Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
liquidchicken
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
liquidchicken is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Question Hatchback or Coupe?

Just kind of curious what everyone prefers? I feel like more people favor the hatch but there's also a bunch of die hard coupe owners out there... So tell me what your favorite is, assuming both cars are in your favorite trim/style.. type x, silvia, pignose, etc...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Halobb

Trader Rating: (0)
Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I love my hatchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidchicken View Post
Just kind of curious what everyone prefers? I feel like more people favor the hatch but there's also a bunch of die hard coupe owners out there... So tell me what your favorite is, assuming both cars are in your favorite trim/style.. type x, silvia, pignose, etc...
You know it's a fastback, right? There's NO SUCH THING as a 240sx hatchback! And before anyone says "they're the same thing"... no they're not.

By definition, on a fastback, the roofline doesn't change slope between the roof and hatch. On a hatchback, there's a clear change in slope where the roof meets the hatch.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2017, 11:17 PM   #4
liquidchicken
Leaky Injector

liquidchicken is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdryon View Post
You know it's a fastback, right? There's NO SUCH THING as a 240sx hatchback! And before anyone says "they're the same thing"... no they're not.

By definition, on a fastback, the roofline doesn't change slope between the roof and hatch. On a hatchback, there's a clear change in slope where the roof meets the hatch.

Thanks, everyone calls them hatchbacks or hatches so ill stick with that...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #5
Halobb

Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
I only said hatchback because out here in my area of wonderful California, that is what they are referred as haha. But yes I do know that technically it is a fastback, people just don't refer to them as that around here though.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #6
djdryon
Leaky Injector

djdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura aboutdjdryon has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to djdryon Send a message via AIM to djdryon Send a message via MSN to djdryon Send a message via Yahoo to djdryon
Fair enough. I know everyone calls them hatches.

I prefer the look of the fastback with kouki lights and pop-ups, and the coupe with the Silvia lights. Not a fan of the onevia or sileighty style, so that's my opinion. I'd say go with whichever you prefer. I have a fastback with a full kit, 350z dash and carbon buckets, and I love every inch of it. You truly can't go wrong with either, as it's an amazing chassis to drive.

Old 05-20-2017, 12:50 AM   #7
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
type x fastbacks are the bees knees
Old 05-20-2017, 12:51 AM   #8
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halobb View Post
I only said hatchback because out here in my area of wonderful California, that is what they are referred as haha. But yes I do know that technically it is a fastback, people just don't refer to them as that around here though.

People call them hatchbacks here in Seattle, too. I'm sure it's the term used by pretty much everyone; like how I say I'm going skiing, even though I only snowboard...

Old 05-20-2017, 01:16 AM   #9
djdryon
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
type x fastbacks are the bees knees
They really are. Pure sexy. I have the Type X spoiler, kouki lights, chuki skirts, and GP Sports bumpers. Love the look, and happy the kit is not fiberglass, so it will never crack.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:42 AM   #10
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
you can use either term, just some people flip out. the trunk and rear glass are connected, that's a hatch. yes the car covers from shipping have fastback written on it. however, when it has a big opening hatch on the back of it, you can call it hatchback as well
Old 05-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #11
240boi115
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
240boi115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
IMO nothing beats a two tone coupe with silvia aero however, a type x fast back lowered a bit on a nice set of wheels looks amazing. Ive owned both and although Im a die hard coupe fan I cant deny that I miss the storage space of the fastback and the look of those kouki tails.
my 240 broke down..again
Old 05-20-2017, 02:39 AM   #12
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
They really are. Pure sexy. I have the Type X spoiler, kouki lights, chuki skirts, and GP Sports bumpers. Love the look, and happy the kit is not fiberglass, so it will never crack.

have any pics?
Old 05-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #13
240sxRuinedMe

240sxRuinedMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Coupe gang here. 9 s chassis owned. 5 were coupes and never owned a hatch.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:11 AM   #14
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxRuinedMe View Post
Coupe gang here. 9 s chassis owned. 5 were coupes and never owned a hatch.

How...wait...wut?

coupes with pop-ups. I like my 240's to look exactly like a onevia but I don't call it that because the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

j/k...i call it a onevia
Old 05-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
uhm, thats great but NO ONE GIVES A FUCK

if we wanted to learn we'd read wikipedia, this is fucking zilvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240boi115 View Post
IMO nothing beats a two tone coupe with silvia aero
except that coupes suck shit and two tones are fucking ugly as sin
Old 05-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #16
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Wow, what an amazing new question. No one has ever asked this question or had this thought before. Thank you for making a new thread about it.

No wait, I typed that wrong. I meant DON'T POST STUPID THREADS. Seriously. The 240sx has been around since 1989, and Zilvia has been around since 2000. Rudimentary questions like this are just annoying. The are threads dedicated strictly to each chassis scattered throughout the forum dealing with aero, paint, wheels, etc. Most of them specialized down to individual chassis and preferences. This thread is not needed and is now closed. Spend more time reading and less time starting new threads, Egg Boy.

Closed Thread