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

So im having no luck finding an s14 trans...GunLuv said hes running a s13 trans w.o the CPS. Does anyone know how the car will run without it? Or would i be better off waiting for someone to sell there trans. Any advise would be awesome.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoisk8board891 View Post
So im having no luck finding an s14 trans...GunLuv said hes running a s13 trans w.o the CPS. Does anyone know how the car will run without it? Or would i be better off waiting for someone to sell there trans. Any advise would be awesome.
Have you bothered to read anything in this forum? The CPS is used for OBD diagnostics only. Period. The ONLY ill effect of removing it is the CEL. The car runs fine, drives fine, no timing is pulled, no going into open loop, nothing. You'll never know it was gone. We've talked about that seemingly a million times before.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #24
enjoisk8board891
Zilvia Junkie

Thank you thats all i wanted to know. I appriciate the response
Old 02-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #25
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks to google and all of these responses, this is all I wanted to know. Thanks
feito is offline   Reply With Quote