Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 AM   #1
Trail by fire

Trader Rating: (0)
Trail by fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Don't expect much - 180sx

After a few years of being inactive and forgetting my profile, Ive decided to come back and make a build thread for the new one.
As the title reads; dont expect too much from this, i have a tendency to suck at keeping threads like this up to date but ill make sure to do my best with this one.

Was recently able to get my happy ass over to Japan for a few years, after toying around with a bunch of different chassis' i decided to once again go back to my roots and pick up another s-chassis.

Little bit of back story and some slight regret on this thing, id like to start off by saying im not a smart man, therefore when i bought this 1998 180sx for what seemed like a good deal, i failed to realize that the type x and type r's ceased production in '97.

What i ended up with was this:
92k km mostly stock type g (read as "base model") naturally aspirated sr20 180sx.

Yeah i was a little upset.

Anyways, got the car shipped up north a few months back. It arrived with a few goodies, kei office coils, front and rear sway bars, some speedline gt ones, fiberglass oem style fenders, and a dmax type 2 styled front bumper (maybe?) and overall fairly clean... fairly

Drove it around like that for a few weeks, found some things that scare me and some things that i hate about the car. I.e. paint, cracked carbon 180sx rear center light, some minor dents, no radio, blah blah.

Some previous owner put the worst coat of paint over the factory paint which is now just peeling off like plastidip. Thankfully the car will be getting painted come next spring/summer.

Shortly after getting it on the road i knew i had to go 5 lug and prep the car for winter, bought some 17x8/9 ssr professors, threw some snow tires on them and waited for parts to arrive.

Parts got here pretty quickly, shout out to enjuku, threw the 5 lug on with some s14 brake rotors and a b&m short shifter and thats about where were at today.

Other stuff i have thatll be going in come winter time, sumitomo aluminum 30mm z32 brakes, bride seat rails and sliders (probably grabbing a seat soon).

Pictures of her as she sits today,

(Note: you can see the crap single coat paint peeling off the driver side door in this photo)

Other then that

I'm picking up a 97 kouki silvia s14 here in the next few weeks to tear apart, the notchtop will be going into the 180 over winter aswell as the trans since i pulled pieces of a syncho out of mine while doing the short shifter.

Anyways thats all ive really got at the moment, ill be sure to try to keep the build as updated as possibly if theres signs of interest.

Also a question to the rare parts gurus of zilvia, im trying to hunt down a manufacturer of my front fenders. Ive never seen or heard of oem styled fiberglass front fenders. Theyre not larger then stock, not vented or anything. Just stock fenders but made out of fiberglass. Theres no manufacturing mark or any sort of hint as to where they came from. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Last edited by Trail by fire; 10-31-2017 at 01:22 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2017, 05:46 AM   #2
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You have 48 hours to fix your pictures or this will be deleted

And I write too!
Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #3
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
You have 48 hours to fix your pictures or this will be deleted
I mean, he DID say not to expect much...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-27-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Came here not expecting much. Pleasantly fulfilled expectations.

Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^Classic.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:19 AM   #6
Trail by fire

Trader Rating: (0)
Trail by fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
Came here not expecting much. Pleasantly fulfilled expectations.

And that's exactly the mindset I'm looking for! Photo's fixed, as i said in the original post, I'm not overly smart. Thankfully my automotive knowledge is a lot higher then my technological knowledge

Small update I guess, nabbed the kouki Saturday for a parts car. It'll be coming home next weekend at the latest. Few pictures of said shit box parts car.

Really feel bad knowing I'm going to be tearing it down to a shell but i cant feel too bad, previous owners failed that car. The passenger side strut tower has separated at the frame rail from being left outside in the harsh nothern Japan for 20 years, so I'm just going to make sure it doesn't all go to waste.

Other then that, I shredded up the bumper a little bit at the track on Saturday as well. Thank god it'll be getting a new kit and paint over the winter.

Thats about all I've got for now. Ill try and update this weekend if i get the kouki back to the house, but since there's a event at the track it might not happen.

I'll toss in a few photos from an event earlier this year, hopefully it'll make up for my dumbass first post Hopefully imgur doesn't totally butcher the quality.

Old 10-31-2017, 07:20 AM   #7
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
And, as I expected, this is NOT a build thread. It is a picture thread. Please consult the sticky thread at the top of this section [link] before resubmitting.

And I write too!
Closed Thread