Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:25 AM   #1
blackedition
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
blackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Using stock brackets for racing seats?

I heard it done for other vehicles but couldn't find anything on the s13. I took the s13 seats off my ride and the bracket looks pretty complicated to take off. Before I waste my time to take off the bracket I just wanted to make sure that it will work with my aftermarket racing seats, of course maybe with some mods like drilling new holes. Anyone did this before? thanks
blackedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
People have done it, yes. Depends on the seat design and where you can mount them to, but you should be fine with some fabbing/rigging.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
blackedition
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
blackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of lightblackedition is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thanks, I will give it a shot, hope it works
blackedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #4
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
dont try and "rig" your seat. that is probably the first part in your car that will save your life when needed. and NO. you cant bolt your stock rail up to aftermarket seats. most of them are side mount nowdays anyways. I bought a bottom mount sparco and had PSM weld new brackets across the bottom of the sliders!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino6192 View Post
dont try and "rig" your seat. that is probably the first part in your car that will save your life when needed. and NO. you cant bolt your stock rail up to aftermarket seats. most of them are side mount nowdays anyways. I bought a bottom mount sparco and had PSM weld new brackets across the bottom of the sliders!
Rigging as in cutting, welding. No one is going to ziptie seat brackets asshole.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 07-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

dino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond reputedino6192 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL!! Asshole!?? HA HA HA HA! only on zilvia you see someone get so fucking butthurt over dumb shit like this.
ok maybe you dont understand. I didnt have my shit ghetto riged. I had martin at PSM design a entirely NEW BRACKET. UnDuRStanD?! not "rig" some bracket together to make shit work like you see all over the forums!
I was trying to give advice to steer away from that in case he ends up in a collision and flys thru the damm windshield because someone gave him bad advice like "rig" your seat together.
now go change your pad, take some Mydol and chill the hell out with all the hating! PM me if you have any further problems so we can keep this thread clean.

PS thanks for the neg rep! you made me cry!
Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
m..
rigging?

cutting and welding

as long as you don't suck shit at it, it'll be okay..
Old 07-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Rigging - to adapt, fabricate, or build in a way different or abnormal from regular means.

A custom rollbar, strut tower brace, master cylinder stopper, or anything build or fabbed from excess parts or scrap can be considered rigged. Doesn't mean it's janky, screwed together, and ready to collapse under load. True, some people reference 'rigged' to mean poor execution, I don't think I'd be one to suggest that though, nor do I condone it.

You attack me, I fight back. Simple.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:08 PM   #9
dino6192
Zilvia Addict

misunderstanding by choice of words. what new on forums right? sounds like we got it all worked out then. Dont make "janky, ghetto" rails right! I agree. most of the time "rigged" would be found in a sentence that is describing some ghetto fab work is all.